What is EOS?

This is not a LARP I didn't get my phone out in time to record the interaction but some clearly coked up guy (clean shaven not scummy) came up to my on the way back from a night out and told me to 'buy as much EOS as you can mate' and handed me a couple tenners like really insisted I got freaked out and looked it up when I got home and I bought some. Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20180922-012403.png (720x1280, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sonatasys.com/eosio.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm in London city centre with some mates if that's useful info

> sonatasys.com/eosio.shtml

pic related

Attached: dapps_Landscape.png (1600x1600, 1.55M)

Ethereum On Steroids

EOS hackathon tomorrow, sold out.

Nice try, you tried that shill tactic already

you can never have enough EOS threads.

throw your FUD at me.

Every 'dapp' on eos right now is fully editable by contract owners, making the whole thing fundamentally pointless.

Imagine having so small of a brain that you can't conceive of the value in apps that can't be censored or regulated by governments and ISP's, but can still be moderated to keep things like CP off of them.

Attached: brainlet1.png (645x729, 77K)

without this everipedia wouldn't be possible.

21 nodes, mostly on the cloud, provide zero censorship resistance.
It's literally equivalent to a server. They can do anything.

EOS is a double-edged sword: Using 21 active block producers has many advantages, including low-latency DApps that scale; however, having only 21 active block producers is a temptingly small number of entities to corrupt, susceptible to collusion. For the ecosystem to thrive long-term, stakeholders must vote carefully and frequently to establish a widely distributed, independent set of block producers that are technically solid, ethically sound and independently funded, preferably with a mixture of cloud / baremetal infrastructure.

>21 nodes, mostly on the cloud
No, most of them run on their own hardware. I think we found ourselves a redditor here.

>provide zero censorship resistance.
The only way to censor content on the chain is to convince at least 16 of the 21 block producers who are spread throughout 10+ different legal jurisdictions to censor it. This makes it easy to censor obviously bad things like CP and black markets, but effectively impossible to censor (((offensive))) or political content.

EOS bridges the gap between decentralization and actual usability that's required for actual mainstream adoption. You ideological zealots really aren't half as smart as you think you are if you don't see a market for this .

Good work

EOS will go up but not as much as store of value currencies like xmr or btc. EOS will retain some value because of the need to reserve network resources; however, the nodes, developers, and community are incentived to increase the availability of network resources if the price gets too high so that more dapps can run. A better buy than most crypto, but not as good as xmr.

Once the REX token is implemented and people can lease their tokens out/collect dividends for staking, network resource costs will be completely detached from the EOS token's price. In other words, the token will have more HODL incentives, the circulating supply with drop drastically (because of more people staking), and developers will be able to use the network without taking on the market risks of owning their own tokens.

>the founder and his cult members are living in puerto rico decentralizing puerto ricans recovery (kek wtf) while making new bracelets and hippy burning man accessories on the beach
i'm going all in

Hollywood pedo money man was fired by block.one in like February.

I am glad to see anons on here that understand the topic so well. I often feel like a broken record explaining why ETH is flawed when it comes to decentralized dapps.

>a stranger hands you money
>not a larp

Attached: 1531627077655.png (224x225, 4K)

>censor obviously bad things
Fuck off

>write twitter dapp
>people spam it with CP
>normies will surely use it now
wow great system there user, you're a marketing genius