/smg/ - Stock Market General

Defense Stocks master-race edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
[YouTube] Option Basics Part I
[YouTube] Option Basics Part II

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: quietSST[1].png (1600x751, 1.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs18PolAWVg&list=PL76AtJbHTR0Aj6D7RyrRgPI76OT5ngZLG&t=0s&index=26
youtube.com/watch?v=SvxD_toISIc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ohxz7RVlnzc&index=3&list=PL76AtJbHTR0Aj6D7RyrRgPI76OT5ngZLG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

netlist painted bull flag at perfect time. fomo rally incoming monday am

leverage is for the weak

Civil war fucked our currency, 1 old dollar =10 new dollars instantly when the south broke away

also the invention of the mass produced automobile cause a huge crash

Buy SPY and DIA on robinhood, sell when you need to pull out in a few months
WM is a good recession proof one if you can wait more than a few months, takes it about 2-3 months to make it through its sine-wave period

youll get the nice end of year bull through newyears, and some extra dividends too!

NLST ?
off topic but it looks like the major cryptos are about to break out again, fuck ETH has been gaining twice the % BTC has past couple days

Attached: original[1].jpg (797x483, 131K)

>>also the invention of the mass produced automobile cause a huge crash
>

fuck wrong graph, this one shows the Auto bubble pop better

Attached: image[1].png (590x443, 108K)

Buy FB

Attached: fbuserstats.png (675x793, 84K)

na, AMZN is where the money is

Attached: 4298_b[1].jpg (620x442, 86K)

Read this interesting article about "platform economies" where companies like Amazon and Alibaba centralize market activity on their online platforms, allowing them to very effeciently extract wealth from these market activities without actually producing anything of value. Operations like these are single handedly responsible for today's and the future's economic malaise for consumers as wealth gets concentrated in the hands of these large corporations that outsource all their labor to the latest cheapest shithole and hide their money on islands so the government can't efficiently tax them.

It meshed pretty well with my own personal theory of economics that I came up with on my own so I was pretty surprised when I realized just how similar my thought was to theirs.

Attached: 150911-M-TJ275-105.jpg (1133x755, 206K)

Aurora cannabis to the moon next week

I bought a bunch of amazon stocks back in... I want to say 2009?
I wonder what they are worth now, I haven't really been watching the markets.

in 2009 they were 90 dollars a share

they are now nearly 2k a share

you made it senpai

My taxes aren't going to look nice...
I guess I'll keep holding them.

you made it brah, cash out and retire you lucky bastard
>I only bought one share when it was $990

Attached: media.ycharts.comebae3f673c0fc604823d92769-cf0856766f6d9736f70caeacfc45b92d31fd14a4[1].png (580x394, 37K)

Finally, another meme as good as the paddock brothers

Attached: 1537586961124.jpg (677x1024, 58K)

Sadly looking it was only about 20 shares. Seemed like more but I was young.

Wageslave life continues.

last month was a nightmare, i couldn't even bear to look at the threads.
after LCI dumped, my oil calls AND my LB stock tanked.
doubled down on everything, and at least i've made profits on oil and LB

any thoughts on SLDB?

>tfw holding google
Monday's gonna be rough

Fuck im really excited about this new aircraft. Boom also wants to deliver something similar. Can't wait to see it irl

I'm more excited for when they finally break cold fusion

theyll be able to print free money after they finally solve that

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 78K)

i hate when this happens. i fucking looked at this girl one time, and wanted nothing more than to make her life a place she can live her life to the fullest. reminds me of being fucking less than 20 years old and listening to sylver tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rs18PolAWVg&list=PL76AtJbHTR0Aj6D7RyrRgPI76OT5ngZLG&t=0s&index=26

I don't think I actually care about money. It's just a competition to me and money is just another way to keep score. I mean even when I'm beyond drunk, and plowing a broad getting all tired and sweaty because of the whiskey dick, in my heart I'm a fucking romantic and love that fucking hearts and flowers and fucking romantic surprise candle shit. The fucking handwritten notes have made women go as far as to buy lingerie and go as far as to end up in jail. I hate having an influence and being under the influence, but I dunno if it weren't for you faggots. I wouldn't have learned shit about trading. I had no real raw true experience like you anonymous shit bag stuffers. I just remembered one anonymous faggot was like i've seen trip fags come and go, but you know what I made it my dream to make him eat his own fucking words. I'm a spiteful asshole, and after just like that moment where I met that girl Kimberly. I don't know about her or me, but I want to just knock her up like six or seven times... She makes perfection for the beholder, and I just hope I don't fuck up.

IKTF

all too well....

youtube.com/watch?v=SvxD_toISIc

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 7K)

die in a fire you unself respecting crying whiny ass bitch, when was the last time you faked an orgasim because whisky dick gives you the ability to not feel a fucking thing. Where were you when you heard this fucking track for the first time.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ohxz7RVlnzc&index=3&list=PL76AtJbHTR0Aj6D7RyrRgPI76OT5ngZLG

I'm an asshole.

teach your children the dangers of drugs. stimulants and sedatives every fucking day is no way to fully enjoy all life has to offer. I also hope your children don't end up half dead half alive half retarded and half boy-girl trap 100% liberal loving shekel losing loser like kneepads.

