300k a year is the new "I make six figures"

>tfw you realize that 300k income is the new 100k, 3 million net worth is the new 1 million

The six figure salary meme has been around a few decades probably since at least 1980. Back then to make at least 100k a year you had to have been a doctor or high powered lawyer. Most college grads were making low to mid 20k's back then, a senior engineer or accountant might make 60k. A house cost 100k or so.

Six figures in the 80's was an aspirational amount, but today it's the bare minimum to be considered middle class. A 100-200k income isn't out of the ordinary at all, you wouldn't even be part of the six figure club if you were born 20 years earlier.

Such a black pill

Attached: oq4roqviwuenqwet.jpg (239x211, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/cps/tables/time-series/historical-income-households/h01ar.xls
dqydj.com/income-percentile-by-age-calculator/
dqydj.com/household-income-percentile-calculator-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Delete.

Attached: 3F75C90E-E050-4BC4-88B0-9C0D1F4633D7.jpg (353x352, 22K)

>but today it's the bare minimum to be considered middle class
Where the fuck do you live user

Uh wrong, OP.

It's 750k, bare minimum

You poorfags with your poorfag 300k a year lifestyles disgust me

130k is the poverty line in SF. I live on the east coast. Where I live the most you can afford to buy on a 100k salary is a small condo.

here i was, fresh out of college, ecstatic that i had made barely $50k through crypto over the last year
this is ultimate black pill material

maybe it's not enough if you have to settle on being in the top 2% instead of 1%

This is correct

Anyone who disagrees is a poor loser or a troll.

How about moving into a place without overpriced bs

How much did you inherit? also you will not make it if you didnt.

Yep.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, $100k is not a lot of money anymore.

I live with my GF and we both drive used Honda's. Together our household income is $100k and it feels like we are fucking broke. If we're lucky we'll take one vacation this year.

> student loans
> health insurance
> car insurance

Just move to the midwest, user. Your money goes a lot farther there.

This shit is crazy. Like most places when you're talking about salary, cost of living, rent/mortgage etc, it's somewhat equal. But when you're talking about, SF or places on the east coast like idk, jersey? Boston? shit gets blown out of proportions. Wheres that shitty
>brokenwoodhouse2bd1br1ksqftfor600k.jpg

I'd rather not have to leave my engineering job to work at Walmart

you are paying rent, that is why

you should be SAVING your rent money by paying off a house

lmao you realize there is a shortage of workers here. It would be 10x easier to find an engineering job here than in new york.

This way of thinking is why most of you will never make it. You are way too emotional about X sum of money. You wrap all your fear, greed, shame, pride, and aspirations around money, and in the end you will lose because you are incapable of making the right moves

Attached: 615113738.jpg (1532x1581, 134K)

(fear)based&red-pilled

Because of pic related

Attached: qo74cryqothiuqrhtviuwhr.png (487x446, 296K)

>move somewhere cheaper
I make 180k in Boston as a software dev, pay 2.5k a month for a 900sq ft apartment walking distance from my work.

If I moved out to the suburbs I'd have to take a 50k paycut, or have a 30+ min commute. Fuck that.

Attached: XisPXGid_400x400.jpg (400x400, 18K)

stop complaining you spoiled faggots. In europe you would make 60k max.

Of course here you can actually live like a neet on 15k/year. Must suck to feel poor making 100k kek

Over 3 billion live on $2.5 a day. Stop falling for (((their))) plan, you don't need alot of money to be happy.

Attached: id2030.png (796x434, 138K)

try doing that in murricuh

I’ve been saying this awhile

>not living in the south

Until you go to the hospital

Lmao this I make 6 figures in the Midwest and live like a king. My rent is 650 a month and I live in the swanky part of town right next to a fucking golf course. Unfortunately niggers are starting to creep in as it’s about a 15 min drive downtown from here but still I’m doing far better than almost everyone I know my age.

300k a year puts you in the top 2% of wage earners. Bullshit.

To be in the top 5% in 1980 you only needed to make 50k. Now you need to make 237k. 100k would have made you a baller in the early 80’s. Now it’s nothing

www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/cps/tables/time-series/historical-income-households/h01ar.xls

It's not ">black pill" to understand simple economics.
The inflation rate is following the same for average income. The average doesn't change. Wealth is still exactly the same. The only way to change the wealth is to kill off everybody under the average and that increase the average.

It's simple math.

thats why were here investing in internet memecoins

For the average Jow Forums user, none of this is important at all.
Demographic data of incomes relates those incomes to entire households; that means it includes on average a wife and kids.
Women and children are what the consumer economy depends upon, they are its life force (and the key to a miserable suburban middle class existence regardless of income). With those things eliminated a man can easily be well off with even the median US household income.

So for the typical Jow Forums robot, there's no reason to be in the top percentile of income for an entire household beyond dick waving.

Attached: 1362062502246.jpg (516x350, 68K)

I'm at 180k and it's in that weird spot where I'm not really worried about money at all but I'm still stuck being a wagie for the next 10 years

I make just a little over $300k. I'm "comfortable" but not wealthy by any means. Then again, US "first tier" cities are insanely overpriced. OP is sadly essentially correct.

> If we're lucky we'll take one vacation this year.

