Korea vs Japan

Does Korea have culture?

When I went to Korea I saw a lot of forced cultural elements such as "Ancient Royal Processions" at the airports. It all felt like LARP more than anything.

In Japan they seem to have actual traditions and don't seem to try hard to project their culture. Is it cultural confidence?

Japanese royal guards wear western uniforms, but actual samurai traditions are actually practiced in private locations across the nation.

Attached: IIAC_walk_of_the_royal_family_1.jpg (600x400, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Sk8POUhLwM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unfortunately, it's the original 1/10 level.

Attached: 화성능행도7.jpg (945x2149, 1.51M)

And that's not ancient times royal, but from the 15th to 19th centuries.

Attached: 화성능행도5.jpg (945x2149, 1.2M)

We don't have any culture. We were altaic people larping as chinese

What the fuck is the point of a "royal procession" if you don't even have a king. Unless you count the Kim Dynasty

Were gooks especially into using rulers? Looks pretty stiff compared to the usual stuff you see from nip/chink drawings..

Former US President Herbert Hoover wrote in his book “Freedom Betrayed”,

"I first visited Korea in 1909, to advise some Japanese industrialists on engineering matters. The Korean people at that time were in the most disheartening condition that I had witnessed in any part of Asia. There was little law and order. The masses were underfed, under-clothed, under-housed and under-equipped. There was no sanitation, and filth and squalor enveloped the whole countryside. The roads were hardly passable, and there were scant communication or educational facilities. Scarcely a tree broke the dismal landscape. Thieves and bandits seemed to be unrestrained.

During the thirty-five years of Japanese control, the life of the Korean people was revolutionized. Beginning with this most unpromising human material, the Japanese established order, built harbors, railways, roads and communications, good public buildings, and greatly improved housing.

They established sanitation and taught better methods of agriculture. They built immense fertilizer factories in North Korea which lifted the people’s food supplies to reasonable levels. They reforested the bleak hills. They established a general system of education and the development of skills. Even dusty, drab and filthy clothing had been replaced with clean bright colors."

Attached: US president Herbert Hoover - Freedom Betrayed.png (992x1310, 1.11M)

Joseon got worse over time
The same is true of the cultural side.
Drawing skills also deteriorated over time
This is a painting of Gyeongbokgung Palace from the 15th century
At this time, they decorated the palace with gold and used other decorations, but the late Joseon did not have this skill.

Attached: 경복궁.jpg (740x1009, 319K)

When in doubt ask Japanese. They produce manuals for everything.

I don't know about Korea but Japanese make manuals about Korea. If Japanese do that there must be a reason for it.

So the heyday of Joseon is the 15th century.
Except in the early days of Joseon, Joseon has not developed since then, but rather worsened.

it was the biggest hurt of Korean pride Because Especially Joseon was ruined by Japan which was ruled by Korea in ancient times

So Koreans do not like the Joseon Dynasty very much. Imagine Canada colonized UK

Attached: 경복궁2.jpg (715x1000, 242K)

Admittly that looks way more organic, but still pretty stiff in my opinion. But a bit of local style doesn't hurt really.
>Joseon got worse over time
Why actually? I know you had some weird queen that went almost as ballistic as the chink who sank the zhang fleet, but we're still talking like 500 years before some euros arrived, found some piles of dirt and gave you up to the nips..

>japan which was ruled by korea in ancient times
okay kim

Koreans are far more independent and self-reliant and less collectivist like westerners, and work spontaneously

Japanese and Chinese are for more collectivist and plan-oriented rather than action-oriented like Koreans. It's the Korea big dick energy

lol Japan was same or more barbaric than Korea

Attached: muh kimono.jpg (600x3028, 601K)

redpill me on goryeo

Koreans = Forest and Mountain people

Chinese = dumb plains or river people

Japanese = fucking little island people

Aversion to luxury has led to economic and cultural decline

"It's nice to live in a small shabby house"
"It's good to stay away from luxury objects"

Damn Joseon

Attached: 화성능행도3.jpg (945x2149, 1.29M)

Try preparing for Korean civil servant examination and you will be forced to mug all of them up

island is comfy

Joseon is an example of an elitist society aka Americas future

The average persons life gets more ghetto while the rich elites gets to be more comfy

Vietnam culture > go*k and j*ps "culture"

Attached: rwby___silent_streets_by_dishwasher1910_d9bcw9x-pre.jpg (1084x737, 114K)

Vietnamese culture is just a lite version of Chinese and Japanese culture. Prove me wrong.
Pro tip: you can't

Attached: 519956543806.jpg (1024x680, 463K)

How much do you hate yourself to subject your own culture to rain bugs?

>Japanese royal guards wear western uniforms, but actual samurai traditions are actually practiced in private locations across the nation.
I bet you think ninja schools are real.

They are real

youtu.be/Sk8POUhLwM8

Korea should restore it's monarchy if they feel so culturaly empty to LARP about this

Korea is like America in many respects

That's the problem, americanization of korea has left them with a sense of ethnic emptiness were they don't feel as a nation, hence this Joson larp

Based

Attached: Joseon Goryeo.jpg (918x3536, 873K)

Korea was like an asian somalia before 1910, except that they had no buildings, roads, running water or clothing.

more tangible than mutts larping as europeans or japanese larping as muhh east aryan nazis

that sounds kinda sad, america really ruined many nations

learn korea jeff teacher

So an upgrade on pottery and iron working, while dumping artisan aspects. Interesting considering it went completely opposite in the renaissance here.

Do Koreans most like the Goryeo Dynasty?

Varies from person to person

Usually, Goguryeo, Unified Silla, and Goryeo

People usually choose one of these three dynasties

and usually we hate Joseon most
It was the most recent dynasty and the reason is as explained above.