I'm thinking of going to a university job fair tomorrow as a 3rd year engineering major

I'm thinking of going to a university job fair tomorrow as a 3rd year engineering major

Does attire matter? I was thinking a plain dress shirt , slacks and maybe boots. It may not sound important but does it matter where I get them from? Obviously I don't wanna shop at the dollar store but I'm also on a limited budget.

Any other recommendations? My GPA is 2.9.. but I have experience at tech positions, how can I play that up to impress the recruiters?

Attached: Martin_Hart_portal.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Pee pee poo poo

Attached: 2D9AEA8F-4AD9-4154-BE71-5D92BD4855FC.png (689x795, 96K)

dress like this

Attached: ehwh.jpg (1200x900, 129K)

I would definitely go for a tailored suit and silk tie look... Hugo Boss as an entry level but don’t be shy about looking at higher end brands as well. 3 piece suits are making a come back. Definitely go for the Faragamo shoes though... Bruno Magli screams 1993 for me. As for Resumes, please try to beef it up... you don’t need to splurge on the videographer if he’s talented. There’s some really good freelancers out there relatively cheaply... $3-4K for the Resume... if you must go with a paper resume (I don’t recommend) go with the highest DPI and semigloss on the paper. Full gloss is pretentious. Make sure to pump your previous salaries up by 20% if you do report them on the resume...most importantly, don’t be intimidated. You’re better than everyone else who’s seeking the same job.

Attached: 5E225AC2-4F51-43D5-9670-E6D9ACB72BDC.jpg (429x600, 71K)

Yea no, don’t do this. It’s a university engineering job fair.

dress like a billionaire

Attached: Mark+Zuckerberg+creator+Facebook+goes+shopping+XArYn-F3yOol.jpg (396x594, 70K)

>university engineering job fair
And... what’s your point? Go big or go home.

what's your budget OP?

Attached: 1533955562892.jpg (476x476, 44K)

No, that's stupid. You will look like a clown

Maybe ~$400, possibly more but I don't see why it'd be necessary

just don’t talk about your GPA or courses you’ve taken. talk about your experience. What you did, what you accomplished, whatever whatever. and suit up, look like you know what tf you’re doing.

Makes you stand out in front of all the autists. As long as he has some technical skill, hes more likely to get an interview than unkempt autists that nobody wants to smell everyday.

go and get a nice black or blue suit with a simple shirt and tie, get the suit tailored so it fits you well, get a hair cut, and exercise and eat well (if you don't already) for at least a week in advance of the meeting

Attached: 1532968291290.jpg (650x1000, 79K)

m8 just get some slacks a nice shirt and tie, a belt and dress shoes that match the belt, 200-300 tops. most recruiters dont really care what you wear as long as you make the effort to clean yourself up and look nice. nobody is expecting you to show up in a well tailored $1000 suit and if you do they will probably think you are some millenial with daddys money. just get what you can afford

Dress shirt slacks nice shoes is enough. Look sophisticated but not trying too hard. A suit is ok, but no tie, that makes it campy specially in the engineering field.

The best thing you can do is research companies that will be at the fair and tell them why you are interested in working for them specifically.

There will be those with better GPA and even better experience but if you know the most out of your targeted companies, you'll stand out.

Suit and tie was the norm at my engineering career fair at a state university a few years ago. I saw a few people get by with business casual, but they definitely stood out. Also how could this be your first job fair as a 3rd year? Did you get internships online?

> 3 piece suits are making a come back
>t. freshman/sophomore

Yeah OP just rock a 2 piece suit, nice button up and a tie. Although is spot on with the shoes though, believe it or not I've seen several people decked out in a suit, but they're wearing fucking athletic shoes or converse. It looks pretty lame, so definitely wear some dress shoes.

Coincidentally I'm going to a job fair tomorrow as well, good luck OP.

Lmfao this OP nigga goes to Ohio University.

Attached: 1537332487984.gif (425x425, 2M)

>s-security
>g-g-get over here right now, p-please

OP everyone here is retarded.

You have a $400 Budget? Jesus. You don't need that much.

All you need are business casual shoes, a slim/tailored button down shirt, and some chinos.

Don't wear a damn suit. You'll look like a weird try hard. I work in management this is fine.

You can even roll up your sleeves halfway. It'll make it look like business casual is something you naturally wear everyday.

Ross/Michaels/Tj Max/Nordstrom Rack sell perfectly acceptable items. Just make sure you get well fitting items.

And just don't mention your regular GPA ever.

Can you talk about your major GPA? Is that good.

If you don't wear a dark-colored suit, you will be the only one not wearing a suit and the recruiters will notice (in a bad way). With your 2.9 gpa, don't even try talking to the big players like Lockheed Martin and Chevron. The first question they ask is what's your GPA. Find the companies that have short lines and therefore, less competition. With them, you'll at least have a chance.