My mother is pushing me to invest my inheritance with a commission based financial planner...

My mother is pushing me to invest my inheritance with a commission based financial planner, which is not a great idea imo (it's a trust).
I'm thinking of accepting for the sake of not souring relations, but putting the money in an index fund through them. Do you guys know any good exchange traded index funds available to Canadians?

Attached: 1491666217168.jpg (2764x2073, 771K)

How large is your trust? What is your intended asset allocation (stocks, bonds, alternatives, domestic vs international)?

no but i guess one of your alt accounts is going to shill one

300k, I want to do about 80% stock 20% bonds. Probably international because I'm not a huge fan of the Canadian market.
Looking at past average fees for this place it seems to be between 1.3% and 0.8% of the value of total stuff invested, which seems quite high.
What?
Is this a common thing on Jow Forums? Also I just noticed IDs, made the thread on my phone walking home I'm on my laptop now.

your mother is bluepilled by the kikes. if youre smart at all you'll put 150k into bitcoin, 75k into silver and 75k into gold

This.

you should buy some bitcoin and ethereum for sure.'

pajeets incoming

Your mother should invest in LINK

Praise be.

Attached: the prophet 4.png (500x517, 251K)

Do this Fuck MOMMY “souring relations” fucking privileged autist

I'm starting to see this may not be the right place for this question.
Maybe Jow Forums can help or something.

Clearly Business and Finance is about Business in and Finance in the same way /v/ is about video games.

i already answered your question
this is the answer

>150k into bitcoin
>75k into silver

retard detected. silvers just a poor mans gold and isn't worth investing in ever, especially now. bitcoins (all crypto) is a huge fucking joke thats been exposed for the scam that it is. if blockchain technology ever sees widespread adoption it's not going to be through any existing cryptocurrency, it's going to be when a major corporation or government decides to implement it, you'll see "AmazonCoin" or "USA Coin" and thats when you should invest in crypto. The current space is nothing but a bunch of libertarian, neckbeard, autistic faggots with their heads in the clouds.

What are you doing user

Look towads the asian market. You can buy low in the japanese market right now instead of high in the US market

yup no more room go away please

retard alert

> If blockchain ever takes off it will be because a centralized entity made their own

Decentralization isn't a meme, it's the whole point.

Current crypto currency are government made

Don't listen to these fags, crypto is a scam and all these fags are waiting for last 10 months for the price to go up. Don't get stuck in this shit, also tell your mom to fuck off.

>tl;dr you keep your money safe before you lose it all

Thanks Mr.Shekelstein. Guess Ill get back in my wage cage now. Thanks for setting me straight.

It's a trust, with my mother as the trustee. That's why I need to keep her at least somewhat happy.

read the book 100 baggers
start putting some of it into a tfsa as well if you can

It's possible to set up trusts that aren't commission based user

Stick up for yourself on that ONE point

My TFSAs are maxed actually, so that's a good thing.
I know.
I'm thinking of shifting it to "active management" and just making purchases within it of an index fund, and keeping it like that until the trust releases in 5 years. I have to convince HER, and you know how women are with trusting "professionals".

That’s insane fees if it’s just passive investing. The expected real return (after inflation) of the stock market is ~5-7%. In other words, you’ll end up paying 20% of your expected real return in fees. Try explaining that to your mom.. Also, if you’re still young then you should probably go 100% stocks.

You can do it without active managemwnt too. Shop around a bit for different trust managers.

PAJEET STORM ATTACK

don't be complacent with your investments.

