Is there any hope for BAT bois?

Attached: bat.png (300x300, 28K)

No
>expecting normies to use a very specific weird browser and use a weird token

>weird
You REQ fudders need to go back. The browser is almost identical to chrome/firefox and the earning feature is literally an on/off switch.

W
E
I
R
D

No, absolute dogshit investment. It's a neat concept, and users will benefit, but as an investment it's shit. Token price wont be high. Even Eich said thus

eich said so to avoid being a security, $25 eoy

So our roadmap divides and conquers (the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo phases), and we will expand beyond one browser when the system is ready, some time next year in my best guess. In particular (as noted in my other comments here), we need a high-integrity and fraud-resistant open source SDK - Brendan Eich

>BAT model will potentially be on other browsers next year

Its basically irresponsible to not buy BAT right now.

100%

My biggest worry with BAT is someone beating them to market. New players are popping up every day, and just the other week some fag company wanted to do what BAT's doing with XRP. They're nowhere close to where BAT is but it'd be foolish for them to take them lightly.

That said easy ~10x when it inevitably hits $1 again.

Checked

Brave software is nearly 3 years old. BAT is over a year old. They are way ahead of the competition. Talent acquisition for these companies popping up will be futile, and they wont match or come close to the caliber of the brave team.

Weird

Attached: IMG_0463.png (1093x797, 84K)

>it'd be foolish for them to take them lightly.

I don't think i'll be comfortable until they crush all competition, like they did with PRL.

I'm using brave browser and there's ads on Jow Forums, the browser has one fucking purpose and fails.

The competition will crush itself. Most of the blockchain advertising projects are just a rehash of current ad tech with the same shit problems but with blockchain thrown in. Only literal brainlets are funding these projects. The only thing im worried about is braves ad model sucking and people not opting in. User growth and everything else is looking really good compared to 100% of crypto projects.

BAT BOYS, BAT BOYS whatcha gonna do?

Whatcha gonna do when (((THEY))) come for you?

BAT BOYS, BAT BOYS whatcha gonna do?

THEY WILL GONNA DUMP ((THEIR)))BAGS ON YOU

Attached: 32453211.jpg (225x224, 5K)

The XRP based knockoff has huge disadvantages.
>No User Growth Pool
They dont have a faucet of XRP to get people to start using their distributive ledger. Brave does.
>No mother platform
There is no Brave browser equivalent to make Normies give a shit to use this extension, it needs to fend for itself in an oversaturated extension market with little or no incentive to use it.
>Most anyone with XRP isnt giving it away
When people start earning BAT for their time spent watching ads, there will be some who give it away to creators they like. There will be much less people purchasing XRP with the intention to give it away, much easier way to give to content creators.

Muh same conclusion unless someone can red pill me on the token usefulness

Yes my son.

Attached: batlord.jpg (300x213, 42K)

because that's a script.
right click on the banner, Brave, block element (i'm on the dev version though). you can also block all scripts but then it fucks up the image preview.

>you had the tools but were too dumb to use them

Attached: 1535627899056.jpg (587x583, 43K)

I don’t Give a fuck anymore

how many batties to truly make it btw

Okay so there doesn't seem to be a lot of street shitters in this thread, but I have some nees about BAT

Its literally almost the exact same thing as ethereum or neo gas you fucking brainlet. The only difference is theres a fixed supply. Advertisements and donation require BAT. What is there you don't understand?

I'm actually not to worried about the model. A couple years back (2013 or so) there was a platform named "Hitbliss" that basically paid users in Amazon rental credit to watch roughly 15 minutes of ads. It was pretty popular if memory serves but it failed to land more advertisers/partners and ultimately folded. I don't see BRAVE having this issue

>Most anyone with XRP isnt giving it away.

Agreed, It's a problem almost all cryptocurrencies face. People do not want to spend their crypto. Which is why i think the roadblocks to cashing out earned BAT is genius by the team. Users are incentivized to actually spend their crypto within the ecosystem, growing it, and leading to increased overall value for the BAT.

I have about 35k BAT
$20 BAT feels like I made it

Ha, holy shit that's cool. I'm also on the dev version and had no idea that was an option.

Thanks user.

>tfw 14k

20$ would change my life nevertheless
no more wageslavery

Hitler digits approve of BAT, we're gonna be rolling in Reichsmarks boys.

by the way, hiroshimo nagasako (or is it the new slav overlord now?) should really look into bat for 4chins. wasn't he struggling with ad revenue? i would gladly spend my ad batties for this shithole

Look at the companies BAT/Brave have teamed up with.

Dow Jones Group for starters.

No other crypto ad project has that possibility, let alone networking potential.

