Do people in Quebec ever use imperial units...

Do people in Quebec ever use imperial units? I know Canada uses metric but they (Anglo Canadians) also seem to use imperial units pretty freely

Attached: 800px-Flag_of_Quebec.svg.png (800x533, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unités_de_mesure_anglo-saxonnes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BUMP

We use both as well.

How do you say them in French?

the only thing qu*becois could use is a bullet

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unités_de_mesure_anglo-saxonnes

Gonna need more than one to kill the anglo scum.

This is how Canadians measure things

Attached: e8f2dqu4qlk31.jpg (681x731, 60K)

Interesting. Do Quebeckers do this, too?

hmm...i think it's time to run the conquest of 1760 over again

Non, seulement les idiots les utilisent.

For what?

Pls answer seriously

Yes.

Supermarkets use pounds for fruit and pool depth being measured in feet is also a thing.

Imbécile!

lel

suck it pierre

Attached: imbecil.jpg (680x908, 123K)

where's the one with the guy who gets his hand cut off?

Yes I can confirm
It might vary by age however and we don't use all units. For example my grandmother would know what feet and inches are but has no idea what a yard is. She would not knows any metric at all for length, except kilometers.

Just for reference. Pretty much everyone born after the Quiet Revolution knows both systems but for the comparison to a known size its better to use one or the other. For example we use metric for lengths but if you were to ask someone's height he will use imperial, because we just have a better reference for it, to say what is short or tall. The reason is purely historical, what people used made standards to refer to and its hard to change these.

Yes, in my experience for height and weight. I'm an autist who adamantly refuses to use non-imperial units though.

Also, in many areas of engineering and in industry in general (e.g. in machining shops), North American (i.e. US) conventions/norms/standards are used, meaning that everything is in imperial units.

What's a machining shop?
Why does it vary by age? Do young ppl use more metric?

It can be many things, but typically a place where they machine (e.g. with a lathe) steel parts following a mechanical drawing. Generally speaking, anywhere in USA+Canada (including Quebec) the dimensions in those drawings will almost always be in inches.

Before the revolution we used to have very similar units to the british imperials. We had 'livres' (pounds) or 'pieds' (feet).

The british pound (the currency) is still called 'livre' in France.

Combien y a t'il de graines de pavot carrées dans une charruée?