Skycoin Bestcoin

I honestly cannot contain my excitement. Thank you so much for introducing me to this coin Jow Forums.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-22 at 1.50.31 AM.png (919x566, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/smart-contracts-described-by-nick-szabo-years-ago-now-becoming-reality-1461693751/
fon.hum.uva.nl/rob/Courses/InformationInSpeech/CDROM/Literature/LOTwinterschool2006/szabo.best.vwh.net/smart_contracts_2.html
whiteboard.ping.se/SDR/WSPR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think my grandpa had one of those things

I'm waiting for a fork or a similar project to launch. The premise behind sky is awesome. But people like synth are absolute cancer to the crypto scene. I am unwilling to support such lunatics with any of my Satoshis.

Yeah, back when every company didn't have their cock up your grandfather's ass servings ads to his colon.

Ain't going to happen. The reason they're keeping their consensus method under wraps is to make a portion of it proprietary since projects in the crypto space are killed by cut/paste idiocy. (rip Monero)

He’s weird but onto something. Crypto is filled with lunatics. I’m gonna buy a bag.

It's gonna happen sooner or later. The idea is out there, and this is one of the lesser saturated areas of crypto. There will be similar projects who will come out ahead. There is money to be made in a new market and trust, someone will step in to fill the void and learn from all mistakes SKY has made and adapt.

I respect synth for being a crazy genius. But I do not respect his leadership or approaches. He is unhinged, and I do not want a project to rely on someone like that.

his name is brendan smietana. don't use a play fake name, or you're just buying into his delusions

We're in crypto, I'd rather use someone's pseudo(nym) as intended in this scene. Go ask Szabo or Satoshi.

Eh, suit yourself. I assume you're talking about the community, which isn't the same as the dev teams.

Brandon. He used that before being more of a public face to the project. Settle down.

Okay.
I will always do that now.

satoshi was anonymous brendan is not
no reason to use a joke name unless you want to be seen as a joke

SKY has a decent community. Like I said before it's a awesome project but it has poor execution and even worse leadership. I have been following it since Feb, got banned twice om telegram by sudo just for asking questions.

There is a difference between a nym and and anonimity. A nym can be purposed to carry someone's real identity yet convey a broader picture of someone's intentions. Read Szabos paper on smart contacts from 1996. I can link it if you want.

Jesus Christo, it's literally a toy for people that have egos. Hey look at me, look at how smart I am with "My First Antenna®' Sad!

Attached: 1537137008610.gif (500x493, 631K)

Cool, well, you can stick with the legacy internet if you like. In six months we'll be using these toys to earn passive income while we play poker with each other and laugh as we watch more and more stories roll out about how corporations and governments abuse online citizens.

you said that 6 months ago.
he exit scammed and you pretended like you didn't just lose 90% of your money overnight

next time won't be any different, i assume

You have to actually exit in order to exit scam. Dude's still around and still producing hardware. It's literally the image for the thread, brainlet.

I bought at $9, but I bought much more at $2.

Agreed, a fork would be a bull sign.
Also the fact that there is no competition is worrying. Look at all the big crypto concepts, you have multiple companies coming up with their own twist on a practical idea. When you have a concept that is supposed to be revolutionary and gain widespread adoption then you should have multiple startups fighting for market share, if it's not practical then you won't.

Like when you hear of some lone guy comes up with a revolutionary cheap energy machine but no company is interested in buying it because it can't be demonstrated to them in lab conditions.

you're impressed by attaching a motor to an antenna and making it spin in circles?
100% worthless

A fork by some telecom engineer boomers from the dot com days would be absolutely great. Considering how wet they were getting about mesh tech back then I am dumbfounded that they are nowhere to be found in Crypto on projects which offer mesh and anything in relationship to breaking apart the internet. Maybe it is too early, but I'll eat my own shit if there's not a fork or actual serious competition for SKY within now and 1 year. The premise of the project is great, but it needs professionals at the wheel. Over time the tides may turn for SKY but rebuilding a tarnished reputation is easily overshadowed by competition with a better looking and sounding idea.

this is hilariously shit, I feel sorry for anyone who's still in sky, but none of you seemed to care dropping from $40 to $2 so

this project is so laughably stupid

>Two pieces of tape attached to a metal bowl with entry level motors

A B S O L U T E

S T A T E

Attached: 1530676333190.jpg (1692x1167, 358K)

Now that I look at it, is it me or is the half sprocket the wrong way around?
Shouldn't the semicircle be opposing the belt so that more teeth are engaged with the sprocket? The way it is the in picture you are only getting teeth engaged near the edge, this would lead to a lack of control, a stress raiser in that area and teeth wearing/skipping excessively until failure.
Why have sprockets on both sides if there is only one motor?
And the belt has been cut and then overlapped at the bottom left of the motor.