Jerry Powell is going to provide us with what we know is already true, bonds are safer investments. Trade policy does not stand between the FED and the world. Balance sheet is shrinking, and rates need to get back to normal levels to make sure you faggots get left holding the bag... i mean the dollar is the worlds reserve currency because of spending and consumption. Tarrifs will not impact FED policy to raise interest rates 2 more times this year. We will continue to raise rates. Have more tariffs, and tax cut part two will be a big part of Trumps re-election campaign.

How could you not vote on tax cuts part two. Everybody has a job and we are getting money from overseas to support our own economy for once. It's like if there is a blue wave in the mid terms, wait till re-election comes along. Mother fuckers will kiss and wash the feet of Donald J. Trump.

yikes

II don't know what's worse, banging a broad like shes' a fucking worthless piece of garbage, or honestly falling in love at first sight.

This just in, Trump is the Anti-Christ, but Obama left him with the hell he had to fix.

It's going to be okay buddy!

Attached: 1534211084995.jpg (400x400, 9K)

No comment on AMZN

I want to invest into steel, but I can't decide if I want NUE or X.
X fundamentals looks way sexier in my opinion.
What's your take?

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1514, 254K)

why not both

I picked up some X on Friday, also while we're on the subject, what's a good aluminum company?

Don't like when a portfolio has too many holdings.
I want to buy only one of those, and keep the rest of my holdings diversified

What makes you think X has better fundamentals ?

X has better performances on parameters closely related to sales and earnings.
NUE outperforms X on parameters related to debt and spending.
In this particular sector, especially after Trump tariffs, I don't think that having a low current ratio (which is not even THAT low) or a high debt/equity ratio is going to cause any damage to the company, and it's not going to affect the business in any major way.

The parameters you see here are just the ones I usually use the most. If you think that there are some other parameters that you prefer using for your strategy, please tell me your choice and educate me about it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 11.56.41.png (2740x134, 85K)

It’s too fucking early for all this

Attached: A157C11B-6266-4535-80CF-0B8C339B7CBC.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

I looked up briefly those 2 companies on Finviz and Morningstar.

And I tend to see Nucor as a better company.

But in my opinion, you should look futher in depth into their businessses:
- how about their production capacities ? are they maxed out ? where are they located ? etc
- their customer portfolio

Also, Nucorp has better operating margins and they can undercut X if they want more market share. I think this is why market is pricing NUE higher than X.

>tfw GE stop loss at $8.65

Attached: 1475277914209.jpg (915x611, 121K)

I want to invest in dividend stocks but I only have about $50 to $100 a week to invest. Should I save my money and buy one stock a month or should I buy a small portion of a different company every pay cheque?

What makes a good dividend stock? just the yield? Since the amount is so small I was looking at smaller stocks, also preferably canadian since my brokerage, cibc, charges fees for currency conversion and $7 per trade.

I was looking at Ford and West forrest products. I know the concensus on ford, but not sure about the other one, or other dividend stocks to invest in to grow my portfolio. I just started on wednesday and like a total fool, invested my inital $330 into "meme" stocks.

I wanna do things the steady investor way and not the speculation way though, so I can retire comfortably when Im 65(or earlier if I do well)

>Low payout ratio for div health
Company Fundamentals
>Low P/FCF
>Low P/E relative to sector and broader market
>Low P/S
>Low P/B
You can find some opportunities now, but they’re sparse.
Consider T NRZ and CNP ED

>tfw the yield curve didn't reverse yet
>tfw you have at least 6 months after inversion before turn in bearish
>tfw trump is winning

Attached: 2A63710B_824A_4527_A4CB_290229F2EBF7.png (1000x1102, 241K)

what does /smg/ think about EGLT

is egalet gonna push it to the limit?

>Saturday
How do we make extra dosh on the side boys? I’m feeling risky

So should I wait for a bear market to really start going crazy with dividend stocks?

No, you’ll sacrifice the gains now. Even buying pot bubble stocks and taking profit early is better than waiting.

Ive bought some pot bubble stocks, companies like organigram and canopy rivers.

Looking at inner spirit holdings and acerage next. I just want something that will pay me for just owning it. ideally even making $400-500 a quart would be excellent if I could get there in the next 10 years.

Well, I’ve been selling premium on CRON. Treating me well.

Is Robinhoods website fucking up for anyone else? Its still showing yesterdays market and hasnt updated to todays.

buy anth

Buy ECR

Buy GTx

Buy dividends

nigger that is for people that already have cash, these chips need 877 cash now

AA

With that little money keep putting in SJR BCE CM BMO ALA etc and drip the dividends. You will get like 5-6% a year with steadily increasing shares and stability. But you will probably never get rich enough to live off it.

fuuuuuug wageslavery is a disaster this morning. Show up, powers out, go get fleet car, battery dead, bunch of tourists walking around looking lost, freezing rain this morning so i had to scrape half a cm of ice off car.

