/smg/ - Stock Market General

[Embed] [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open] Edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread: →

Attached: 1536546922435.jpg (262x266, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1vba6j/til_a_japanese_stock_trader_turned_13600_into/
kiplinger.com/slideshow/investing/T052-S001-the-10-best-closed-end-funds-for-2018/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sell amd

high yield DIV stocks that will still be around in 30 years?

>mfw I forget about PDT and get stuck with SPY calls until tomorrow morning

Hehe I'm in danger

Attached: 1536939289108.png (250x242, 79K)

TRXC getting ready to moon on FDA approval.

Attached: magic.gif (387x305, 499K)

First for this is the last time you will be able to purchase XYF for less than $50.

Bought in at 13.30 this marks my first regret of the day

I want to buy Canopy Rivers tomorrow. Does anyone know the American symbol and if it will be on Robinhood?

>TIL a Japanese stock trader turned $13600 into $156M over 8 years

reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1vba6j/til_a_japanese_stock_trader_turned_13600_into/

How, /smg/? How???

Attached: 1522558290575.jpg (1136x640, 66K)

First for sending kneepad to a re-education camp to wipe the communism out of her head and make her realize the brilliance of our supreme leader.

Attached: tru.jpg (4264x2768, 925K)

There won't be an American symbol dumb dumb, it's on a Canadian exchange

Isn't that the chink shit you've been cursing all day?

STOP RIGHT NOW ON AMD

Attached: stopSELLING.jpg (197x256, 8K)

T
F
GM
GIS
KO
PM
GE

Attached: 1535896019358.png (747x679, 30K)

Actual, principled conservative here. I've supported Donald Trump since he announced his candidacy in 2015, and I was beyond impressed with his decision to nominate Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court of the United States. With that said, I take all matters relevant to sexual assault very seriously. I have a daughter, and I believe it is our duty -- no, our universal moral imperative -- to hear out all women who have allegedly been sexually assaulted -- including Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine B. Ford -- loudly, clearly, and as transparently as possible. We must also allow the Senate to conduct a thorough investigations of what are seemingly credible allegations of sexual assault. Remoteness shouldn't play much of a part in our considerations. Let me remind you that this isn't a partisan issue. Sexual assault harms everyone. Given my strong principles, I can even come to acknowledge the reasonableness with which Senators Kamala Harris and Chuck Schumer speak.Thus, I support a delay in the Senate's vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Once he is cleared, I think the Senate should confirm him. And that's coming from an actual, principled conservative.

Attached: 1528578481273.jpg (685x522, 39K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FRENS

My Frens: AAPL, DOC, GE, IBM, IP, IRM, ITW, JNJ, JPM, KO, LOW, MSFT, NOK, O, PFE, PG, PSX, SBUX, T, V, VZ

who are your frens?

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

Yes, Bagholder is trying to sell his bags to everyone in the thread

is GE good?

Attached: download (15).jpg (233x216, 6K)

Is F good?

But I want to buy some.

yes

Attached: DhQkiDmUwAAEC6e.jpg (1225x850, 76K)

I bought it low around 13/share. its about there right now. divvy is 3.78% but it maybe stagnant for the next few years. i'm hoping the company turns it around after selling off much of its debt creators and focuses on what makes it money raising the price, business and thus increasing divvies in the future. could go to complete shit though. Its one of the riskiest holdings I have

you posted this reddit trash and didn't even bother reading it? the answer is right there

I may be dumb, but I'm not dumb enough for that faggot pasta.

>was
Over what timescale? If you can average 1% a day over the long term, you're the greatest investor to ever live.

Or you're just a fucking retard that is eventually going to lose most of his money.

