College Thread

Is a Business Administration or Economics college degree worth it?

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 10K)

nope, they're memes unless you do grad school, which is also a meme.

It needs to be something with a finance major. like Business Administration - Finance, or Economics and Finance. Those are better, but still a meme. make sure you do coop/internships, otherwise won't get a job/not have the confidence you need.

What type of jobs can you get with this degree? Thinking of going back to school

none, STEM or Health Care degrees are only useful ones.

nepots get the good biz jobs.

better off learning a trade or starting your own biz

They will check the "Bachelor's Degree" box but you're better off getting an accounting or finance degree. Then just get your CPA and you can easily be a CFO once you prove your worth. Personally though, if I could do it all over again, I'd get an engineering degree, then go into Business jobs. You'll run circles around most sales people provided you aren't a total social retard (which most Engineers are...)

>t. retard

If you want to go into business, get an engineering major with a business minor. Though if you like Econ, go for an econ and math dual major.

if finance degrees don't get you into finance why do they exist then?

Attached: 1473763236720.jpg (720x579, 30K)

>Why do profs go into college to teach finance when they could improve their sales?

>Why should you learn old concepts from books that literally all of your concurrence is learning?

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think it's because entrepreneuship isn't a skill you can "study", because the market is a very dynamic thing and you'll need much more experience then old theory. Maybe you do these degrees to help a free entrepreneur to improve his sales, but you'll most likely not choose the best way with this.

But that's just a hypothesis. And it.s why i've asked this question. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Go into sales after having strong technical background in software or engineering.

Its the only FUCKING WAY. SALES IS THE ONLY FUCKING GODDAMN WAY

People who say they aren’t worth it don’t know what they are talking about. That being said, you should consider comboing BA/Econ with finance, math, CS or accounting.

Literally useless, even a politcal science major has a better chance of finding a job

any accountants?

The funny thing is in those fields you'll see people with every other fucking degree because those are useless as the skills they provide are basically so broad and 'textbook' that they don't apply to the real world.

Our entire management structure is made up of people with CS, engineering, IS, and other Science degrees yet they do everything the degrees you listed 'should' be.

AKA: These degrees mean NOTHING on a resume.

BS in businesses here. $40k in debt and a complete waste. Biggest mistake of my life going to college

We don't have the whole college dept situation here in Switzerland. Is the subject matter on its own useful at least?

Business Management here. 30k debt with no knowledge, looking back I couldve made straight A's and still wouldnt learn anything relevant. Gonna have to rely on crypto to save my life.lol

I managed an area for a chain of pawn shops making salary with a ged.
3 business graduates worked for me.
The one with military experience managed his own store and got his degwafter his store. The other two were sales associates making 10 an hr.
One had an MBA.
You tell me

>bbbut I work for X company and I only have a middle school certificate
Alright you jackoffs, I’m waiting on that list of wall street, even main st employees who miraculously got their jobs with no advanced degrees. How about your financial advisor (if you had one)? He just walked into that with a HS diploma? Of course not.
OP - fuck econ, do finance or accounting. Economics is a lot less practical.

elaborate user

As an Economics major I can say that Econ is a pure dogshit degree in terms of out-of-college ROI. Recruiters wouldn't even look at me because my major wasn't "Finance", so I had a tough time getting a job (8 months jobless). I'm a real estate analyst now but I still make fuckall compared to people I know who went into computer science.

The only reason to ever take economics is if you plan to go into graduate school or law school. Otherwise take business/finance, engineering, or computer science.

if your school isnt in the top 100 you're fucked and better off learning a trade

Double econ with cs

Accounting degree is pretty good. I shouldn't shill for it on here though.

have an associates in biz, it actually proved very useful to me.

>What type of jobs can you get with this degree? Thinking of going back to school
Entry level job at a corporation/bank.