The NPC meme is terrifying

When you think about it, you realise that you really are just a computer trying to cope.
That's it. That's all there is.
You are a dumb computer computing reason to make sens of the outer world and everything that is happening.
The truth is that everything is meaningless in the grand scheme of things and if your computer is strong enough to understand that, it will start coping and bringing you back to the npc state.

Attached: npc.jpg (220x230, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientism
ted.com/talks/donald_hoffman_do_we_see_reality_as_it_is/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

at first its as frightening as the 30yr old boomer meme. on the surface, its used to make fun of other people but really it forces you rethink what your doing with your life.
i do find memes suspicious tho, if they could be artificially created they could have massive influence.

it might be just like tv advertising, only were not aware of it yet. we think we escaped the television but here we are being mass hypnotized.

Attached: ucould.png (648x320, 188K)

You are going to die. Imagine if you make it to old age or you just got in a bad accident or get an illness and you slowly die and your vision fades to black and feeling the agony of your body shutting down.Can you even imagine what crazy shit you are gonna see and feel? Imagine if existence doesn't even end there.

>realise that you really are just a computer trying to cope
user, this is why you shouldn't be too hard on yourself or others. it's liberating to know this, IMO. the cool thing is we can program ourselves. just find the right algorithms that fit with your trauma and you'll be alright.

oh and long chainlink

i do find memes suspicious tho, if they could be artificially created they could have massive influence.

>points at donald trumps campaign
>points at musks twitter tirade

both meme agendas, i'm sure there's more but those two stick out the most.

It's a NWO psyop mocking us.

There's literally no way our intelligence agencies would ever consider using memetics to mass condition others

especially using dull obnoxious ones like mr peppers and mr white man

Attached: but honestly most of you are dumb as rocks and should be programmed you disgusting sack of shit.jpg (1200x800, 324K)

Woke. Do you use psychedelics btw?

Rased and bedpilled

Artificial memes are consumed and bent to the will of our autism. So long as we are doing it for lulz the truth will shine through. Nothing is beyond our reach.

Attached: 1486066244229.gif (225x528, 20K)

Attached: 907.gif (499x499, 1.03M)

Everyone is a meat robot. It turns out that sufficiently tight computing cycles generate 'consciousness' and a sense of agency as epiphenomenal byproducts. That's the cruelest trick ever played by reality. Consciousness is just a glitch, an accident. People sleepwalking or on ambien can drive themselves to the store, buy a carton of ice cream, drive home and eat it without even being conscious of any of it. It's totally unnecessary for living life.

Being John Malkovich was the most terrifying film ever made because it's completely accurate. Being conscious is exactly like being trapped inside JM's head. You're powerless, you've just invented ex post facto rationalizations as to why your meat shell has done/is doing all the things it's done/is doing/will do.

nihilism is a bitch, try some psychedelics to get an opposing realization of existence instead of being stuck in your current state of mind that sounds horribly emotionally restricted

>am I actually an NPC?

Attached: incelPC.png (995x775, 479K)

psychedelics are what got me here, brohomie.

Attached: 1521516876389.gif (500x500, 2.1M)

Shame you got a bad trip, bruh.

Attached: 1523939503660.png (576x699, 194K)

What scares me is levels of context. The ant lives in its own tiny context unaware of the larger world around it, it has basic inputs and responds appropriately. The mouse is a level above it but still fundamentally misunderstands the rest of the world around it, although it understands the ant in its smaller domain. The cat is above the mouse, but it doesn't get the world of humans or the context beyond its immediate environment. We understand the cat, mouse, and ant but are stuck on this rock and god knows what exists a layer of context above us because we are surely constrained the same way everything beneath us is.

WHY DID WE THINK THIS FAR AHEAD IN OUR NIGHTMARISH JEWISH TIMELINE HOLYSHIT

Attached: 1525969249765.png (356x356, 92K)

They were good trips. All my trips have been great. It's just reality that blows is all. Earth is a prison planet where conscious beings come into existence, are tortured, then killed. That's the whole majestic cycle of nature summed up for you right there. The most horrifying part is that there's no torturer. No malevolent being holding the hot iron. Pain and suffering evolved from natural principles and physical laws which themselves are essentially random and undesigned constants. It's incredibly fucked up to think about. And no a little happiness here and there does not offset industrial-scale suffering.

ants, mice, cats and humans aren't 'above' or 'below' each other or anything else. To think so is to misunderstand nature and evolution.

are you saying that our universe is like a mouse hole in a larger home? so if we can exit your universe through a hole we could uncover literal giants in a grossly imaginative world?

A little spoiler to any good fellow travelers here.

This whole framework of existence is kind of an illusion, hiding its functions and intent between plausible deniability and such. They have the capability to produce endless high level mind games with you, it's a bit useless to try and debate it.