Fucking pampered pussies. No wonder why you're broke. Bet you "NEED" air conditioning too. Lmaooo

Attached: 1535641327347.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

This right here. I'm at 170k. I'm right here with you. It fucking hurts. How do you stay motivated enough to do your job?
Like I know that I have to do it but at the same time the pay feels too little now and it's demotivating. It hurta knowing I had 300k at the beginning of this year thanks to Bitcoin but I'm not sure if that applies to you too.

nice larp bro

Attached: 325E58D7-91F8-4A2D-A206-0E1A1E08035E.jpg (211x239, 17K)

Oh you meant income, not savings. I'm sorry. I'm embarrassed now.

Can confirm 205k yr, don't live in a major city. Barely upper middle class.

Attached: 1520184889852.jpg (1384x640, 45K)

Fucking this. I make a little less but feel like I work my ass off 40 hours a week for it. I legit might kms if my investments don't pay off within the next 5 years.

and also
>hi /b/ I'm a girl
>tits or gtfo

>hi Jow Forums I make $xxx,xxx
>no "W-2 or gtfo"
what the fuck guys

I have 4 kids tho.

Damn that's wild it's almost like we're losing the "purchasing power" of our dollars. That would be crazy like our money was being further "devalued" through a sort of "inflation" of the total supply. Extrapolate this over time and suddenly user's only hope to ever escape this fucking clown world would be through a legendary bullrun caused by new technology but he only ended up making 200k at the peak and he held all the way down to avoid realizing taxes which would further confiscate his wealth and so now he's literally all in on a meme shitcoin he discovered while browsing a Bavarian Nazi sympathizer forum so he can finally escape from his soul crushing wage cage and regain some semblance of control over his destiny.

Attached: 1537397006070.jpg (557x513, 95K)

Fucking kill me.

please don't call me out so hard

>2.5k/month
>900 sqft

Kek, there is literally a gaping hole in your bank account with money rushing out continuously and you are ok with that

Not LARPing. It's unironically middle class where I live.

NP user I liked reading your post

if you can't live like a king on 100k/year you're unironically retarded. literally NPC-tier level of finance management

LMAO, in my country the average salary is 22K/year before taxes. And people earning that live good. I am seriosly considering going to USA, earn 100k a couple of years while sleeping in my car and showering in a gym and then go back to my country rich as fuck and buy a great house.

Fuck you nigger

you realise any over 100k job requires you to work 55 to 70+ hours a week

Good thing compound interest is a thing. As well as stocks going up and beating out inflation.

>tfw have been saving since early 20s, unlike most people who probably won't start caring until they hit 30+

Projected retirement is 4 mil

I work 45 hours a week and get €52/hr.

However, that means nothing as I have blown it all on crypto LOL

40k$ european poorfag here,
I'm 25 and I have a fancy life
No loan, Saving every month, big flat in the Capital
Luxury watch, I eat everyday at the restaurant / uber eats
I own 7.83 BTC and won't sell them until we reach 80k$/btc

I cannot even imagine how fancy you life can be when you make 100k/year or 300k/year (is this real?) thats some soccer players salaries seriously..

But I believe you, I met a 37y/o boomer from new jersey in Colombia and while I was bargaining with putas to fuck them for 35$, he was okay to pay them 200$ just because he didnt care..

$ is shit seriously, its just paper

Doing WHAT?? how can I get your job

I believe it. 60 grand seems to be the new 30.

and im sitting here cashing 20k a year and be considered upper middle in my shithole of a country. whut

unironically if you can't make it with minimum wage you won't make it with 300k

if you're not a brainlet making six figures even 100k is more than enough to act rich if you dont mess with that "family" bullshit
especially having kids

Attached: asdfsafd.png (114x125, 19K)

maybe you should live someplace where humans live instead of SF retard

I wouldn’t even mind that, if a large amount of people did this it would push our housing and rental prices down

>tfw you realize that 2500 EOY is the new 1k EOY

Attached: sergeydoingalittlelightreading.jpg (600x801, 122K)

>A 100-200k income isn't out of the ordinary at all

Attached: 566093bdc2814424008b7349-750-606.png (750x606, 239K)

Nice bait. You seriously need to change your perspective if you think SF prices are the norm though. I read that the median house price went up 200k just this year

>(is this real?)

Yeah, not very common, but if you have your shit together (i.e. you're not an art major or some shit) you finish college with $30k in debt but a $60k starting salary. Salary will go up over the years or if you move to a larger city.

You can run some numbers here. dqydj.com/income-percentile-by-age-calculator/
and here
dqydj.com/household-income-percentile-calculator-2016/

Business Analyst at an enormous bank. I write requirements documents.

I interview well because I practice (out loud) but I'm also not an autist so can present myself reasonably well.

Guess it's time to become a congressional aide or some shit

That shit takes niggers into account. We're talking about humans here.

cope

You're not doing better than me

How is that cope? If I remember correctly, niggers in Boston have an average net worth of EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS. Niggers don't want to work and can't work, of course they bring the median income down. Especially when you see that the number of niggers among millennials is much higher than in the general population in which it's 12%, since most white people are old now.

Not to mention, the beaners who are only here to clean our toilets and dig our ditches.