Even for a prototype it is very sloppy.

Attached: 1537599103551.png (919x566, 478K)

it looks like a popcorn machine

I wonder how many autists will accidentally kill thenselves trying to install these on their parents roofs.

You’re right. Maybe it’s deliberately designed terribly to filter out anyone half way intelligent from buying one so the my can zone in on the hardcore retards and milk them for all they’re worth. I wonder if they’ll try the same scam of charging people in btc to buy these but then offering a ‘rebate’ in sky then plummeting the price just before the rebates are due resulting in people effectively paying thousands of dollars for a piece of shitware

5gz antennas already exist no need to make them out of scrach

I was about to buy some orange pi primes and start putting together a Skyminer.

The FUD ITT makes me feel like it will be a waste of time :(

>buys sky antenna for 1k$
>installs on roof
>antenna does 360 spin
>'no other ponzi antennas found'
Not fudding, I'm a DIY miner runner myself, but it's really hard for me to imagine how you can kick this satellite project off unless you know a bunch of people living nearby who are also willing to invest in this.

Attached: images(2).jpg (225x225, 8K)

What's the point? in a few years we have 5G in most cities and in a decade or so Elon is gonna enable satelite internet for everybody.

>hurr durr buy skycoin to push the price
fuck off simpleton

Attached: fa497f252fe814b6b003a5b31efebe1a.jpg (400x422, 19K)

Exactly. There are also a bunch of other mesh projects which could easily launch their own shitcoin since they already have the infrastructure and trust.

the shitcoin is the least valuable link in the chain

These are centralized ISPs, you can't count on them to keep the net neutral even if they wanted to do it.

>these toys to earn passive income while we play poker with each other and laugh as we watch more and more stories roll
this isn't how reality works. in reality you'd be outworked and thrown out of the market in 2-5 years with that attitude

you're right about this but this is more a problem of creating a really competitive framework. shit like this only works due to defacto monopolies. with satelites this won't be the case anymore

My point is that if a government wants to censor/monitor the internet activity, it's much easier to extort a centralized ISP than a meshnet.

But Skycoin is centralised too. You’re just replacing one isp for another. If as an user suggested in this thread they’ll make their code proprietary then not only will they be centralised but they won’t even be open source...

Did they provide working demo or is this some bullshit concept?

>they won’t even be open source...
That would be a death sentence, they're not that stupid. So far their code has been open source.

>still no consensus algorithm

Skycoin is designed to be more decentralized than any other cryptos today. consensus nodes will be low barrier to entry, no direct financial incentive to centralize consensus nodes, coin supply is released slowly over time to inhibit whales, meshnet infrastructure incentives are all geared toward decentralization, fiber projects get their own blockchain making them independent. This project is based on lessons learned from Bitcoin and Ethereum and significant improvements have been made and are fully implemented and active. If you want to fork Skycoin, do it today. Start any fiber blockchain project and that is a fork with its own independent blockchain.

Not all of us buy high and sell low, silly daytrader.

You can see the way that each sprocket piece fits to the dish. Positioning makes sense to make room for the dish and this thing is only making occassional adjustments, no need to overengineer and drive the cost up.

These are designed with the most commonly available parts so that it's easy to repair/replace/build.

They no longer like that method of sales since it leads to too much dumping.

None that are cheap, with auto-adjusting motors, widely available parts and modular design.

I've already got eight family/friends that I'm going to start providing service for with these. All it takes is one person with a decent internet connection and the rest of these houses are paying me $20/mo for internet.

Hmm, and after all this time none of them have started their own. I wonder why.

We actually get shit done. We're almost up to the same number of nodes Freenet has built in ten years after only four months.

As I understand it the device should be as cheap as possible for distribution. Why should you use anything fancy and expensive if you can do the same thing 90% cheaper?

>satellites
lol, okay, good luck with that latency

The testnet is working, you can connect to other miners easily.

Existing wifi antennas works on the tesnet, they're still prototyping their own in-house antennas.

I could already do this 10 years ago without the need for a blockchain.

Yeah, and you all worked off a shitty LAN setup. This can mix strangers in and function in a trustless manner.

PROBABLY CHARGE 1BTC FOR IT TOO THE FUCKEN WANK AHAHAHA

at this point im more impressed at the retards that buy into this nonsense than angry at the fuckwits scamming em

yeh and all you need is an existing internet connection.

genius!

At the start, sure. But not at the end.

Attached: Skywire adoption plan.jpg (1280x791, 156K)

feel free to explain how you will manage to get people connected to the internet without either becoming an isp, or using one and adhering to federal and state telecommunications laws of multiple countries. do you have an info graph for that?