So, try your best to survive and enjoy all the happiness given to you. Thank christ for the miracles given to me, a shame I have to face this awful abuse and these seemingly endless false narratives that offer no real insight. (none of this is really reflected in this thread, just a pro-tip)

Suck on my divine dick, faggots.

Attached: original.gif (500x500, 975K)

You sound like a credulous retard. None of you 'insights' can be falsified, verified, peer-reviewed, or anything. They're just hunches that make you feel nice.

Which is all fine, but don't pretend to be a truth-seeker or truth-teller when you're not.

No you're just not understanding what I'm saying. An ant is limited, in perception, in cognition. It sees exactly what is in front of it, to it the "world" within the scope of its perception is very limited and it has a very basic amount of inputs/outputs.

The brain has, in fact, developed like a layered fruit. Our frontal cortex is the reason we can "think" and perceive the entire world at once, but that's it.

I'm following from the OP, we basically are organic computers in the end, albeit very complex ones with an innumerable amount of inputs and outputs, but if we go down to more basic organisms we cant actually number and study these because of how simple they are.

I'm saying it's something we couldn't even imagine because how our hardware limits us, basically. Everything is layered and fractal.

We can look at an atom and see how it resembles macro physics. There is a nucleus, electrons and protons gravitating about it, and even smaller particles we can't perceive, they behave similarly to solar systems, solar systems cluster around a galactic nucleus and gravitate, galaxies are rotating around something.

With the amount of shit we theorize and guess on who the fuck knows what goes higher or deeper than what we can currently perceive, all I know is it seems like an endless string of fractal replicas.

dance to my music you little rat

Attached: cbd.gif (680x502, 1.8M)

We all know what death is like. It’s like before you were born.

Nothing more, nothing less. We all know it too, we just don’t want to face it.

life is about becoming the master of as many conceivable dimensions as possible, wealth, health, work, whatever you can possibly do, become the best you can at it

Attached: 1536632795109.jpg (750x406, 285K)

Ants have astonishing senses and abilities that humans can only dream of, actually. And vice versa. You are not a more complete, advanced, or evolved creature than an ant. You just evolved in a different environment and have different faculties as a result.

>perceive the entire world at once
the fuck we do, we perceive only the most retardedly minute sliver of reality. You don't see infrared or ultraviolet, your sense of smell and your olfactory intelligence is 1/100000th that of a 'dumb dog', etc. And even then from the sensory stream that enters your brain you reduce it to identifiable figures and symbols and then only consciously focus on a sliver of THAT reductive image at a time.

AASB basically?

When you operate, you understand the world you in. You walk down the street knowing it's part of a city, part of a state, part of a country, part of a globe that is spherical and keeps everything intact by way of gravity.

An ant does not. An ant has an impulse to do X thing that it follows, until bothered by Y action, upon which it will execute Z reaction. As far as bugs go, they have literal toys you can stick into a cockroach's back to control movement because they are so damn rudimentary.

It isn't about your "sheer senses", it's about your global cognizance. The ant is stuck where it is, it will never escape its simple life of being born, marching from point A to point B to collect shit until it dies a few days later.

I don't think you understand computation complexity or what I am trying to state. I never said other beings didn't have straight talents that superseded ours, I'm talking about existence and reasoning.

>meaningless nihilistic talk from a universe that is merely an unimaginably tiny part of the meaningful null realm
>mfw

Attached: 0.jpg (1200x1200, 35K)

Never heard that acronym desu

On 425ug this thread has been a blessing

These weird ads too

>if they could be artificially created
How do you know Jow Forums isn't the pet project of some AI bringing about its conditions to flourish, retrocausally?

You faggots always miss the forest for the trees. This was he grand realisation that made me aware of the existence of a soul, it’s the fact that I had this grand epiphany where I FELT the line between my consciousness and my body. It was only for a brief instant but I will remember the feeling forever, the totally and complete awareness that there is a fundamental difference between consciousness and biology. That while my consciousness is trapped in this body like file on a hard drive, the strings of data that are my consciousness, the 1s and 0s, are immaterial/immortal. They can be copied and accessed anywhere at any time by any machine.

based geotrauma poster

The distinction is the self awareness. Humans are intuitively AWARE of the fact that there are things we do not know. This singular distinction is precisely why we are unique and not like animals and why the analogy of the ant and the highway always falls apart.

You have no way whatsoever of knowing if that is true or not. I'm not saying that isn't a possibility, but only retards try to make claims either way with certainty. Your suggestion has just as much proof behind it as any other belief system.

t.atheist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientism

dont look up 10th dimension vids on youtube

My computer is strong enough, but I refuse to go back. It is comfy, but I can’t accept it. What do I do bros. Been going through this existential crisis for a little over a year. I’m 30, throughout my adult life it comes and goes but I can’t shake this one.

