How to soften apartment water?

The water in my apartment is rock hard, how can I soften it? It's destroying my hair in the shower. What should I do? Should I ask /sci/?

Attached: ApuThinking....png (741x568, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lyZ41rgC07o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is hard water a thing? How do you know if it's hard

Attached: 1536814385463.jpg (960x895, 65K)

5:1 mix of NA to H20 should give you what your looking for.

Nice financial content

But where would he put it

Yeah a lot of cities in the US have hard water, and now that I'm back in college in a bigger city I can really feel it. It feels like there's a fucking residue on my skin when I get out of the shower, even when I'm fully dried off. My hair is greasy yet brittle and disgusting and is falling out. I need a way to remove the minerals from this water ASAP.

I'm ordering a testing kit to see how hard it is soon, maybe a showerhead filter but I'm not sure that will help.

Nice just bought 100k hair implants

We could make a lot of money if we figure out a way to soften water for people in dorms/apartments/living arrangements that don't allow them to move a full sized water softener in. The showerhead filters don't soften the water as far as I know, they just filter out a bit of chlorine.

>America
>first world

buy a big 500 gallon drum

This device called a water softener that you add salt pellets to. What you described about feeling slimey after a shower is exactly what it is like. It comes from too many solids in the water like iron and sulfur.

Pre-soften the water before washing your hair with it and clean your body/hair separately. Clean hair in a bucket/bowl of the softened water. To soften the water, put vinegar, lemon juice, or some other mild acid into the water and let it sit overnight.

Consider moving if possible. You'll just shorten your lifespan from the consequences of using/drinking hard water in the long term.

It leaves white stains everywhere where the hard water touches. The toilet bowl builds up stains very quickly because the minerals collect on the surface and give it a rough texture.

Old 55gal steel drums are typically the cheapest way to go. You can pick them up free/cheap at most any scarp yard. From there you just need to figure out a gravity feed system.

Or you could just use social pressure to force your landlord to install a softener system. Nothing like angry tenants flushing hundreds of pingpong balls and plastic wrap to focus their attention.

Are you referring to the large water softeners like this? I can't install one of them in my apartment. My parents have one and the water quality difference between their house and this apartment city water is enormous.

I wonder if those small showerhead filters can make any difference. I'm going to get one and try it out, I'll use a testing kit to see if there's any change in water hardness.

Attached: watersoftener.jpg (600x600, 20K)

I'm considering this as well, just having soft water ready to go to wash my face/hair and then quickly washing the rest of my body off with the hard water.

There's just not enough space for me to do this unfortunately, unless I manage to get really creative. It does look like I can get a big 55 gallon drum pretty cheaply though so I'll keep thinking about it.

If you cry hard enough in the shower like I do , then you will pump up the salinity in the water.

Attached: JW3QiA5xnJbdLm0KSnC3TgnVUYUsUpdAwQiBsPRrWVRiJr_LfKwhRwT8V9ik95EEKuqN_hhSXQ=w394-h374-nc.png (394x374, 43K)

Reverse osmosis, but you can't have RO in your main line, you can only use filters on each outlet. You should be more worried about drinking (and watering plants with) overtly hard water, so you can use a RO filter with a remineralizer for your drinking needs. NEETS don't need hair anyway

WTF IS HAPPENING TO MY HAIR BIZ

THE PAST WEEK MY HAIR FALLS OUT OF MY HEAD WHEN I BRUSH MY FINGERS THROUGH IT. IN THE SHOWER, LIKE 10 HAIRS ARE IN MY HANDS AFTER IM DONE SHAMPOOING.

IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO BALD? OR DOES IT JUST STOP GROWING?

WHY IS MY HAIR FALLING OUT?

Attached: 1513303086088.jpg (456x320, 15K)

diet or something probably.

source: i get this too after a weekend of frozen pizzas and hamburgers for instance

Male pattern baldness usually means the hair just stops growing. If you are starting to have alot of hair fall out at once it's a bad sign, get it checked out.

t. Lost significant portions of my hair forever at 19 in less than a week

Wew lad
Dont give up

karma. let go of your hair. learn jainism, stop the vanity of vanities.

small ones make difference, but so drastic as big filters. also smaller things need to be replaced quite often, 2-4 weeks, while big can last for 3-6 months (depends on usage)
t. cannabis grower for 3 years, have seen some shit

I HAD TO MOVE BACK IN WITH MY MOMMY AFTER I WAS SKYNANCIALLY RUINED AND SHES BEEN COOKING ME THE BEST DIET IVE HAD IN YEARS
IM A NEET WITH NO INSURANCE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1517777609001.jpg (4128x2322, 2.18M)

What causes your hair loss?

Get a different showerhead
youtube.com/watch?v=lyZ41rgC07o