Help a brainlet store his stinky linkies

goys I have 20k linkies. I'm worried about the binance jew stealing them. What is the best way to store your coins outside of binance?

Attached: 1522934660526.jpg (1280x915, 87K)

how the fuck do you have 20k link and still not know basic shit like this? fuck you op, nobody tell him.

Send to a btc address to hide them.

make a new wallet with metamask
write down seed key, store one with you somewhere safe and one off site (safe deposit box) somewhere safe
transfer link to this wallet

this is actually the best idea.

Etherscan doesn't look at the quantity of tokens stored in bitcoin wallets, because there's so many BTC addresses now, there's so few using them for that function, and most tokens are generated from ETH crowdsales.
If you send them to a BTC address, no one will know they are there, the address will look absolutely empty (as long as you don't send it any BTC)
When it comes time to stake your node, you'll either give the address to the LINKpool operator, or you'll use the LINK client to extract them from the address. (So you can stake them, or send them to an exchange for selling)

this and checked

I hope you're dumb enough to blindly do what biz says op.

Suggest getting a nano ledger + my ether wallet. You use the nano to log in to mew.
I actually have half my link on their and left the other half on Binance in a (probably lame) strategy to split the risk. If some crazy shit happens and someone hacks my nano, at least I have the stuff on Binance. If Binance dude goes insane, and it turns out “funds are not safe” then I have the shit on the nano. Nano is like $100 last time I checked, so extremely cheap in the grand scheme.

I’m not really interested in investing in NANO after that Bitgrail hack.

Also, just in case it is not obvious, these dude telling you to send to BTC address are massively fucking with you — and you dudes are fucking douchebags btw, trying to screw over a fellow marine out of losing his stack.

It brings up another point too, though. If you have been storing on Binance, I’m assuming you don’t have much experience moving tokens off an exchange. A reminder to ALWAYS do a small test transaction first. Whenever I am using a new wallet, I ALWAYS send a transaction worth only a few bucks just to make sure everything is working. THEN, once you have verified, you can make a larger transaction.

Notsureifsrs.jpg but those are two TOTALLY different things. The nano CURRENCY and the nano ledger HARDWARE wallet have nothing to do with each other, other than the name “nano” which is greek for “really small”

Good guy. Listen to him OP, he’s right.

Kek shut up NANO penis kek

Buy a Trezor and don't do because you'll lose all your link. It's an ERC-20 token meaning you can send it to an Ethereum address (not Ethereum Classic or you'll lose it too).

It’s an ERC-677 Token but is still compatible

Only use the official ethereum wallet - Mist
Don't overcomplicate stuff.

It’s “compatible” with Ether address meaning you can store on an ether wallet. NOT compatible with BTC address

Everyone knows linkies are safest in the NEO wallet

Attached: 1506393069845.png (462x458, 177K)

correct answers. hiding them in a BTC address is your best bet

>not using Monero
>wanting criminal gangs to track you down for your $1k linkies

wow

MetaMask could be safe enough if you NEVER put your private key in your pc in plain text format nor image. But in all honestly, if you have 20k Link I'd just drop $99 to buy a hardware wallet. Nano Ledger S is pretty cool and I'm happy with it.

link is blockchain agnostic, any wallet will work to store your linkies securely