How rich do you have to be to just let your money sit in a bank and let the interest make you enough money to live?

How rich do you have to be to just let your money sit in a bank and let the interest make you enough money to live?

Attached: 0AD38C73-95B4-4751-9E3D-2F529A86000F.jpg (214x236, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fourpercentrule.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's the matter user? you don't know simple math?

pretty simple math, retard. figure out your cost of living for one year, then estimate what % interest you can generate sitting in a bank. divide cost of living by % interest. there ya go

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that anymore. People used to have 5-10% money market accounts. The worst wealth destroying thing the fed ever did was 0% interest rates long term. They Ruined the incentive to save, and at the same time they’re inflating the fuck out of the money. Good luck with trying to let money grow in a bank.

based silencer poster

Even a shit ton of money will produce only like $500 of interest a month at best

>Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that anymore
It will again, and it's not all unfortunate.
Don't forget that, back when accounts were going for 10% or even 15%, so were mortgages.

Ok, so put your money in a more productive investment vehicle, ya dingus. Bonds and blue chip stocks like Visa and Mastercard provide steady, safe returns. Or if you're willing to put in some work, you could take advantage of the historically low interest rates and buy real estate.

If you want to just stick your money in a savings account, you'll earn the commensurate amount of returns proportional to the risk your taking (next to nothing).

only takes about $100k to get $500/mo

fourpercentrule.com/

>buy stock in credit card companies
>buy real estate
This is literally a collection of the two worst things you can do with your money right now

Holy FUCK you are retarded

>what is inflation
Bonds have historically been shit in real terms. Stocks and real estate are almost always better and have better tax treatment.

This. Borrow with low rate and buy land (obv not now right before the crash, lel). Improve property & rent it out. Sell when market tops, periodically lock in gains in stocks and commodities, and bonds of course. Accumulate a decent amount of high yield dividend stocks, that plus rentals to produce your mostly passive income.

>obv not now right before the crash, lel

Attached: 1506113664721.jpg (763x771, 60K)

Depends where you live, In some places the inflation is higher than the interest rates, which means that no amount of money is enough.

>he doesn't know there 100% will be an economic crash
Literally the only way it doesn't happen is if the memes about Trumpenstein are true and he resets all debt and issues a new currency system with China

>t. room temp IQ

how have your positioned yourself to take advantage of this 100% crash?

Attached: 1532377224338.jpg (707x540, 36K)

Personally I'm taking advantage of it by not tying myself to a 30 year mortgage bet on the price of real estate

Never, and mean NEVER let your money sit in the bank, I don't care how much you have. Joint funds, investment funds, real estate, gold, buy something that can earn you money. If you give it to the bankers, you'll lose all of it eventually and I'm not even ironic. Idle money is the worst possible solution, might as well give it away.

No it doesnt, interest rates are retarded low

What about sitting in US treasury bonds? It seems like a no-brainer, but no one here ever talks about it.

yeah you're right, money sitting in a bank is such a foreign concept, and the fact that people still do it amazes me. i was referring to dividend companies or corporate debt

>no-brainer
for 3%? go ahead, but if inflation goes above that you lose.

What the fuck

Why what the fuck?