How do your countrymen (and you) cope with the thought that once you die you'll disappear forever and basically...

How do your countrymen (and you) cope with the thought that once you die you'll disappear forever and basically everything that you have done or want to do on this earth is pointless?
Obviously this question applies only to nonbelievers.

Attached: 1_Grim-Reaper[1].jpg (615x409, 28K)

god i wish that were me

it will be, but you have to suffer for a while. And for what?

>everything that you have done or want to do on this earth is pointless?

you make the point

Build huge triangles in the desert

We don't think about it mostly. But personally, I find it kind of poetic, this empty struggle devoid of reason, based on instinct. But I was always partial to absurdism.

Yeah existentialism, but you cant make any point survive your death. Since there wont be any you to make any points anymore.

Didn't know arabs were now copying egyptians.

who cares lol just enjoy the ride. Nothing will eventually survive so reject vanity

We are not Arabs. very few people in Egypt speak Arabic.

haha okay
I guess Copts are not.

Why would it be less pointless if I lived forever? I enjoy my life knowing one day it will be gone.

I'm afraid of dying but I'm not afraid of being dead if that makes sense

Yes the thing you cant indulge in constantly are more precious but doesnt it seem to you weird that you can only enjoy life for a few years and then are followed by an infinity of nothingness?

>>How do your countrymen
Get as much money as possible, then die
>>and you
I am quite glad I don't have to live through this several times

>infinity of nothingness
Which you won't ever experience

not really that weird for me as I had accepted it

That's the main problem for everyone, you can't be afraid if you don't exist. But the transition from existence to nonexistence is very scary for anyone that gives it enough thought. Religion can alleviate this if you have faith, it makes the transition much easier (even if there's nothing afterwards)
Who knows maybe religion is an evolutionary adaptation to the paradox of having the instinct ot live while also having the knowledge that death is inevitable.

Yeah thats a good point, you'll experience the slow decay of your body and the death of everyone you love (if you love anyone) before getting to that point though, seems like a pretty bad deal to me

I wish I believed in some form of afterlife. Can anyone comfort me

Was it weird for you before you were born? That's how it's going to be when you die.

Why should you be afraid? There is nothing you can do about it anyway.

they don't we have islam here
so you get 40 hookers are paid for life after you die

I wasn't alive before I was born. As I am now before death. That's the main difference and the main pain point. If you go from nonexistence to nonexistence nothing really changes and its all good. But if you go from existence to nonexistence in a universe that still has many things to show and which you'll never see again for eternity. It feels kinda bad

So what? What good is it to cry about it?

As for anything, there is no reason

Yes, reason will lead you to despair. That's why it's reasonable to abandon it. Or seek solace in despair.

at least I don't. I used to be paranoid about death when I was a child but I had accepted it.

You could always dedicate your life to some religion or technology in the hope of finding an answer to this, either path is just a coping mechanism for people who cannot accept death. It's best if you learn to cope with death as an integral part of existence and don't pay much attention to it.

I just have no accomplished much in life but I have been kind to everyone despite the world not giving me anything in return, it would suck if I suffered just to not exist. I don't even need a heavan or hell, there just has to be something

Yeah I guess acceptance is the only way to go in the end. But acceptance is easier for people who are not yet close to death since its still an abstract thought. I'll see what happens as I get older, most people turn to religion when they get older from what I've seen and I guess its because the fear gets bigger

Also fuck you for making me melancholic in the middle of the day. Now I'll have to listen to The Sunset Limited again.

>has to be something
Very childish reasoning

sorry bro, it just feels like we're all walking on thin ice you know. In the sense that we all have some razor thin reasons that help us cope with the inevitable and I wanted to see yours. Maybe someone can give us meaning but I doubt I'll find it here

Feels good man.

who cares about "accomplishments" or whatever? Even the "great" conquests of Alexander and the great inventors will be forgotten in less than 10 thousand years. It is all merely vanity. Also kindness is good for your own mental health and happiness so there is no need to desire return for something that makes yourself benefit. It's better for your own mentality if you act kind for the sake of it instead of some benefits from others.

quite true but my grandfather was an atheist even when he died because of cancer.

>some razor thin reasons that help us cope
On the contrary. Life has incredible momentum. Explanations are an afterthought, what keeps people from committing suicide is plain fear of pain, death and making big decisions. What we are doing right now is merely finding justifications to avoid a feeling of hypocrisy.