Ever been in an airport and there's a wifi gateway? Like that. Individuals taking fiat or crypto on a payment page that normies access. Simpler than what they use now.

Infographic explains why the law can't do much about consumer grade wifi on private property.

Attached: 1533747030308.png (5334x6620, 1.71M)

>Thank you so much for introducing me to this coin Jow Forums.
Kek.

that wifi is being provided service by an ISP you fucking idiot

you need to either become your own ISP, which mean skycoin wont be decentralized or use an ISP which means youre basically a glorified exit node and the rules will apply to you regardless what you think

blahblahblahblah its all just fucken filler mate none of it has any technical merit its just marketing buzzwords

>become your own isp
If you mean that people will become independent operators, that's not really the same as being an ISP and doesn't come with the same legal restrictions.

If you need help with any of the challenging words, I can explain them for you.

Attached: aoac-v2.jpg (1740x1740, 1.49M)

kek, LAN setup 10 years ago? Zoomer detected. You could buy a antenna and distribute a mesh through WiFi over a huge area 10 years ago and have people pay through a custom DDWRT by any means of payment if you were inclined to. Even strangers. Such a setup probably is a lot more accessible friendlier than SKY.

BTW, in Europe, many mayor ISPs already do this by offering a secondary paid guest access network on routers where you can pay with prepaid cards. A stranger can use your WIFI. Many ISP's have this as an opt-out function, and these connections pop up pretty much in any neighborhood I am in (in my city).

>the best coin
>Isn't decentralized after 6 years of development
>Doesn't have a consensus algo released after 6 years of development
>Has some internet routers and raspberry pi's released that are sold to imbicils at a 100x markup
>Be your own ISP
>litterly have to conenct to existing ISPs and forward data packages from them making it nothing more than plain inefficient.
>Synth has a cult-like following that parot every word he repeats
>Telegram is ruled by some WoW faggot that didn't get enough attention from his father.
>COin is down over 70%
>highest volume it ever saw was when the devs dumped their preminded scambags on the community

Yes yes, I'm sure it was very secure and it worked wonderfully, which is why it really took off and people started adopting it in their homes over the past ten years. Oh wait.

You're fuding Skycoin with this post.

DDWRT literally is amongst one of the most popular router firmware right now and has been for 10+ years.

Address my point then, if those were so great, why aren't they more popular now? Ten years is quite some time.

Because nobody wanted to use it.

yes link pls

Still mad about being booted out of the community?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-22 at 9.53.36 AM.png (1722x1167, 2.54M)

> why aren't they more popular now?

DDWRT is wildly popular you brainlet. Why isn't DDWRT with shared payments for a mesh not popular? Because the demand for mesh internet is basically non existent.

bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/smart-contracts-described-by-nick-szabo-years-ago-now-becoming-reality-1461693751/

> ctrl+f "Nym"

I was never a part of your pajeet community. Go shit somewhere else.

the entire paper

> fon.hum.uva.nl/rob/Courses/InformationInSpeech/CDROM/Literature/LOTwinterschool2006/szabo.best.vwh.net/smart_contracts_2.html

Hello again my parrot fudder.

>the best coin
Indeed it is.
>Isn't decentralized after 6 years of development
Skycoin is not decentralised yes, but Skywire is and in testnet. When Skywire is in mainnet, Skycoin would be able to be as well.
>Doesn't have a consensus algo released after 6 years of development
Skywire in main net will make consensus possible. Nothing is going to be released too soon for it to be copied.
>Has some internet routers and raspberry pi's released that are sold to imbicils at a 100x markup
Routers are not out yet, and Orange pis are not Raspis.
>Be your own ISP
Yes, eventually.
>litterly have to conenct to existing ISPs and forward data packages from them making it nothing more than plain inefficient.
You gotta start somewhere.
>Synth has a cult-like following that parot every word he repeats
If you say so, it must be truth. Proofs?
>Telegram is ruled by some WoW faggot that didn't get enough attention from his father.
>COin is down over 70%
Quite common in the current market.
>highest volume it ever saw was when the devs dumped their preminded scambags on the community

Pretty much. More accurately, nobody was incentiveized to use it.

Lol, whatever you say buddy. You have so many tells.

Yes, that's why normies have been slapping wifi antennas on their roofs for years now. Just like Apple, the mp3 player had existed for years before the ipod came along, Apple just did the hard work of making it functional for mass adoption.

Attached: photo4945111305098995849.jpg (435x1280, 77K)

>Pretty much. More accurately, nobody was incentiveized to use it.
You're going to pay people to connect to your VPN?

