Why don’t most other countries have suburban McMansions and big SUVs. Why is it mostly an American thing

Why don’t most other countries have suburban McMansions and big SUVs. Why is it mostly an American thing

Attached: 312EE368-BF77-4AB6-8804-626A3E7E2505.jpg (659x386, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

autotalli.com/artikkeli/vuoden-2018-myydyimmat-autot---katso-30-suosituinta-mallia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Our houses are reflective of the traditional house building methods used for centuries that in turn reflect the material and space available.
Our cars are also reflective of the smaller streets that used to be for horse and carriage transport.

We never had so much space to begin with. Houses build today are bigger than ever but don't come close to half a mcmansion.

Our urban planning is a literal carbon copy of yours aside from the better public transit

it's unironically too expensive anywhere else in the world, only americans have so much disposable income and are able to afford these luxuries

Most other cultures have an aversion to such wasteful behavior.

this wastefulness trope is some of the biggest cope i've ever seen

>Most other cultures have an aversion to such wasteful behavior.
as if. euros would be delighted to have huge comfy houses. I know because I've actually lived in europe. it's too expensive.

mcmansions would never pass inspections here, though we too do have some cookiecutter prefabs. nissan quashqais, bmw x-series etc are very common here, so I wouldnt say the EU is exempt from the SUV meme.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1600x900, 1.06M)

AYO HOL UP
>throws all of his trash into one bin to be dumped into the ground or shipped to china
YOUS BE SAYIN
>drives a 20 year old truck that gets 5km/l
WE BE WASTEFUL N SHIEET?
>eats nothing but beef shipped from another continent and raised in the ashes of rainforests

you have cheap land and cheap fuel and you are rich

Nissan Qashqai is literally the most popular new car in Finland in 2018:
1. Nissan Qashqai
2. Skoda Octavia
3. Toyota Yaris
4. Volkswagen Golf
5. Toyota Auris
6. Ford Fiesta
7. Volvo XC60
8. Ford Focus
9. Volkswagen Polo
10. Toyota Avensis

autotalli.com/artikkeli/vuoden-2018-myydyimmat-autot---katso-30-suosituinta-mallia

nobody gives a shit about wastefulness, they are limited by their income.

minimalism (and functionalis) is an actual thing in the nordics, not so much the wastefulness as the swede is interpreting it. both produce minimal things though, so it's easy to confuse the two.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1200x800, 205K)

>some goblin is calling scandis poor
lol they could buy your shithole you fucking retard

minimalism is also popular in California, because rent and housing is so ridiculously expensive that people no longer buy things.
we make more money than Swedes

and spend it instantly on schooling and healthcare

Attached: whatamireading.gif (377x289, 3.41M)

Everything in America is much, much cheaper than in the rest of the world

Attached: American prices.jpg (3000x4000, 2.97M)

damn 49 cents for milk, god I wish that were me.
I have to pay $3.50 for a gallon

no. If I get paid $60,000 /year and I pay 25% taxes then I have $45,000 left. Swedes make $50,000/year but pay ~40% tax, so they have $30,000 left. The swede doesn't have to pay for healthcare or schooling because he's already paid for it in taxes, and I have not, so you can take another $10,000 from me. in the end I have $5,000 more than the Swede does.

>Why did i give myself more income than the Swede
because it reflects reality

Attached: gdp per capita.png (388x898, 33K)

minimalism and functionalism have always been the very core of nordic design, regardless of wealth. finland, like other nordics, has abundance of space to build on, yet people still prefer to build functional rather than excessive. flashy overstated and obnoxious has never been part of the nordic mentality. we never had the same kind of urge to sugarcoat and overdo stuff as you do, rather we're more focused on executing the basic principles in a meaningful way and prefer to invest in quality and longetivity over flashiness and quantity. i know it's hard to grasp that people from elsewhere might have different mindsets about things, but that's jsut how it is. pic is another of our prefab cookiecutter houses.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

That's a decently large house though, and it has a nice garage in the back.

but it's still very minimalistic, especially in comparison to tacky mcmansions.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (640x422, 108K)

you're talking about aesthetics, not wastefulness

McMansions look like shit

i already said it has little to do with wastefulness, but it's a natural byproduct of the typical designs used here.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1000x794, 86K)

well i dont disagree

And we know how healthy the standard American diet is

modesty is a virtue and your wastefulness goes against our notion of efficiency.

>Why is it mostly an American thing
American consumerism implemented by the likes of Edward Bernays

but it's also true that germans are envious people

LOL

because America has huge amounts of income inequality, the average swede is still wealthier than the average american.

no. the average swede is much poorer than the average america. but the wealthy americans are incredibly wealthy and far outpace other countries, and the very poor in america get shit on. you'll understand why america uses that system once you import enough of the 3rd world.

Europeans can’t handle the Americhad way

fine, the -median- swede is much wealther than the average american you troublesome leaf

We kinda do.

guess again. median wealth in sweden is far lower than america. it's true that mean wealth is much, much higher. but median wealth is 50% higher in the US than sweden. mean wealth is nearly double.

Attached: no.png (627x972, 109K)

You have more space. A house here cost a million many people prefer to spend that money in other ways. SUV are pointless

Kek the cope is real

Rest of the world isn't as fat as you.

Our neighboorhoods are more varied with trees and forest. Mcmansions only have a plot of lawn in front in the middle of a desert.

Attached: 494_531502091.jpg (1200x749, 273K)

McMansion is the McDonald's of architecture.

Rest of the world moved on long ago.

Attached: villa-ypsilon-peloponnese-lassa-pinterest-roundups-architecture-residential-greek-island-homes_dezee (2364x2364, 1.23M)

Imagine just walking over that roof

Seems like it would be really dark inside.

We have strong tenant rights and rent controls, it's basically impossible to evict someone as long as he pays the rent. All rental contracts are indefinite and have no expiration. This makes taking on a mortgage and owning property (with its liabilities) less appealing.

we aren't called europoors for no reason

Attached: 1568661159812.png (882x872, 114K)

It's in Greece, that means over 40° during summer.

Attached: vila-ypsilon-01.jpg (1024x546, 120K)

I’ve seen these in Canada

that’s up to the person though. You can choose to be healthy or not

based af