But that's the mentality which the most religious people have. It's hardly "childish" when most of the population thinks in that manner.

yeah there are people who stick true to their beliefs up until the end, ironically I'd think god would appreciate those that had the courage to stand by their (mistaken) belief more than those who took the cowardly way out and started ""believing"" in the last years before their death

I'm too drunk and incoherent to provide you with a proper response but I just want to say that I appreciated the paragraph you provided me with

Don't care lol

>It's hardly "childish" when most of the population thinks in that manner.
It is childish because it resembles a child who still thinks the world revolves around them.

Actually the bible says the exact opposite. A sinner that becomes reformed will have an entire chorus of angels singing their praise upon their triumphant return to heaven, whereas someone who believed their whole life is not as special because it's just in their nature, and less deserving of praise. God literally prefers sinners.

how do you know? Also if you are religious why do you believe in Jesus instead of Allah or some other random god?

somewhat this

That's true but most of the world's population thinks that way

Only country in existence today that will be remember forever is USA

how? We don't even remember names of neolithic empires

>most of the world's population thinks that way
So what? You can either be a cuck and go with the flow or just say those people are cowards/idiots/ill-raised and stand by it. It's not like they are going to listen anyway.

It is the most economic path in life, wasting your life on questions you will never have answered won't give you more time here and worrying about the answer is only going to make you miserable.

Yes there is an increasing intensity of these questions as you get older, but it can be overcome and understood.

It is childish because like children the preference for comfort takes precedence over logic. Philosophical considerations about creation is one thing, but the need for eternal existence is a coping mechanism for people who seek comfort in existence that may or may not have any direction.

*neolithic empires didn't exist but the point still stands

I kept realizing that on DMT and I haven't been the same since. DMT is what your brain releases when you die. I can't even describe what I felt, literally cannot be put into words. It was very scary. Now all I think about is that there is no point in anything because we all die and death is nothingness.

You people misunderstood the last post that I had made. It was more about the social conception of it instead of how I agree with it or not. Personally, I think it's bullshit that something has to be something or whatever but I just wanted to point out how many foolish people on the world still believe in that way. By the way I am not disagreeing with any of the points that you are making in your posts.

makes you realize how ridiculous everyone who - as alan watts put it - gets caught up in the "game" of life. I did acid once and I wish I could find it again or maybe dmt. It changed my outlook entirely. Most people spend years of their life running around chasing fake points called money. I work from home and every so often I wake up late and watch as people pile into their wage cages and sit honking angrily at each other in traffic just to get to some office box to make more money for the shareholders... crazy.

America and American policy has been shaping cultural and economic power since 1900 and shows no signs of slowing. Everyone remembers the great hyperpowers of old. The Roman's, the Greeks, the Persians. No one will remember the Australians.

one way I look at it is that its completely natural. and anything in my life thats been deeply biological and natural was never a bad thing (walking in the woods, pooping, eating fresh food, time with family).

those superpowers will all be eventually irrelevant in extra thousands of years.

>How do your countrymen (and you) cope with the thought that once you die you'll disappear forever
oh
i don't know about that

Attached: the art of racing in the rain.jpg (326x499, 23K)

As Shakespeare said, death is the greatest equalizer. Bill Gates, Bezos, Trump and us will both die and dissipate into nothingness.

No one's is afraid of death here, since we already live in hell

Hahahahahahaha hahahahaha hahahaha haha
Fucking f*rst wolders.

even if abstract idea of empires survives, why does that matter when we will all be dead?

there are places worse than russia

Holy moly that trippls.

t. Satan

Attached: evil-trio[1].jpg (800x520, 182K)

coping with death is a very old human tradition ranging back from the beginning of humanity

I know, just an explanation that something can be childish and still be present long into adulthood. Religion is one of those things, it is a childish way to look at these questions, and the reason is that people prefer comfort just like children.

It could be correct for all I know, but it's not a mindset you would apply to anything else in this world.

Enjoy being called a pussy.

why?

t. F*rst worlder.

that is not a very good explanation.

Eternal life sounds cooler, or atleast live like Wolverine from X-men is fine too.

Are you sure, eternity is a long time. You might get bored a few thousand years in, or maybe after a trillion or two, and you would have to do it forever.

eternal life would be cool if it ever gets invented but that would lead to you dying of cancer. Our body was designed to die and it will take tremendous change for us to become immortal.

