Fell for the trades meme

>fell for the trades meme
>only have 1 year experience most of it is working in the shop instead of field work
>boss sends me out into the oilfield alone without a journeyman for training
>literally no idea what I'm doing half the time making a fool of myself in front of all the refinery boomers with 40 years experience
>blew up 20k worth of shit then pretended it was already broken
>make only 55k starting while university grads are making 80-100k starting working 37.5 hours a week in a comfy office and get stock options

Who else /tradescuck/ here?

Attached: 1453525935896.jpg (541x412, 58K)

LOL, sorry brah

Whats your degree in?

Geologist here.

You picked a shitty trade with a shitty company, that’s your own fault

I don't have a degree, if I did I would be making 80-100k starting working only 37.5 hours a week and have thousands in stock options

do a degree then

ahahahaah

>university grads are making 80-100k starting working 37.5 hours a week in a comfy office and get stock options

Yeah......no. What fucking uni grad job even exists working only 37.5 hours?

Same bro I operate heavy equipment so big it requires a CDL but only make $22/hr

The Midwest is fucked

Succesful entrepreneur > good degree (stem, finance, law) > trades > most degrees

"College is a meme" is one of the biggest biz memes. I can't believe how many people fell for it. As long as you study something useful then college is a great investment. That being said, if you're low IQ and/or very lazy then a trade might be the best choice.

I don't know about the US, but that's pretty doable with a good degree in a rich country in Europe.

This. I work longer hours as a programmer than in pipeline construction worker.

The difference the pipeline worker makes only 60k a year working 80 hour weeks, and the programmer makes 300k a year and gets tech stock that goes up 25% a year since 2009

I make $56k with 2 years experience.

This. Unless you went into investment banking, CS, or you just graduated from Medical school then you'll be lucking to be making 50K in a Low COL.

Well maybe you're paid for only 40 hours but in most uni grad jobs there's the assumption that you're constantly updating your knowledge/skills on your free time so while you get PAID for only 40 hours no one's going to actually hire you if that's all you do.

Same. Do not fall into the trades meme.

I REPEAT.

DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRADES MEME.

Attached: 1518036587634s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>boss sends me out into the oilfield alone without a journeyman for training

This is the norm nowadays for many professions.

im a mechanic, they pay me flat rate and i probably only make 30k. you got it ez

Attached: IMG_7641.jpg (640x1136, 180K)

Tool & Die
It could be worse

Why the fuck is mechanic pay so low when they charge so damn much for any little thing and constantly swindle people for services they don't need?

the dude who owns the workshop makes a killing. his underlings not so much.

Just like in every other industry