I'm a business degree fresh grad, now a minimum wagecuck. At a crumbling construction firm. Ask me anything

I'm a business degree fresh grad, now a minimum wagecuck. At a crumbling construction firm. Ask me anything.

Attached: IMG_20180806_020600.jpg (2220x1080, 259K)

I regret not going into IT instead of getting a masters in management

t. currently unemlpoyed

Does education help I’m 20 and trying to buy land for business ventures.. do I need a degree or will it waste my time and money?

Only high school diploma I got kicked out of college for being too lit

Depends on where you live. In some countries a college degree is a minimum requirement for employment. If you have money to buy land, invest on a business instead.

I feel the same. Should've went that path too.

Some of the ideas and tools are nice to have, but if you're planning on starting a business i'd focus 100% on basic accounting and maybe research some law too

if you know what you're legally allowed to do, what certificates you need and whatnot (even though most of this is simply learned through experience) and being able to do your own basic accounting and budgeting will help you immensely

doing a buisness plan can be done with basic googling, you don't need a degree to ask yourself those questions

I think thats a good chance to learn skill-based jobs. For me regret wasting too much in college. I should've picked up a skill like welding instead.

I totally agree with this. Learn what you need, invest your money and time wisely. What you learn in college is very minimal to what you will use in your work.

For me, I think I'll be stuck here for a while. I really wish I planned out my life better when I was younger.

It has opened up for me to apply for jobs i couldn't apply for without a degree, and i have people from my class who have landed great jobs, im bitter because i got far better grades than them and here i am as a neet now

maybe im autistic

Why haven’t you bought 0xBTC yet?

What do you tell your co-workers if they ask what you did before?

i'd get laughed out of the construction site if i told them i had a masters

>maybe im austistic
Maybe I am too, user. But I think I made the wrong choice of forcing myself into a job I don't want. I always end up going home sad and depressed. I always feel like a useless sack of shit after coming home from work. But I can't quit because I need the money to live.

I just tell them I used to work on a cold storage warehouse or something. I'm pretty sure I'd get laughed at too for wasting time in college with a useless degree.

judging by the time of day i'd assume you're a euro and don't have a crushing student debt with your bachelor, so at least that's something

Add a bit of coding to your portfolio of skills and you will get way better jobs. Coders dont understand business and finance and finance people struggle to understand code.

This is what im working on now. Especially since some of the administrative stuff out there is copying and pasting stuff from an excel sheet into an invoice or something

there is a mind boggling amount of office jobs that will go in the next 15 years due to automation

Nah, if I'm euro I should be earning more in this industry. I can confirm I don't have a crushing student debt tho.

what about people who aren't production coders, but still know about it and can write and talk about programming. I've learned quite a bit and routinely make macros and python and VB programs that end up saving my company a lot of money, but the idea of writing production code for a living makes me want to kill myself. I'm thinking about technical writing but it's just so hard to get into

imagine your sitution now with maybe 60k in student loans, how americans even cope with life long debt at 25 is beyond me

knowing development in general could also in the future make you able to branch out into project management because you know the lingo and you know the struggles of development

I know this feel I went for info sys and thought I was gonna be a code monkey but have 0 passion for coding. Now I’m the entire IT department for a company and it’s pretty damn comfy but doesn’t pay much. I’m still happier than being a code monkey tho.

That's really harsh. I guess I'm thankful to my parents for my education. I hope I can be more motivated on my job with that in mind.

>there is a mind boggling amount of office jobs that will go in the next 15 years due to automation
Not likely to be the case to such a degree, desu.
The more you see, the more you understand that copy/paste is not the majority of the job for many of those people. I quite often thought people to be completely retarded and in the end, many of them were very good at specific stuff or knew stuff we would never have considered.

>I've learned quite a bit and routinely make macros and python and VB programs
This is exactly, what I did - add a bit of knowledge in databases and you will have extreme leverage on raises. It also opens up the possibility to get into consulting, if you are not socially crippled.

Think I might try to get an online associates degree in like a year just to say I’m in college / yes I went to college lol and then have the proof.. these are cheap and I can do online classes on my own time anywhere.. I work nights so I have hours of nothing at a hotel

>add a bit of knowledge in databases and you will have extreme leverage on raises
this is especially true if your company is filled with inept boomers - which will often be the case, they for sure know if you leave not a single thing in the future will get automated, and if all the stuff you've done now stops working nobody will have the skills to fix them

I think it's not a bad idea. As long as you're not wasting too much time on it, you should be fine.

>tfw minimum wage chef at burger king

Attached: 1523251403009.png (882x758, 17K)