Can someone describe why AMD share price has done so well lately in one sentence?

Can someone describe why AMD share price has done so well lately in one sentence?

I'm a 30 yr old boomer who never saw the need to upgrade past my decade old Intel i7 and everyone knows Nvidia video cards molest AMD cards in benchmarks so what gives?

Attached: amd.png (420x420, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYuk0tcuN2Y
tomshardware.com/news/intel-14nm-shortage-h310c,37819.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

miners

Intel new gen CPUs massively delayed. new gen amd server CPUs about to spank Intel

Ryzen processors are really good.

afaik amd cards are used in macs,

imo when you think about real important pc components its either AMD, nvidia or intel. considering intel is primarily CPUs, its 2 companies left for GPUs.

if there were 5-10 companies like nvidia or amd, amd stock price would most likely be at the bottom 3, but theres only 2, and both are nvidia and amd are terrible companies imo.

they just managed to create a duopoly in pc gear compartment.

AMD cores scale like BCH
Intel cores do nott scale like BTC

there it is

Attached: 3089046.jpg (306x306, 68K)

Ryzen, Intel 10nm not until 2021, AMD 10nm by end of year, nVidiot RTX benchmarks are shit compared to the price increase.

It's a bubble. Motherfucking P/E for that stock is about 100 right now.

it's price/performance that matters
Also, dat sweet 2000h/s on cryptonight v7

Attached: IMG_2773.jpg (640x480, 124K)

Intel used the open intelligence pipe Isreal gets to conduct industrial espionage of American semiconductor companies, but their bag of tricks has run out.

Microsoft, Sony and Apple partnerships.

buy intel and qualcomm on the dip.
Amd is up now but until when?
If this was a year ago it was obvious to buy amd

apart from that AMD is still a cool stock to have. imo

I'm going to guess that Intel will quietly release a new processor that's just going to obliterate whatever AMD happens to pump at the time.

Attached: our-sales-fell-by-2-5-last-year-we-have-to-14049608.png (500x651, 108K)

dont underestimate MORE CORES,
It's hypercube

youtube.com/watch?v=eYuk0tcuN2Y

They cannot do it for similar prices.

Nvidia did not deliver with the latest gen.

This.
Intel even recently publicly shilled amd chips.
AMD is Intel's pet. They are strongly interested in keeping it alive.
It is cheaper than being raped by all the regulations if they were a monopoly.

Yeah you're definitely a little out of the loop there buddy. Yikes

Memes now direct financial markets. The memes of Jow Forums finally boosted the price.

Apple is going to make their own chips soon, I even tried to tell Jow Forums that Apple stock was gonna kill it a year ago. They are future proofed af despite the "steve jobs died so they will" meme.

i still run a Turion x2. I just kept popping new vid cards & more ram in my rig the past 6 years. But with the bandwidth of the PCI-E on the MB and memory speed bottleneck, I'll finally have to ditch it soon. The R9 280x i got 2 years ago will be the last card that goes in it.
Still hard to believe this rig lasted so long.
That being said, that vid card was like $250 new. The Nvidia option would've run $450 for equivalent specs, so why shit on Radeon? It has a place in the market. In retrospect, this was by far the most cost effective rig I've ever had.

Because the array of cores isn't as efficient and all game designers test their games for driver compatibility with Nvidia as a condition of release.
Not to mention Intel has been "the processor company" for like 10 years.
This is a good turn of events, the underdog getting som market cap, but a flash in the pan compared to what people are expecting.

Jesus, you probably should do a cursory web search before posting

P/E on Amazon is 152, and has been like that for what, a decade?

Enormous growth possibilities have opened up for AMD very recently. Price targets all over the place are now being upgraded to the $28-$40 range. This move up is real, or at the very least has a basis in reality. It's not TLRY.

t. holding since $25.

gaming
mining
ai
vr

Its not that good. I dumped my shares two days ago. This shit is going to crash because everyone is talking about it.

heh ilu

I have had a i5 2500k since 2011. Recently got a 1080 for a good price and it runs all games perfectly. I want to get 16gb of RAM soon. $600 sunk into it over 7 years isn't bad.

>graphics cards are AMDs only product
look up Ryzen

>1500% growth in a few years
>pft I'll stick with crypto
Seriously though, it's grown threefold since the asshats last year dumped on outperforming projections by 30%. AMD has continued to perform and has finally been allowed to correct.

For OP, institutions stopped treating AMD like a penny stock and allowed it to correct for fundamentals.

>muh brands

dude you're seriously out of the loop, Ryzen is killing it

Holy shit, Intel is going back to 22nm

tomshardware.com/news/intel-14nm-shortage-h310c,37819.html

are they for real

>was going to buy at $10
>invested in crypto instead
FUCKING KILL ME

amd to the moon

tfw the chip in the new iPhone is on 7nm

AMD price went this big because traders want it to succeed, to have a nice amount of trading volume.
The stock itself is overbought and can stay like this for a long time yet.
There is no more science to it, don't try to correlate the price movement with AMDs doing or whats their quarter report.
At one day it dips 10% down and one other we're back 30% up and further up.

What will happen is simply that the stock will keep growing until it can't rivalize with its competitors Nvidia and Intel (and it cannot the brand is always a discount of these two manufacturer) and go down.

Unless they magically happen to change their market direction and say they will produce a product that is meant to be high end and rivalize with the two of them, then it will go down before it reaches $100.

AMD is simply the day trader haven.

>Bought it when it was $4, instead of one BTC for $800
>Or ETH for $22 a piece

You do not know true pain