I think it is good in every way and being happy man is really interesting, to compare with humans who live in shitholes do to their animal behavior and retardedness.
But fearing is bad.

I agree with your post. No need to be aggressive for no reason.

Wolverine healing ability what cancer are you talking about. Just don't inject into yourself adamantium and you will be fine.

if nothing matters then neither does the fact that I often embarass myself, feels good

I believe in my subhuman genes I'll pass on to the future generations
Hopefully they will defile as many wh*toids as possible

For example, there have been many researches in recent years that show how important our natural aging mechanism is to fighting against cancer cells. If we try to somehow remove that mechanism, our body will be riddled with cancer.

Imagine be nothing after death for eternity. That sucks in some part.

but you won't be feeling that

Cancer is not that bad, it can be removed. Degradation of cells is bad.

That is what I talking about. Like nothing. No feelings, no dreams, just nothing. Worst hell possible.

But how will you remove all parts of your body developing into spontaneous cancer and abnormal cells that can't function properly? You will probably kill yourself if you try to remove all of that kind of things. Degradation of cells had been a natural mechanism to keep them from creating abnormal cells as they get older and have more errors on their replication process.

But "yourself" wouldn't even exist for you to feel that. When there is no feeling, there is no misery and when there is no consciousness, you can't feel anything so you can't feel misery either.

The binary idea that life and death are two opposites and that life is good and death is bad is wrong. Death is life; it's a natural part of it the same as birth, and more like a grand final part of it than an end. There is no shame in death. It's only human.
Trying to extend one's life unnaturally, for comparison, is not. That's what religions and science often try to do (in form of a heaven, rebirth, medicine or advanced computers) and I think that's wrong. It's an integral part of the human experience--of being human--to come to terms with one's mortality and learn to accept it when it comes. Anything else is like cheating in life, like denying a part of it out of fear. A man should not be ruled by fear but conquer it, and accepting death is a very important part of that. A person who is not ready to die is like a child, trying to deny something that he doesn't want to see.

I consequently believe that suicide is one of the most powerful acts a person can do. If done for the right reasons (and not because of "I'm sad", or similarly) it's the final testament to a man's control over his own life and death. I would want to die by suicide one day. I know that I'm afraid of it now even after all, but I hope to one day reach a state where I can look death in the eye and not feel fear.
I believe that's the meaning of life. Unironically.

That's the point, I guess. We have to fight that by having children and making long lasting things

I bet you thought in your chink head that you sound smart but you just made a TL:DR post that boils down to
>UUUH ACTUALLY WE ALL DIE SO DEATH IS NATURAL
woah so impressive no wonder your people were stone age until sweden conquered you

I watched a documentary on Gates. People dont really appreciate how much luck is involved in successful entrepreneurship. The guy basically was asked by IBM if he could make an OS and he wasnt going to do it but later did. He was smart for sure but the whole project basically fell in his lap.

But how is science apart from nature? Aren't our actions already "natural" as we are part of nature itself? Is it unnatural if I extend my body's function through grabbing a bread from a supermarket? There is too much vague and ill-defined terms in your post.

Cancer don't do damage without trigger. Just like maggots only eat dead meat. Cancer don't damage healthy cells. Wolverine's healing factor can beat anything.

>basically everything that you have done or want to do on this earth is pointless

Not so. My legacy is in the lasting tangible contributions I left behind. I'm not some burger-shipping drone at McDonalds.

Your descendants won't even remember you.

don't bring up shitty nationalism and unrelated shit onto this thread

nigger

that's not much of a counterargument to anything I said. You are right in that I'm feeling pretty smart right now though.

yeah well I'm not a philosopher. That's just my personal thoughts regarding the topic. I'm not trying to convert you.

If you are talking about fictional characters they operate in their internal logic so they are free from all the limitations they had described.

Why do you think god created life? Maybe because it will be eternal hell without it. Or something like that.

am I supposed to be offended by that or realize that you are a subhuman brainlet?

I wasn't trying to be aggressive but I was just trying to share my opinions on your post

There is no reason to claim God created life so I believe that life was created through series of chemical reactions.

Also if there is no life,

Wolverine healing factor does exist just like telekinesis. X men isn't fictional. Deadpool story based on true events.

>Obviously this question applies only to nonbelievers.
They're almost nonexistent on this island.