Why do Chinese students have more trouble learning/speaking Japanese than westerners? Shouldn't it be easier for them...

Why do Chinese students have more trouble learning/speaking Japanese than westerners? Shouldn't it be easier for them? I did attempt to learn Mandarin while I was a high school student, but I would say it's too difficult of a language to learn (I even wonder if actual Chinese people can even communicate with each other). Back on topic, at my university, in my Japanese language class half the class are Chinese students (mainland) and none of them are able pronounce things correctly/form sentences/read/etc. Is there a linguistic reason for this? Is it the crudeness of the Chinese language being incompatible with learning languages that demand structure?

Attached: fa.gif (448x252, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHC3i6N9Wvk
youtube.com/watch?v=JB2ZCa2arqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

chinese is more about pronunciation, than japanese and japanese is more closer to korean

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=aHC3i6N9Wvk
youtube.com/watch?v=JB2ZCa2arqA

>Why do Chinese students have more trouble learning/speaking Japanese than westerners?
Typical American opinion "I'm right because I think so!"
I see a lot of Chinese/Taiwanese profs speak Japanese well on TV while Western people barely speak Japanese fluently even they are supposed to be profs.

they might not be able to pronounce but they understand meaning of written sentences better than whites because of kanji knowledge

>but they understand meaning of written sentences better
why do you think so?

>Why do Chinese students have more trouble learning/speaking Japanese than westerners?
they speak Japanese pretty fluently, as for Chinese students their Japanese is scandis' English tier

is this a sarcastic question? if not because of the chinese characters (kanji) both countries use them but japan has less of them

It's hanzi desu

I honestly didn't read anything else ITT and thought that he was saying that knowing Chinese characters improve reading comprehension

they have same meaning but they are read differently

Asians speak weird lol

Attached: anglo on asian speakers.jpg (639x724, 164K)

t. incomprehensible crypto-slav

t. monolingual brainlet

>slightly

I doubt that Japanese grammar is hard (at least of you speak agglutinative language). Only real problem is that cancerous writing system and multiple readings.

I'm trilingual actually

English, American and Negro-American?

>My anecdotal experience is statistical fact

Because japanese Kanji are literally chinese ideograms and retain the original meanings, you faggot

Japanese has clear sounding syllables like German and both are easy to learn.
Chinese is like a polish man who fell in toilet then had sex with cockroach and his 543th generation descendants came back to Earth's surface

>millions of chink/gook diaspora live in japan

Attached: 1559549884873.png (840x854, 434K)

I took a Japanese class in college and the teacher said that he took a historical Chinese poetry class and outperformed the Chinese students because Japanese kanji is based on a less modern form of Chinese. Is this true?

It's true that Japanese use characters that resemble closer traditional characters, but she was probably exaggerating. In fact a lot of the simplified Chinese characters were just imported and copied from the Japanese simplification (shinjitai), which is still significantly simple compared to traditional characters used in Taiwan.

In many cases Japanese preserves the meaning of the character from classical Chinese which has become obsolete in modern standard Chinese.

For example, the Japanese use 走 to write the verb はしる "hashiru," meaning "to run," which is the character's original meaning in classical Chinese (it began as a pictogram of a running man with the radical for "foot" beneath). But in modern Chinese the meaning of the verb 走 "zǒu" has become "to go" or "to walk."

Anglisch, Gook, Chink

thanks frens

what a strange thread, chinese learn japanese much easier than anybody else. getting the n1 in a year is a common goal, something essentially impossible for an english speaker.

I can't even imagine how many misconceptions and how much lack of knowledge went into making this thread, or how so many replies didn't point out that the entire premise is completely wrong

I heard that 15% of the Japanese population is Korean/Chinese, is that true?

meanwhile there's you, a westener sexpat living in japan who gets mad whenever he sees another westener sexpat or anybody not japanese because he wants to be the only one

you invaded their land first, it's only payback lol

Probably for the same reasons that Japanese(beginners) can read Chinese well but their pronunciation is terrible

>tried to learn vietnamese because it's an asian language that uses the latin alphabet
>managed to read it somewhat well but couldn't speak or listen to it because tonal languages are incomprehensible to you
>vietnamese people said I sounded like a little kid when I tried to speak it

You were trying to get prostitutes?