How happy is your country?

Map is from the U.N.'s "World Happiness Report". Of course "happiness" is a very difficult word to define and many different people are going to have different definitions of what constitutes "happy", but this report gives its own measure which can be at least somewhat useful. The happiest country in the world, according to this, is Finland, so if you're Finnish, tell me how happy you are. The next 3 countries are all Nordic (Norway, Denmark, and Iceland), respectively, so the Nordic realm must be a very happy place (Sweden is in 9th place if you were wondering). The least happy place in this report is Burundi, so if you're Burundian, tell me how miserable you are.

Do you agree with these rankings, particularly your country's ranking?

Links:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report
s3.amazonaws.com/happiness-report/2018/WHR_web.pdf (Official 2018 report)

Attached: World Happiness Report 2018.png (6300x3443, 1.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u8E9v5YN1c4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For brazil happyness is bunda

sadtugal

kill me

the suicide rates speak for himself about these meme maps

herself*

Why is the old world so sad? Is it because they live in the past?

Can you believe me when I say, there's nothing I like better,
Than just to sit here and talk with you.
Although I'll rant and I'll rave about one thing and another
The beauty of it is so pure to me, though,
I'm a poor boy,
I can still be happy,
As long as I can feel free.

Attached: 1466999271638.png (450x440, 282K)

Literally mediocre

why usa has 3rd world parents?

Attached: l_38890_9b5fcd65c49c078c9d061b3c71d0316b.png (940x469, 137K)

The top 6 countries on the list are all from the old world. Dark = Happy, Light = Miserable

I'm talking in overall

Following after their Anglo forefathers.

>us that green
>having the highest ever suicide rate in the history of the west

Why are indians so sad?

This is measuring materialistic comforts , happenes does not come from matter , tell the in to put this report in their ass and to do something useful for once

What?

youtu.be/u8E9v5YN1c4

You've been exposed yourself. Reveal your real flag at once!

Western Europe seems alright overall, with the exception of Portugal. Eastern Europe, especially the Balkans and Ukraine, seem more unhappy though. I can only guess why Portugal is so miserable, but Eastern Europe is probably less happy than Western Europe because they're not as rich and whatnot. It's odd though that Latin Americans, except for Venezuelans, seem happier than Eastern Europeans.

You realize I'm not just talking about Europe?

The score for each country is based on an amalgam of these metrics: GDP per capita, social support, healthy life expectancy, freedom to make life choices, generosity, and perceptions of corruption. Only one of these (GDP per capita) is an explicitly 'materialistic' measure.

Oh my bad, when I think 'Old World' I usually think of Europe specifically and not Afro-Eurasia as a whole. Non-Europe is probably largely unhappy because of things like poverty (can't afford healthcare, sanitation, education, mental health services, etc.) and warfare (at least in certain places). What's more of a mystery to me is why Latin America is so happy compared to the rest of the less-developed world. Maybe their governments are more liberal or something.

Yesterday, the sky was blue.
But today, the sky is grey.
It's simple, it's the world I live in.
I'm still waiting in the heavy rain.
Maybe I will see beautiful rainbow tomorrow.

Attached: SN3S00390001.jpg (2048x1536, 295K)

they stop caring after their kids turn 18

>Japan
>Korea
>Happy

Yeah, that map is wrong.

Al of these are materialistic , you can't measure generosity , a poor man who gives you a grape might be more generous than an oil sheikh who gives you a gold watch , stop being naive

>you can't measure generosity , a poor man who gives you a grape might be more generous than an oil sheikh who gives you a gold watch
That's true, but I don't know how exactly they measure generosity here. It could be how much money people give away to others in total, how much they give away relative to their income, or something else. I could look it up but I don't have time right now.