How badly did I fuck up Jow Forums?
>be 26
>save up around 20k
>decide to buy manufactured home like pic related
>came with new washer dryer fridge etc
>32k. put down half, spend 4k filling out the space in it with good stuff
>2 bed 1.5 bath, 1200 square feet
>pay about 350-400 month for all utilites/lot
>show coworkers and shit all the pictures of the inside they think it is awesome
>handegg going on so decide to invite some of them over to watch the game on sunday
>give some my address they look it up
>user wtf this is like a trailer park shit lol, why the fuck do you live there?
>explain it's cheap as shit and I was able to pay off all debt I had in about a year as well as a good amount in savings plus I fully own the home now
>"yeah but like... it's a trailer park thing..."

What the shit? It beats an apartment I was paying almost 1100/month for, besides in about 4 years I'll have about 250k saved up while being able to travel and such. I also don't have to worry a damn about student loans or working till 65 to pay off my house; I could just out right buy one in a few years.

Attached: cbd1ecbb-19a7-4d4d-9a5b-baca1bf663b4.jpg (500x333, 32K)

who cares, now you can save a ton and they won't. besides, those NPCs don't matter. you probably won't even be friends with them in 4-5 years.

No excuses user, you're living in a trailerpark and that makes you white trash. Get a real home.

You did good, fuck your coworkers, but in my opinion you should've bought an empty plot of land somewhere and placed the house there. It would've raised costs but you wouldn't live in a trailer park.
They literally only care because they feel pressured by the negative connotations of living in a trailer park.
>"yeah but like... it's a trailer park thing..."
Is basically saying "People judge others for living here, why aren't you insecure about it?"
Prime example

Why should I buy a 3 bed room 2 bath place for 200k+ when likely I will be the only one occupying it for a while? I get the future planning and all is a thing, but holy damn if i can live in this for a few more years I'll have 0 debt and the ability to just buy a home without a mortgage.

I have 0 debt as of now which is a shit load better than most anyone my age or under 30 can say.

Manufactured homes depreciate in value almost as much as automobiles.

Yeah u trailer park fag lol grats

I looked for a lot but in my area I'd have to live far far outside the city talking 90+ minute commute to work average.

I'm guessing I'll only get about 40% tops of what I bought it at but that's still better than the absolute 0 price I would get for apartment resell

I think you made the right choice. Your normie friends are just trying to keep up appearances, but in reality they don't own shit. You will make the long gains while they will be debt cucks.

Sorry I don't talk to trailer trash.

Well it's a good thing his modular home cost about the same as an automobile

Looking forward to your rent payment next week, goy.

Attached: landlord.jpg (1600x1201, 186K)

Yeah I get that feeling more and more. At 35 if i continue living in it I would have a projected 600k+ saved up. I could easily gear it down work a part time gig and live comfortable if I wanted to while investing it properly with my bank. Shit I could travel the world with ease if i wanted to, then just return home for random contract work or odd part time gigs for extra cash

"It's a trailer park thing" is something only a person living among the 1% would say. Don't be fazed by it. In the eyes of 99% of the world you are doing the right thing: living modestly in order to pay back your debts.

You're only 26 man, think about it - you are one of the few people at this age that actually owns their own home.

>buy a trailer park
>fill it with prefabs
>rent/lease them out
Just a thought. One of the wealthiest guys I know owns multiple trailer parks.

The user lives on a trailer park

Attached: laugh.png (600x580, 360K)

>bought a trailer
>watches football
>did i fuck up
This is all bait, has to be.

Don't think i would buy a park, but I am considering renting out a room to one of my friends. He would pay about 450/month which would basically cover everything but my internet connection. The one thing I do think is shit about these places is that the internet providers often don't give a shit and getting shit like 50/5 is 90bucks a month.

What's wrong with watching football?

You did good user.

If anything, (because you mentioned something about buying another home), I say dont and instead use that money (your co-workers wont have) to try to find ways to generate passive income.

Look specifically into alibaba manufacturing (not just reselling/dropshipping, too saturated now), and amazon FBA.

Try to think of a cool toy or something, maybe kickstart it. Listen (even if ironically) to that 4-hour work week Tim Ferris stuff etc. All these are now stuff you can do, and they can't.

Time to begin your life as an entrepreneur and leave the workers behind to pay their lolmortgage.

Attached: 1537297406575.jpg (713x687, 34K)

Fucking comfy user
Post moar pics
You will save a lot of money on cheap meth and used up stripper thots.

The only problem, however, many of those chinksheds are hazardous for health.
The PVC evaporates toxic substances such as formaldehyde.

Let me guess
>housing is too expensive
>no I won't live in a trailer park

Attached: blet2.jpg (474x464, 19K)

>what’s wrong with obsessing over sweaty bbc working out in tight pants
Bait confirmed. Thanks man.

buy a plot of land dumbfuck. paying hundreds a month for a trailer park slot. that's not "payed off" dummy

Don't be trash talking around these parts, bucko or you'll find yourself laying face down next to a mattress.

Attached: 1537542353357.png (624x951, 891K)

fuck em op

by the time they buy their first house at 35 you will be on your third in a nicer neighborhood

basically my idea is this
>hit 30, projected 250k in savings
>decide if now is a good time to buy or wait
>if wait, invest 50k into 3-5 year investments
>quit job take 40k out and travel the world for a 18-24 months(obviously not flying first class or staying in hiltons)
>return only losing 6k/year if I didn't lease out a room to a friend
>reevaluate housing market, get contract IT work in the mean time to refill bank account back up
>continue to wait for a time to jump on a good house deal and save

I would but the lot includes electricity, water, waste, and basic internet (like 3/1), so in that aspect it's pretty decent deal. Like i said I would want a plot of land but the only areas that allow for me to do that are well out of my comfort zone for a commute. Really would rather not deal 1 hour to work and 1 hour back from work per day.

this

renting land is just about as bad as renting an apartment

Again, for the things included in that cost and location it's good enough. Yeah a plot of land would be ideal but not all neighborhoods/locations allow for things like manufactured homes to be built; not to mention my city/area is known for a fuck load of HOA's

My brother bought one for 7k and just sold it for 30k after about 5 years

You did well user. Most young age have no idea about saving money. When they get 40 they are crying. Then you live in a nice house, they live in a REAL trailer park.

ur fine mate. Thats a piece of shit ugly home but having a patch of dirt to come home to while you stash up (and learn some design) will serve you well in the long run. Godspeed, I wish you well.

Attached: 988.jpg (1020x1020, 744K)

>in my opinion you should've bought an empty plot of land somewhere and placed the house there.
Have you ever looked into actually doing that? You can't. The Zoning Jew won't allow it. Anywhere. You're forced to pay rent at some kike-owned park instead of plopping a trailer down in some lot you can pick up for just a few thousand dollars anywhere.

Even those cuckshed "tiny homes" are illegal if you just drop one on the corner of a friend's property.

Coincidentally.

Yeah zoning kills it for a lot of places I'd actually want to live in. I'd have to live outside the city and commute in daily, just not worth it when you add up the total costs.

It sucks but 400/month is easily doable even with a min wage job if the bottom drops out.