/smg/

legend of the galactic heroes edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 1482471701222.png (720x1080, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/instablog/47560554-vision-and-value/5210387-gr-mdminus-02-keytruda-s-partner
seekingalpha.com/article/4202616-nash-cirrhosis-real-nash-epidemic
forbes.com/sites/clairepoole/2018/08/29/eclipse-resources-finally-finds-a-mate-in-blue-ridge-mountain/#6d78c609bf14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for triggering name fags

Attached: 323542542542.jpg (500x372, 33K)

I do believe that the market is irrational and stupid, and that the huge drop (which happened because LCI lost a supplier, iirc) could easily have been an overreaction, but what gives the company its value? For example, I've been shilling GALT so much because the science supporting its efficacy in treating NASH cirrhosis and cancer is promising, and it has a billionaire CEO (Richard Uihlein). What does LCI have going for it that makes it a promising company?

This may just be because it's in hindsight, but I don't understand how anyone thought buying HMNY was a good idea. Its business model is retarded and it relies on a dying industry (movie theaters) to make profits.

Attached: jesus ignoring thot.jpg (981x981, 100K)

First for big5 getting back with his girlfriend so he can finally clean up his life.

how high do you think Galt will go this time? i see it peaked at 12

err 9 and some change rather

Lads what sectors should i be looking to invest in that will give me some long term gains? At the moment my portfolio is only really weed and tech, both of which are pretty overpriced so I'm scared of a pop

Attached: 1537317209492.jpg (509x371, 52K)

>I've been shilling GALT so much because the science supporting its efficacy in treating NASH cirrhosis and cancer is promising
I want to invest, but I'm not sure "they have a billionaire CEO" and "they show potential" are good enough reasons for me, personally.

>Let's see how will this new Chinese rule affect companies like BILI and IQ:
>- If applicant want to make available a foreign media in China, they should submit the full version of the show to regulatory authority.
>- Permit won't be issued to content made by organizations that, or joined by individuals that damaged the national honor/pride/benefit of China, endangered the social stability or injured the ethical emotion
>- A catalog will be established by a department under the state council, the catalog will be periodically updated, all foreign content that are not part of the catalog will be banned from transmitting within China
>- For internet audio/video program providers, the amount of Foreign Movie, TV Drama, Animation, and other Foreign TV Program they provide, cannot exceed 30% of the total number of program available in each individual category.
>- The new rule is now in the phase of consultation. Deadline for comment submission would be October 19, 2018.

>BTFD
>"T-thanks for the cheapies!"
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES.

Attached: wojak_aaaaa_hat_micron_gun.png (500x600, 303K)

I don't have any particular price target at the moment, but purely on cancer data, I'm guessing somewhere around 10 (this is all speculation). Because cancer data was good, it created the possibility of another potential catalyst, being designated as a breakthrough drug by the FDA. That possibility, in addition to phase 3 NASH trials and a potential buyout or partnership could drive it much higher.

I'm long on GALT because of the science. The fact that it has solid finances for a biotech company and a billionaire CEO is a bonus as well, though. Biotech itself is a fairly speculative industry, since it relies a lot on scientific research to determine if a company is a good buy. It's not for everyone.

seekingalpha.com/instablog/47560554-vision-and-value/5210387-gr-mdminus-02-keytruda-s-partner
seekingalpha.com/article/4202616-nash-cirrhosis-real-nash-epidemic

Attached: 1535040729143.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Stop losses are in place for all my shares of everything.

Will still make a profit even if the market crashes

Attached: 1536525742376.png (667x684, 53K)

you're not gaurenteed to sell at your stop loss price, you know. it could be much lower

Pharma, aerospace, machinery, energy.

Exactly.

It's not just GALT, biotech itself is a different beast than most other sectors of the stock market. Developing new drugs and treatments for diseases is an expensive and lengthy process, and most small biotech companies operate at a loss during the initial speculative stage when they're proving that their product works. With biotech, a company either proves its science is good and it spikes massively on catalysts like promising data and study results, or bombs massively (like LCI did) on bad results.

Attached: both characters are male.png (1013x773, 559K)

First for the eternal FNGU

Attached: wrangler.png (427x294, 114K)

I'm really new to trading so I'm going to be asking alot of dumb questions. Just a forewarning.

Why do some companies have shares that were worth hundreds or thousands but are now penny stocks? How does that happen? And will they ever return to those peaks again?

LCI went down because it lost a supplier, not because of bad results. Either way, the point is that biotech companies can either spike massively and drop massively on important news.