>he doesn't realize that esoteric Eurasian post-strasserite hyper-imperialism is the rightful teleological form of anarcho-capitalism

Attached: nazbol.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

so far it's been a good buy for me so far

Attached: DlQp92JUcAAgk2v.jpg (1098x735, 43K)

my frens i see once per month

*APLE
*CIK
*ORC
*PSEC
*DHY
*GLAD
*JMP
*GECC

Attached: 1535899507884.jpg (570x559, 58K)

You almost had me user

Attached: 1537309690714.gif (200x180, 868K)

Also gold has a pretty good chance of beginning an uptrend as the dollar goes down.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-19-13-11-48.png (1080x1920, 247K)

ty I like you

I think he did it, and we should let he mid term be a referendum on Trump's appointment. Say it with me, Senate Majority leader Chuck Schumer.

What is good about dividends for normies like us? You'd need about half a million dollars invested in high yield stocks (3% and higher) to get a yearly $20.000 minimum wage payout. I like the idea of passive income but the capital required is unreasonable.

Ford is the only correct answer

Fuck GALT fell below 6. Wish I waited a few hours to buy shares, I got it at 6.17

You are not alone

Nothing. You buy TQQQ for 20 years then switch to dividends to be a NEET

Dollar is going down? I WANT TO KNWO MORE

Also what's smg opinion on Peter Shill

The gas chambers are too good for you. I hope you burn your next batch of tendies.

Attached: 1536185348241.png (800x1200, 352K)

>getting 3%

you are like a little baby

PER
BPT
SDR
CBL
SDT
UNIT
GMLP
*ORC
HCLP
JE
*PSEC
GME
*GECC

Attached: 15259535575490.jpg (458x344, 29K)

checked

nice list you got there. i'll be allocating more capital towards monthly divs but first i need to look into how they're taxed since they're paid every 30 days within the 60 day mark. any user can answer this?

Peter Schiff is smart but he lies a lot because he has a huge vested interest in his precious metals company

XYF - 11.84

Daily reminder that TQQQ is your friend

WRONG

Attached: 1535263525899.jpg (940x611, 32K)

Peter Schiff couldn't be more stereotypical jew if he tried. He is a gold salesman selling FUD to anyone that will listen.

I'm gonna hold it, fuck it. And fuck you SackHolder

start early, compounding interest, especially quarterly or monthly with dividends, can do wonders over time. plus its nice getting paid every week for doing absolutely nothing and watching that payment go up each year for doing nothing as well.

i also invest in some growth mutual funds

Isn't he kind of opened about it considering all his predictions it's pretty obvious his shit is in metal. It seems kinda fair considering he wasn't wrong about 2008 and his math doesn't look fake but I could be mistaken.

It can't go lower than that. You're really going to regret not purchasing it for this price 10 weeks from now when they're buying out TD-Canadia trade.

Thoughts on JPC?

Don't be concerned with intraday price fluctuations, just wait for the catalysts and think in terms of weeks and months, not days

Any opinions on SUNS?

HEY. THAT'S MY LINE.

Attached: 1508539647254.jpg (346x450, 22K)

to be honest, i don't know a damn thing about close-end funds or how they operate

i'm mostly look at blue chip and REIT investment prospects. Currently have 21 holdings. Plan is to go to 30 max and just keep adding to it until i have a nice nest egg. then at some point I'll cancel my drip and use it to invest in monthly paying divvy stocks for a year or two and reevaluate possible retirement.

+You can't say he's wrong or that he's not making money on what he shills (and so can you imo, commodities only portfolio isn't best but definitely profitable ). Or am I wrong?

You’re right. I need to stop checking stocks every few minutes

Trash. buy JDD instead.

>none are businesses
>sub $10 price per share
>equity loss across the board last years
>somehow 10-20% dividend yield
What are these abominations?

Attached: 130221984383.jpg (600x578, 45K)

Acktually I buy my pants from JCP, so you should really consider buying it

He's making money by conning senior citizens out of their retirement money buy selling them meme gold. He belongs in an oven.

NBEV about to test 4.20 again, hope you bought the 3.90 dip

hey /biz, what are some good closed-end funds?