My biggest worry is that the token is completely unnecessary cash grab. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea... a lot. However, there's no reason it can't run on a Ethereum side chain and transact directly in ether. I guess this is one way to encourage people who earn tokens by watching ads to keep them in the ecosystem, instead of cashing out.

i think the real deal will be using bat for paywalls more than for mere cash. shit like subscriptions, premium content and whatever. their sales department / pr / eich needs to show some constant cojones and nail partnerships everywhere. bat could truly become the equivalent of mobile games gems.

It's really very simple.
>Early adopters of Brave get access to the Slush Fund™ to tip their favorite content creators
>content creators eventually get notification saying "Hey, you have a couple hundred bucks of free money sitting around, became a Brave Partner to claim it"
>Youtubers and sites fucked over by google ads then get red pilled and start shilling Brave/Bat
>imagine PewDiePie (who is already a Brave partner) telling everyone of his subscribers to go download Brave.
>In the long run Brave adoption really doesn't matter because BAT browser extensions will be made for other browsers.
>As soon as Brave 1.0 releases, there will be constant buying pressure from advertisers who buy Tokens to pay out to users. Users give to creators, and creators become independent of centralized ads.
>It's a positive feedback loop that won't stop once it gains traction
>the total Google ad revenue for 2017 was 95 Billion dollars, if BAT can capture just 10% of that market that's $9.50 a token. If it manages to replace google ads that's $95 a token.

Also this is being created by the guy who created Firefox, Mozilla, and fucking Javascript. LINK is a fucking meme, if you want to make it buy BAT

Attached: th (1).jpg (474x474, 18K)

Again, I agree with the idea, but the things you listed don't require a token. Paywalled articles, netflix, youtube, spotify etc. could all run on ethereum directly through a web-based wallet, like MetaMask. Having a token like BAT defeats the whole purpose of p2p economy, since they act as a middle man, even though it's unnecessary.

106k here so i guess i'm pot committed

"Your checkout at target doesnt require a giftcard, you can easily use cash instead"

Was there ever a need for gift cards? No. Could a different method be used? Yeah. Does it fucking matter? No

It doesnt matter now. BAT tokens exist. When advertisers start buying ads, and people start exchanging the tokens its a done deal. Same thing as giftcards. People buy the giftcards, they become a unit of account, and thats the end of the story.

What happens if BAT goes to .05? Buy more?

It wont.

Thats weird

>Ethereum side chain
how does BAT work as opposed to it being a sidechain? Is it its own blockchain?

let me get some real price predictions Batmen, personally I'm seeing a top around $10 if everything plays out right. I know most people think its only a 10x, but its more like 100x

what is your reasoning?

read the rest of the fucking thread
thats why

You have a browser thats growing at 500k users per month. For comparison I believe Warcraft grew at 500k users per month in the beginning, and peaked at around 12 million subscriptions with a lifetime gross revenue of roughly 10B. Brave has 4 million monthly active users. Thats not even the best part. The browser is still basically at it shittiest, its core function is not available, and it has largely grown without the aid of any advertisement. Let me reiterate. This is barely a functioning product, and its growing at the same rate as early world of warcraft. Brave has not been in the news cycle, their advertisement is minimal, their product is close to full functionality, and its already successful.

Thats not even the best part. Brave is the test bed for BAT. BAT wont be only limited to the brave browser, and BAT wont be limited to only browser applications. This means BAT can be integrated into safari which would actually be a very good strategic move for apple if the ad system works. Also BAT has been proposed for podcast players, smart tvs etc.

BAT is also normie friendly. You autists think a browser is too complicated for normies to download while at the same time think they are going to fuck around with private and public keys or use your creepy version of venmo etc, just fucking lol.

Im not going to go into the team which consists of the father of the internet or looming regulations, ad fraud, free riding, privacy, partisan issues, or the 20k content creators that are ready to shill this browser once its ready.

I could do plenty more convincing, but if what i said can't get through to you, im sure its not going to matter what i say. NPC's gonna NPC

you mean the same stock arguments that have been going around on biz for the last few months and cause constant argument?

Amen.

I liked your reasoning but I resent your presumption that I am an autist and and NPC. Isn't conducive to discussion.

i'll just move on. my life was going to suck anyways.

the best you can hope for is a 6x
it can't go higher than that for obvious reasons

no, pic related

Attached: bags.jpg (234x157, 15K)

Its a pasta m8. I have to post it at least once a day. Always busy red pilling people in BAT threads

It's a decent gamble. 15k right now gets you 100,000 BAT. If all it does is return to its previous ATH (bull market or coinbase listing or ad platform launching) you're at $100,000 off a 15k investment.

If it hits Eichs price prediction (price of a cup of coffee at the airport, roughly $5) you're at $500,000 off 15k. That's life changing money. I'd take that gamble too.

I bought 400k BAT. BAT has never really pumped because people have never been red pilled. I think its just a matter of time. Third party browser integrations are a possibility next year.

50k BATlet checking in.

How much are you down?

I think like 12k right now. Its been back and forth between red and green the past few months.