Attached: 1535912728258.jpg (3036x4048, 3.08M)

Is TopStepTrader a scam?

Attached: some-girls-just-want-to-see-their-hands-burn.jpg (960x960, 185K)

Speculation, whats hot today is dead tomorrow.
Your question leads straight to the concept of how to value a company. Long story short there is intrinsic value to a company (its assets) then there is the speculation part.

I just want to be rich now.

Attached: 1514543742402.jpg (224x216, 11K)

ready for a second round of NBEV.

Attached: PLVFa.jpg (635x477, 182K)

DOW futures absolutely roaring up

Attached: upset.png (444x479, 313K)

Buying it tomorrow. Gonna FOMO into it like SHIT.

You’re more than likely looking at a stock that has reverse split in the past, if you’re using robinhood the chart makes it look like they used to be 100k plus a share sometimes. Basically the value of the company dropped so low they consolidated multiple shares together into one, sometimes in the hundreds. That is generally a bad sign for a company’s financial health, but not always.

It's the golden bull, enjoy :=0

Attached: giphy.gif (500x271, 689K)

>HMNY doing another 500 to 1 reverse split
KEK

Fucking MU man, I swear. Lost the rest of my money on calls today. Almost went in on DTEA instead.

Like a drop in the bucket,

drip
drip
drip until the bucket is finally full.

One day user, we will have our full bucket. One day

Attached: 1536627162715.gif (1000x691, 902K)

or*

Attached: 1537412164959.jpg (746x746, 72K)

me watched LoTGH now
this was only good part

BARONESS DRINK THE RED DAY KETCHUP

Attached: DRINKTHEKATCHUP.png (434x304, 199K)

Im still holding on to my 1 share i bought for 20 bucks
its a collectors edition.

What are reverse splits? a link a good article would be appareciated.

The stock I was referring too was tqqq, I've been here a few days and see it mentioned alot. I also seen its value in the past being massive.

How do you separate speculation from actual value? And how do you predict when to get out before the bear?

it's gonna get reverse split away sorry user

not even to the good parts yet

but then again logh is a solidly high iq only show

have you seen berserk original episodes? it is fantastic

be patient
some people think the first 20 episodes are slow/boring, but the show gets better as it goes on

Attached: 1445726676327.png (640x480, 440K)

THe stock market doesn't exist, prove me wrong

Nikkei is soaring again

TQQQ isn’t really a company, it’s a leveraged ETF. Look these terms up on investopedia, it’s not hard.

I've got 500 shares of F to ride out some dividends while the stock rises to a decent selling point, but I've got a couple of thousand to blow elsewhere. Who has dividens that will be my best fren?

NUUUU ME NO WANT DRINK RED DAY NUUUUU

have already finished it kek
am enjoy trying for figure out all the silly Japanese mannerisms
what make this hot it happen in high society and everyone just watches expecting her commit suicide

Attached: DRINKTHE.png (443x306, 220K)

What the fuck I have a quarter of my investments in MU.

Attached: 32B7591C-A33E-4621-BC53-68BBC489778B.jpg (750x739, 417K)

kek that image

Attached: dog melting.gif (300x300, 1.5M)

Buy TQQQ

Attached: 1537059965654.png (780x871, 426K)

>LCI

Attached: Screenshot_20180920-192917.png (1080x1920, 98K)

BUY GOLD AND SILVER

Attached: fed reserve debt acquisition.gif (825x527, 55K)

helo rat0

Good night /smg/

Attached: 3ABAB4A0-C6A6-4837-9845-A43FA7A2189C.jpg (426x364, 78K)

pleasant dreams, dear.

Sup biz

Sideways wordpad phoneposter here again.

Tried experimenting with how my portfolio would look like if i went all in and reinvested my divideds into GAIN for a year. I make a lot of assumptions in this experiement because nobody has a crystal ball. The price i used throughout the year was 12.50, and my starting portfolio value was $4750. This also assumes im dumping 1k a month into my portfolio plus reinvesting the dividends.

Id love to hear your thoughts or questions.

Attached: 15374945792088472601074688246836.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

why did you print it

Attached: 1530541480121.jpg (385x375, 35K)

THE DIVIDEND KING

all looks utterly reasonable

Its off my work computer

I won't enjoy waking up to MU, I'll tell you that.

Attached: mad.png (377x326, 6K)

This is why we use stops with limits and trailing stops.