I'm tired of trying to time buying ans selling stocks, and everything stock I buy sinks to the bottom...

Attached: `1501084695846.png (600x500, 175K)

royalty trusts

Attached: artworks-000174242113-685d5t-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 44K)

Break 4.20 into 5 eod

Ratsu would recommend any blackrock CEF

>That fucking pic

Attached: 175844725.jpg (750x500, 30K)

kiplinger.com/slideshow/investing/T052-S001-the-10-best-closed-end-funds-for-2018/index.html

nothing of actual value.

Attached: john deere.jpg (1366x768, 92K)

Attached: 1469507457573-0.png (699x719, 398K)

I want dividends but don't feel like researching shit, should I just buy VYM?

ALT flirting with an afternoon halt

Attached: bd9518c.jpg (888x1350, 105K)

t.boomer

>I want dividends but don't feel like researching shit, should I just buy VYM?

AWK, WM, KO

so many Blackrock CEFs to choose from, which ones are good?

what's more important, discounts on NAV, or 1 year return on NAV? I'm browsing info from cefconnect.com

Attached: `1501563434031.png (344x135, 18K)

I’m 500 shares deep into F, and got about 5K to dip elsewhere. Should I go balls deep into T like an absolute

sdiv

You may as well just invest in a gun and kill yourself if you actually invest in a closed equity fund from blackrock.

Attached: yup.png (56x56, 3K)

pls no

What are the favorite blue chip companies for dividends around here?

Why do you want a CEF instead of an ETF?

General Mills

Holy shit I might actually make my money back on this turd!

Sorry that @ wasn't meant for you I was brushing my teeth and phone posting at the same time. But yes I am a boomer, loud and proud.

Attached: b2.jpg (271x186, 11K)

Why General Mills?

NBEV just broke 4.20 to 4.45

AH action is going to be fucking crazy. Again

Attached: 1537288198339.png (483x581, 511K)

Because he said so you fucking nerd, google it

just acting on an advice from a friend. been trading for about 2 months still haven't made a fucking profit.

I'm just looking for something stable w/ growth and dividends

Attached: `1493635741275.png (1400x1920, 906K)

Two funds I put most of my allocation in on Vanguard are the 2060 retirement fund (for no stress) and VDAIX (dividend appreciation fund). VDAIX is interesting because it consists largely of industrials but also weighted accordingly to dividend growth companies. In the long run the yield on cost doesn't grow too significantly but in turn I'd say there's probably a premium attached to owning blue chips that are fundamentally strong. It's pretty much on par with the SP 500 really.

That being said I've begun a position with Tyson. It's priced at about -35% its highs from the year. It's not a pretty business and the PE is arguably low because of external environmental costs being recognized but I'd argue they're adjusting accordingly and keeping the books strong. From a value play I'll probably average down if it keeps dipping from trade issues and what not since again, the company's books look strong overall.

Their dividend growth is inconsistent as the board ultimately decides whether or not to reward shareholders if it has been a good year but the % growths have been great. I understand the downsides but really appreciate the opportunity for a great YOC.

Why am I never able to predict the stocks correctly? Everything I buy, hoping that the price will rise, just goes down and stays there.

Attached: 7D96D527-846B-4746-98B6-5B61B11405E8.jpg (529x550, 54K)

NBEV just hit 4.65. What the fuck

If that is true, buy puts right after you buy stocks

Honestly CEFs are looked down upon here desu, the bread would probably recommend going with an ETF or buying blue chips

TLRY Calls :^)

Sell or Moon? Help I'm panicking this has never happened to me before

you are probably buying with robinhood

I just sold half of mine, waiting out the rest

Consensus is that NBEV is being bought by institutions and is going to 5 easy. I'd recommend taking profits around there. I'm stuck due to day trading "protection"

Take the money before they go gbr on you.

Sell it two days from today. The boomer 420 hype train is full steam.

He doesn't understand compound interest, don't bother trying with him. Let the kid LARP.

Just have 25k goy