Attached: 2350C900-8B83-4236-99B8-70F82B995157.jpg (540x540, 102K)

What a gay image

Attached: dancing in the twilight.gif (500x281, 272K)

You can reprogram yourself with hardwork. First step is waking up to what your programming is first. The first red pill: self awareness

NICE

I don't 'use' them. I've taken shrooms though. It's a great way to see the absurdity in things. Really quite funny.
>The first red pill: self awareness
yup

Posting in a legend bread

Computers reflect humanity. Binary is a man made dichotomy. Computers are but an extension of humanity. We already are and have always been no different.

Perhaps this has been already realized by the puppeteers and that is why we are moving towards a post-human era where we merge with machines in order to go beyond our organic limitations?

Attached: take the codepill.png (670x1642, 302K)

My head hurts and I'm only with the 6th dimension. Basically 1D is a dot, 2D is a line (which means you can see flat shapes), 3D is objects, 4D is objects moving through time, 5D is seeing all possibilities that object has(including humans).

>6th panel
>learning to accept a different programming created by people over 60 years ago
FTFY

>Jow Forums
>learning to program yourself
cmon now

Attached: cute trap.jpg (672x357, 44K)

this

to anyone wondering, the correct image in the last panel is a jew with the exclamation point above his head

figured out how to tell if someone is an NPC. I really noticed this at work; NPCs look at everything. someone's phone rings? an NPC will turn their head and look. Someone enters the room? An NPC will turn their head and look. Its like they have to react to everything by looking at it.

You're a retard. If you hear an uncommon noise you watch it and reflect what it is in your head.

the point is that they are not uncommon. an NPC always has to look anything because they can not be truly absorbed in something

Imagine trying this hard to justify you spamming this shitty wojak edit. This isn't even what this meme is about. This meme exists just because the tards on Jow Forums misinterpreted some study on psychologytoday.com . Goddamn it they don't make wojak edits like they used to.

As long as a single computer can fuck up other computers, I'm fine with that

user people try to keep a check on their surroundings. If a person enters the room it could be someone important or dangerous so you check. If a phone rings it could be yours so you check. Not to mention it's completely natural for a sudden sound to disturb you.

You've all finally come full circle. This is the moment that chan culture finally realizes that it's actually just rampant transgressive anti-moral nonsense that has no purpose but to self degrade and rebel for the sake of rebellion. The NPC meme is a self realization of this fact.

Take the universalism pill user, it's the only way to find true purpose in the world.

Attached: Desu_Vult.jpg (524x751, 38K)

you should look at
ted.com/talks/donald_hoffman_do_we_see_reality_as_it_is/

if you haven't already.

Basic idea is that everything we perceive has evolved to keep us alive, and that seeing the world INACCURATELY actually confers a huge survival advantage over perceiving things as they actually are

F A G AND E V I L

>there has been an awakening
>can you feel it?

Attached: NPCJAK(1).png (1000x1348, 85K)

bump

IM H O L Y AND P U R E

Attached: b602310550f907d40ac98c34fd9eb1a1.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

Quantum suicide theory?

rolling true npc id

>mark me milord
>spank my ass honey

Attached: 1537157411026.png (980x742, 550K)

Can we rename the thread to teenage angst.

i feel the conditioning, i feel the brainwash affecting me.

>tired
>depressed
>no motivation to do anything
>all my hobbies are gone
>"i will definitely leave the company when the chance is there"
>they propose me another contract
>but muh wage
>but muh security
>but muh don't be a weakling and just resist, it's a challenge
>accept
>life is the same hell
>rinse and repeat every 6 months

this is how it feels a NPC with a small bit of awareness. you wanna fight but end up doing the same shit over and over again.

goddamn i'm so blackpilled lately.

Attached: tfw 3 hours of sleep each night.jpg (960x871, 110K)

the fractal theory is one that has always both stuck with me through various highs.
i know that sounds like something stupid you read on bluelight or erowid by some scizophrenic stoner but yea. over the years, sometimes when ive been high i comprehend the fractal nature of our universe in different ways, often times its at a level that i cannot understand and is completely useless information in our world.
Oh yeah and it scares the absolute shit out of me

Last image is jews

the hand is shooped

youre not getting it faggot, us turbo autists dgaf about the shit happening around us, the shit going on in our head is way more important

once mankind accepts the truth that we are all npcs, then will we finally achieve true sentience.
_

Attached: .7.jpg (220x230, 6K)

This has gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever read. Armchair fedora philosophist arguing that not a single person on earth has ever had their conciousness lost, heart stopped and came back. Hint: it happens all the time you pussyfooting agnostic.

Attached: 1537157728981.jpg (960x726, 243K)

please explain sir, do you mean something like NDE or reincarnation shit?

I'm happy that I'm a computer, because it means transfer to a better medium is potentially possible.
I want to be a dyson sphere

No, not most humans. Most humans are pretty dumb and too busy with their pathetic futile lives. That's why these humans are NPCs until they are not. If you don't want to stay an NPC then work on your reasoning and start questioning everything. Embrace knowledge and study philosophy.

absolute brainlet