Who else here /black_swannin/?

Instead of putting your money in “medium risk” investments (how do you know it is medium risk? by listening to tenure-seeking “experts”?), you need to put a portion, say 85 to 90 percent, in extremely safe instruments, like Treasury bills—as safe a class of instruments as you can manage to find on this planet. The remaining 10 to 15 percent you put in extremely speculative bets, as leveraged as possible (like options), preferably venture capital-style portfolios.

Attached: nnt.jpg (630x400, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/nassim-talebs-black-swan-fund-made-1-billion-this-week-1440793953
fooledbyrandomness.com/notebook.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Or you could all in Link.

so theyre cant possibly be a black swan event for treasuries/ interest rates? i think u should read his shit again

I also do the barbell strategy. Except I also invest in municipal bonds, as they are not subject to black swan events as larger corporate and sovereign bonds are. Nassim is honestly a genius and I follow his philosophy religiously.

what coins does nassim hold?

He made his fortune on writing, not his investment strategy

You didn’t read black swan.

Crypto is the definition of the kind of investment 10 percent of your portfolio should be in if you’re using black swan strategies

Wouldn’t be surprised if he holds Bitcoin - he’s championed it before.

He also believes that routine work will all be automated, much like what smart contracts and Chainlink try to do. Once main net is out I’m sure he’d think it’s pretty cool.

gold, real estate, T-bills, foreign reserve currency baskets

btc and altcoins or crazy stock options or crazy stocks or whatever your specialty is

I modified his strategy to make it mega antifragile.
>50% pms
>50% crypto
If the economy continues business as usual my crypto stack will do pretty well as the world adopts the tech and pms will be worth about the same. If the global debt bubble pops (pro tip it will), then crypto and pms will go parabolic while fiat goes to 0. If civilization crashes and takes the internet with it, I still got my metals and can larp innawoods with the survival skills I learned in scouts.

Yeah, going 85/15 safe assets seems a little bit boomer-ish, most people should be able to take on more risk as long as they aren't leveraged to hell

on the other hand, most people are leveraged to hell and most people can't psychologically tolerate losses

yep I'm 50/50 cause as it stands there's no other way to catch up. Might de-risk to an 80/20 when I transform into a boomer

Lol yeah or maybe that's a direct quote from the book

wsj.com/articles/nassim-talebs-black-swan-fund-made-1-billion-this-week-1440793953

His fund has made over a billion fucking dollars. You will never be as successful as based Taleb.

I did. I agree with his neoclassical bullshitting but he's not an investment guru

Thats not his fund, he works as a consultant

Based and redpilled. I'm at 3/5 silver and 2/5 shitcoins, virtually no fiat. Have a higher silver allocation because I'm almost convinced economy is less than a year away from getting nuked

Attached: main-qimg-226b3bdc156cb746b7379f5164c4b66f.png (583x741, 878K)

That’s a beyond retarded strategy unless you’re very risk averse.

Burger? Do you guys pay sales tax on silver?

In Bongland we have to pay 20% on any silver

kek, you fools. I always cringe whenever Taleb or TBS is brought up here, you guys are retarded as fuck. Especially with this example because of how wrong it is. What you are describing is a barbell style portfolio strategy which aims to maximize gains on tail events. Yet still loses all on market wide tail events unless you also understand dynamic hedging (the strategy Taleb uses for his actual Black Swan style hedge funds).

> pic

If you think for one moment that TBS was about giving plebs ideas on how to make money in the market through Black Swans, please return to page one, or even better yet Fooled By Randomness. You fools.

> fooledbyrandomness.com/notebook.htm
> People think that I wrote TBS to communicate my ideas about human errors, epistemic arrogance, complexity, and high-impact uncertainty. The fools. I wrote a book to talk about Yevgenia, Lebanon, Casanova; I wanted to express my love for il Deserto and my outrage for the very existence of frauds like Robert Merton le petit. And I used that Black Swan idea as an excuse. Any other topic would have bored me. Had I written a book about the black swan idea almost nobody would have read it.

> Some people think they attend the opera for the story.

> It is the same with language. Language is largely made to show-off, gossip, confuse people, delude them, charm them, seduce them, scare them, exploit them, etc. And, as a side effect, convey information. Just a side effect, you fools.

Attached: file.png (445x520, 114K)

As in if any Bong wants to buy silver they have to at least wait for a 20% return to break even

This, he's made far, far more.money off his writing than his investments or even his 1987 options win

t. user who's met him and have family members who have known him for decades

Have a Swiss bank do it for me

50% silver 50% crypto

y is fpbp always

>Have a Swiss bank do it for me
Could you expand? Brainlet here

Do you have a few mil to drop?

i've made algo based on his practical experience, which works so fine in crypto (which is full of quasi-black-swans)

so far so good, great wise man

>as leveraged as possible
that is slightly counterintuitive user

Attached: 1467559207114.jpg (480x480, 53K)