>weed and tech, both of which are pretty overpriced
just look for cheaper tech imo. Yeah FAANG shit is pretty fucking gross rn but there’s shit out there with good entry points.

Brush up on your risk management skills.

fucking nbev and shit

Attached: 1532395292594.jpg (736x522, 31K)

This is the last time i'm going to give you guys the heads up. Buy ECR tomorrow, or miss out on good gains.

I bought 500 at close.
Is that enough?

Can /smg/ redpill me on investing in biotech? There's a lot of money to be made, but I don't want to enter unless I'm sure it's an investment, not speculation.

Attached: image-2018-08-28-11-41-33.jpg (719x1280, 133K)

Anyone boarding the FTCH IPO train tomorrow?

laughing my way to the bank with NBEV.

Attached: NBEV.gif (500x382, 1010K)

Im intrigued. Anything else to go on? Think Im gonna dump my GALT shares tomorrow if the price is good. Why buy ECR?

all investments are speculation

Hello rato, I should have said howdy earlier

Woof woof

Attached: dod2.png (586x645, 38K)

idk it’s not exactly your normal consumer product

To some extent. But let's not lump together companies that show steady 3% growth year after year and have a clean record with debt together with companies that are pure hype and no real track record to speak of.

just buy $IBB if you want exposure, it's the index.

Why just GAIN? I'm actually looking at putting some money into it myself, so I don't have anything against it. But there are other monthly high dividend stocks to choose from, if that's what you're after. Even just including the other Gladstone companies (GOOD, GLAD) would at least give you a little protection from GAIN totally shitting the bed.

Just curious on your thinking here.

this is why you sell when you can, not when you have to.

IBB is a shit. Compare it to TQQQ and you will see the better product

>aggressive tech index is hotter than biotech index
wow no way

>IBB is a shit. Compare it to TQQQ

Attached: 1520284610413.jpg (395x635, 232K)

this
Why do people even bother with anything else

Attached: tqqq5.png (598x737, 48K)

Today I bought into the riv ipo hype for $100. Should, I cut my losses or bag hold?

At what point do you stop feeling like a degenerate gambler and start feeling like some rich dude who just buys stock as a hobby? Every time I buy a stock I feel like I'm betting on a horse race.

levered ETFs are for trading, not holding. look at the historical charts of FAZ/FAS. the daily resets, derivative slippage, etc. makes these very risky products for a long term hold.

Hard to argue with that.

Never.

The super rich guys lose money all the time, they just have so much of it that they make money elsewhere.

That and they have people who's job it is is to sit and monitor their stocks all day for them.

If you don't come in with millions already you're always gambling, basically, unless you put all your money in the indexes or something.

Value investing like Buffet does. He shares his strategy and information freely since he began investing. Most people are just too lazy to do it. It's the only way to guarantee growing investments without insider trading knowledge.

Look at the preformance of TQQQ not FAZ you absolute mong.
People who don't buy TQQQ are brainlets and COPE because they don't want to admit they get BTFO by the market every. single. time.

Brainlets who think they can out preform the market use FUD to justify their stupidity.
They also try to divert your attention to other ETFs, which are retarded.
Focus on the TQQQ.
Only buy TQQQ

just went all in FAS

Attached: fas.png (883x807, 49K)

Warren buffet recommends 90% in S&P 500 and 10% in bonds for the average investor.

if you ever get the chance to manage big boy money instead of a 5 figure account no one gives a shit about, it'd be wise to take risk into account.

>risk
lmao pussy all in TQQQ. There is no risk in holding TQQQ because the market will go up forever

seriously considering dumping $1200 into this. Tell me why its a terrible idea.

Sure but he'd be talking about the average person building an investment portfolio. People are savvy enough to work for their future but not someone who is looking to effectively make a career from investment.

And if you're buying shares from individual companies hoping to outperform an index fund but struggle with the risk then I'd suggest learning about value investing and spend your time doing the arduous research but be confident that your portfolio will grow.

why

you can literally go to the trading floors in new york

I dunno. The company has decent financials and consistently surprises on EPS, so if 1200 is like 3% of your portfolio then go right ahead.

I wouldn't put more than I could afford to lose in it, though.

I bought 1800 shares just before the market closed after I saw user shilling it. Looks like a decent gamble.

either way, even if the stock only goes up by less than a dollar it would still be a profit over all, if you invest enough.

I know you're lying but if you did you would be a happy man in the near future.

forbes.com/sites/clairepoole/2018/08/29/eclipse-resources-finally-finds-a-mate-in-blue-ridge-mountain/#6d78c609bf14