Don't let your mom control it if possible. I was trading under my mom's name when I was under 18 at the time. Because she controlled it and refused to sell a stock that jumped 3x I ended up losing out big. It was only a couple thousand at the time but for someone my age it was fairly large. Mothers have a tendency to think they are smarter than their kids so probably, your most important investment right now is to figure out a plan to get your 100% control over your finances. That doesn't mean you have her removed as a trustee but you need to get her respect with investing so if you do find something good or you need to cash out fast she's not blocking you. You need to be able to execute on decisions when you make the call and not have to wait however long it takes to convince her that her emotional feelings are wrong.

just wait till your 18 or 21 or however old your supposed to be, its not that long and it wont go down while its in the trust.

lmao you are going to be really really incredibly poor in the next decade. bitcoin is absolutely the next step. eventually nobody will be able to own 1 bitcoin except for the people who had the foresight to buy 1 or more before it became too expensive. but people will be transacting bitcoin in fractionals, this much is for sure. the fact that you cant even understand the pure power that a decentralized blockchain is going to have in the future shows how much of a moron you are.

I'm 25, it's a 5-10 year window as things elapse.
I won't get all of it till I'm 30+

maybe try educating your mother and help her realise shes making a bad decision

I'm trying, but the meeting with the people is in a few days, this is all happening quite suddenly.

I'm thinking my best course of action right now is go along with it, have them invest it, then make a plan over the next few weeks/months and try to hammer it in to my mother's brain that it will work, then pull it out. I'll be going over the papers carefully for any gotchas, but at this point I'm exasperated because I have tried many times to explain this to her.

Maybe I just need to rant, this is annoying me so much as an engineer that we aren't getting optimal results.

Leaf here.
Assuming Crypto is off the table, show your family the charts about recession cycles. There is simply no way the US stock market will not correct within a few years, and likely sooner.
The Canadian Market is even worse. We are very dependent on oil and real estate. If you are a leaf that lives anywhere west of PEI, it's tangible. Even mama and papa will understand that. The only think that will save the TSX is a surge in oil prices, which isn't out of the question, but a pretty big bet.

If you have to put your money into something, go safe right now. GIC, etc. Something with a short term you can put the money in when everyone else is shitting their pants.

Obviously this is full of biases, but from my viewpoint, that's where we are at.

Attached: workingheart.jpg (500x499, 74K)

*So you can put your money in indexes, etc, when everyone is shitting their pants

Just wait a year or two. Shit is gonna dump soon. Tell her you think your better off waiting to see the next election through.

I'm feeling a similar feeling
But I was feeling that in 2016 and the market went up like 20% since then. IDK really what to do, or where to put it. I know they say don't time the market, but that's not with large sums of money.

>as an engineer
you mean as an autist

Do not listen to this faggot OP. He knows nothing about Canadian Taxes. Honestly just buy a business in a country that doesn't charge you 60% income tax if you make over $60k a year.

Ya you must not come around here much. Your most likely answers will be:

- chainlink (which is garbage btw)
- bitcoin or bcash (Pretty much the same)
- shit coin of the week ( a la pajeet)
- and for whatever reason silver. Probably those niggers Schiff, Maloney and kyosaki trying to get dipshits to buy their meme metals. This just started getting shilled really heavy in the past week so something is going on.

If you want real advice go to r/personalfinance on reddit. It's lightyears better than this shithole.

Yeah, I think I'm going to make a thread on there tomorrow. I hate reddit but Jow Forums really isn't what it once was, or at least this board isn't that helpful.

V A N G U A R D
A N G U A R D
N G U A R D
G U A R D
U A R D
A R D
R D
D

Don't use a financial planner investing isn't hard
also forget bonds go 100% stocks 300k isnt very much and bonds will just erode the principle

The fact that you are asking Jow Forums this questions demonstrates that you are too incompetent to manage that money yourself.

>trustfund retard
your parents know you're mentally disabled and failed to raise you

Attached: Picture 157.jpg (600x400, 48K)

google's webcralwler is getting so fast it's nuts. was trying to source your image and found this thread

Attached: chrome_2018-09-20_00-56-55.png (688x541, 118K)

what are the issues with a commission based planner?

Either government or groups/entities as powerful as governments
The mainstay ones at least

The transition to digital currency is enevitable and natural as civ cycles progress, how quickly this transition will occur is yet to be completely determined/realized as of yet