Why are always coders blamed for failed projects?

Why never product owners, marketers, designers, "it's just to move a button" guys and so on?

Attached: main-qimg-e1c453b8773751f0a906b9a166b23cef.jpg (602x753, 205K)

Because coders are the soldiers at the front lines and today's project's decisions are often made from people far away from the front lines, insulated from their bad decisions. Not to mention the projects becoming more complex.

Because programmers tend to be introverts so they'll accept it without fighting

All of the decision making, design, fluff is all brought into reality by the coder. They are ground zero, even if they were just following orders.

Reminds me of my older brother (Electrical Engineer) being asked why he'd do that by a business manager friend of his.

"We do less work and get paid more, why be a programmer?"

Only thing is you have a skill set you can enjoy at times?

>le coders do all the work meme
>we're not actually responsible tho!!!!!

Attached: 1537021139603.jpg (890x890, 116K)

I am software-dev. There were times I admitted I fucked-up, there were times management admitted they fucked-up. I never accused anyone unfairly or received unfair accusation.
It depends on your company culture and your personality.

Too many coders are B-type personality. Marketing droids are extroverts.

However, through unmitigated revenge on some of the fucktards, I have earned myself the status of someone you just don't fuck with. They have stopped unfairly blaming me and I have stopped my crusades, so now we have some kind of truce.

Feels good, man.

user, you forgot the finance department.

"Hey, user. We need to know how many hours you expect to work on the seven projects you work now in the next year."

How did you do this revenge in the first place?
I need to know because of... reasons.

>"We do less work and get paid more, why be a programmer?"

Great fucking question. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Why am I even doing this?

t. fell for the CS degree meme

From my perspective coders need to laugh about themselves a bit more and then you dont need to get revenge, as they dont come near you with malicious intent.

I have a blast with our coding monkeys - they make jokes about me (finance guy) with stuff like "you are just a glorified calculator", I make jokes about them being fat & nerdy. If you cannot live with yourself, change it. Thats it.

>CEO: Lets do ABC, manager can you do ABC?
>manager: yes I can do ABC!
>manager: coder can we do ABC?
>coder: yes but it will be 2 years of work and we need to build a team
>manager: great, so we can have a demo ready in a month.
>6 months later
>CEO: manager, what the fuck happened to ABC?
>manager: sorry CEO my aspergers coders just are too dumb.

Basically some variation of this process is continually occurring at most software companies.

The problem is fundamentally that you have non-technical people giving instructions to technical people. Companies like Google and Apple avoid this by actually promoting their engineers into the management structure. But your average software shitshop is being run by some boomer with a business degree who still struggles with excel spreadsheets.

Ideas are cheap, but implementing them is hundreds of thousands, if not millions of $ worth of effort.

Reason: we always get these fresh graduates, who want to have their merits handed to them for just having passed an exam and being treated as if they would be the CEO.

Those who act like a princess get the dick. It is the same in construction, among engineers and everywhere else.

most of the failed projects are never meant to be finished. your paying for living expenses if your talking about crowd funded stuff and for large companies nobody blames the coder. also shouldnt this be Jow Forums

fpbp

Fuck, only people who haven't planned a project ask this kind of bs question nonchalantly. Either way, financing shouldn't be asking the devs to give this schedule - someone isn't doing their job

Most people are just too uneducated when it comes to programming. It needs to be taught along with maths starting from elementary school.

I wonder this as I get my CIS and CS degrees.

>promoting their engineers into the management structure

Whis is a good idea, until they hit the upper middle management.
Then, half of them burn out for having to learn other stuff on the run (cost accounting, project management etc.).
Some go back to coding on their own, as managing the stuff also means that they likely will never see a single line of code again, aside from the massive fuckups (which they are responsible for, even though they did not have written it). It estranges them also often from the product and they have to be a charismatic person to stay friendly with the basic coders, their former collegues.
Many will actually relocate to sales, as coders are a good addition to this department. Always great to have someone being able to talk about specifics with the customer.

Not arguing against it, I have great people with me in the company, who were coders before and are now very good project managers. But I saw it fail way more often than succeeding, as the majority of the coders are just not the same type of people who usually are tasked with running the show.

>t. manager who actually clearly stated what team we need and found ways to finance the operation

It's hard to get the work done and it's not for brainlets. Almost everyone around me with a business/econ degree gets preppy when they hear I'm a product manager. "Oh, that's what I want to do too! ^^". The bad thing is that they do get to do it. You described the result

CS is not a meme. It's got more pajeets than it should but at least theres still reasonable demand and merit involved.
Engineering is too saturated and ridden with normies, and most of the processes that drive it are pretty much set in stone. It's become much like accounting, in the sense that any drone who uses the software properly and knows where each data entry goes can brute force the job done. Being smart isn't worth raises because theres so many new grads. It's still work that needs to be done but graduating in this decade has been a mistake so far.

t. Chemical engineer

Attached: SAVE_20180920_170157.jpg (1172x1148, 163K)

>someone isn't doing their job

Yes. I refer to - project managers who were formerly normal coders, who cannot gather basic information for the finance department.

Looking at it from a job availability perspective, I've heard information security might have a lot of opening. I was in a Information Systems/Infrastructure Assurance double major until I burned out.

In Comp Sci and Computer Information Systems. Thinking about getting into cybersec eventually.