> Just like Apple, the mp3 player had existed for years before the ipod came along, Apple just did the hard work of making it functional for mass adoption.

you can apply this to dichotomy to pretty much anything. We had a huge boost in network capacity and available networks in the past 10-20 years, and it's growing. MESH networks have consistently been losing market share to the point where MESH's are irrelevant artifacts of past telecom dreams. Yes, maybe 'some' normies now make use MESH networks, but absolutely not in troves and not at a higher market share than any year in the past going back 20.

If by pay you mean provide a cheaper, superior product, yes.

People will be glad to pay for cheaper internet access and get paid for providing CPU/Storage/Bandwidth.

I bet you doubt the massive effects that self driving cars are going to have on the market too, but will be content to whinge about how cars have been around for decades. Wake up bruh.

> Implying shit

ok "bruh"

Why would you pay someone to use your resources?

Slow down and read the post again.

I'm serious though, my argument stands, nobody's actually got their shit together to do this and now it's happening. We've got 8,000 nodes on the testnet alone.

You said that no one wanted to use this existing technology because they weren't properly incentivized to do so.

Pleb fud. Plebs need everything done for them, if they manage to make it by dumb luck, they will promptly unmake it. Especially the part about being your own ISP and connecting to existing ISPs. These newfags don't remember when you used to be able to be your own ISP. That involved starting your own business back then and required a good deal of technical knowhow and some capital. Skywire content and user activity will start out small and growth will probably be limited to a few niche industries early on. Most people using Skywire will spend most of their time connecting to the traditional internet. Exit nodes will be a very important part of the ecosystem. The fewer exit nodes exist, the more lucrative a business it will be. And the more exit nodes exist, the more attractive Skywire will be in the early years driving adoption. Having the vision to percieve economic contingencies and plan for them is the required skill for Jow Forums, and (You) will not make it.

So because I don't believe in your project I must also not believe in the future of self-driving cars? Does this seriously not sound like coping to you? It sounds not ridiculous to you to imply such?

> We've got 8,000 nodes on the testnet alone.

So you have a ((potential)) mesh coverage of 8000 nodes/networks? That is not even enough for a coverage of a medium sized city of 100k. Let alone there being 8000 people in a 100k city actually having a demand for such a service. It is a start...okay, but MESH not catching on during the biggest boom of network spread over the entire world should be a giveaway that MESH may not catch on at all.

Yeah. Incentive. Do you not understand what "incentive" means?

Nah, just trying to highlight the flaw in your argument: "X has been around for a while, so your Y implementation is invalid."

By comparison Freenet has something like 12k nodes over ten years, we catchin up fast.

Attached: flatminerclear.png (1192x1053, 1.14M)

Wow nice, a 3D printed dish that looks like a DIY project from the front page of plebbit.
Will this be 1BTC too?
Honestly if synth can get faggogs to fall for the exact same hardware scam again he's some kind of genius.
A genius of scamming, but one none the less.

Ok . Let me be more helpful. "Incentive" is the reward component of the behavioral action/reaction, it can take many forms.

There's no incentive for the consumer..

>didn't understand what incentive means
>it doesn't exist

>blaming Synth
>literal crackhead SJW
If you spent 1 btc on your DIY project it's on you.

The incentive is meant to be for the provider (person running the skyminer) not the consumer

Attached: 1526609671472.png (483x479, 16K)

Many countries, both in the West and the East, punish "illegal ideas", and eventually, usage of VPNs and proxies for spreading such ideas will also become illegal. Having a network where ISPs and governments do not have any control sounds like enough incentive to me, even if it is far away and really hard to accomplish.

Ah shit didn't expect they'd roll these out so soon

Attached: skyneet.png (420x388, 352K)

The consumer needs an incentive to use the service as well. There's no demand for Skywire.

consumer incentive is actually the responsibility of the provider to establish. Skycoin foundation is not the provider, Synth is not the provider. The provider is people who might look similar to you, except they are alot smarter and are going to make it.

what I am saying is that mesh networks have been around for ages. They have been around during the largest spread of networks and their network share dropped instead of grew during this time. What does this say about their demand?

> I am simply stating facts here without even comparing them to SKY.

Now to Comparing it to Skycoin: I very much doubt, that a single project with 8000 nodes/networks (in a world of a few billion access points) will usher forth a new era of mesh network popularity, when MESH is pretty much dead except in a few fringe areas. Coverage of traditional access points is good enough for the masses. And where it is not, I doubt anyone would use SKY over a traditional MESH set up.

>cheaper, faster metered internet service
Right now I pay $70/mo for shit DSL service. There's ridiculous incentive.

Most of the problem is that the hardware couldn't do things like handle MPLS, which is ram-intensive. Now you can get 2GB on a $35 SBC.

Check this out: whiteboard.ping.se/SDR/WSPR imagine thousands of these using a protocol similar to bittorrent.