I gotta apply for a margin account or something soon. Even this part time wageslaving is wearing on me. Switch to full-time trading cannot come soon enough. Also i REALLY want to give my boss a dildo and tell her to go fuck herself with it.

My RTI trade would appreciate that.

I'm kind of digging the MANGA strategy right now, although if Netflix has another bad quarter I might start to phase them out, and as for Facebook, I'm kinda not feeling ti any more since they are pretty damn off their 52-week high. So yeah MANGA

Microsoft
Amazon
Google
Netflix
Apple

Opinion on ÅAC Microtec for a 5-10 year holding? Stock price is like 50 cents at the moment, dropping a few hundred € seems like a decent idea, especially with the growing cubesat market and also UK/ESA support after their acquisition of Clyde Space.
I wish I had money to drop on Lockheed too

Attached: MATS_artist_impression_credits_SNSB.jpg (1332x910, 62K)

you still made back 2000% roi

Lol

What do you anons think of VFIAX?

Is infrastructure investing a thing? Who builds roads and cities in the United States? I looked at UNP so far and liked it for railroads.

the government

AWK, WM

The government only pays for it.
I already got those. Besides, they're utilities. I'm talking more about construction. Who builds your airports, train stations and so on? I came across Bechtel now but they're not publicly traded.

POST SOME PENNY STOCKS TO BUY

Commit suicide

Not looking to neccasarily get rich. Just looking for companies that my investments will grow in, not just blow up on speculation then lose all value.

I want to retire comfortably, but if I do manage to buy the right stock and make a shit ton, so be it.

Thanks for the tickers though, Ill check them out.

fuck this is like missing bitcoin all over again

Attached: 1529922892251.png (225x225, 50K)

>penny stocks
"Six cents a share? Hey, come on. Who buys this crap? Well, I mean...honestly, mostly schmucks."

"Rich people don't buy penny stocks. They just don't. Why not? Because they're too smart."

Attached: 1523195036905.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

>I'm talking more about construction. Who builds your airports, train stations and so on?
Fluor Corp
Turner Construction
AECOM
Kiewit
Skanska
PCL Construction Enterprises
Whiting-Turner
CB&I
Tutor Perini
KBR (Kellogg, Brown, & Root) Inc
Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc

tickers:
FLR
ACM
SKA-B
CBI
TPC
KBR
JEC

Rest are private.

NBEV is the real deal buy after the dip.

Attached: NBEV.png (925x955, 87K)

Thanks. Well, this is rather disappointing.

>tfw all your normie friends look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you're into stock market investing
>tfw even your own fiance is skeptical
>tfw /smg/ is the only place you feel truly understood
>tfw

Attached: 1534736389333.jpg (720x718, 51K)

I used to get that reaction too, especially as my father failed miserably at every investment he ever attempted. The thing that turned it around from skeptical looks and jokes uttered to my face was the latest crypto bull run. I had a little bit riding on BTC and ETH from August 2017 through December 2017. When BTC was in the news for going parabolic and approaching 20k, calls from family came in asking if i could help them get in on this money fountain. I told them to stay well away as BTC had far overextended itself and would likely rapidly decline in price 4-8 weeks time. I gave very basic description of the concept of TA. They were mad at me for not "helping" but they did stay out of crypto. BTC popped sooner than i expected. Family soon saw how i was right, how they would have lost large chunk of life savings had they fomo'd in as planned.

No more skepticism although i do have to deflect requests to invest money for them on occasion. I direct them to pro brokers. I don't want the responsibility or liability.

Do hall ever take personal morals into account when investing into a company's stock, or is it always about money?
Say you're against animal testing or sweatshops, would that go into consideration when choosing which stocks to buy?

That's never come up but... maybe. I have no problem investing in vice but i might be reluctant about investing in a company known for horrific near-slavery factory conditions i guess. Child labor especially.

if it's not something trendy for people to be against it isn't important enough to worry about

Not really, just think of it this way:
If you invest, the stock rises and you made money to help you invest in other stuff.
if you didn't invest, the stock still rises anyway and you just opted to not make money because reasons, so now it will take you longer to get enough money to invest in other stuff

Attached: 1535829598633.jpg (800x600, 122K)

I invest in Nestle because slavery is good buisness practice

I'll say one thing: Buy Coca papers without looking to the price

Fuck no.
This man is right.

>11169210

i believe Udemy also offers lessons in trading as well

>bagholder started drinking again before me
im day 5 here, i felt like i was starting to die

Attached: 1537560494016.gif (320x240, 601K)

Fuckers canceled training because of muh lightning. I’m so fucking pissed.

Attached: 7E924A13-59AE-4D12-8FAE-5EF38E3BE685.jpg (2821x2720, 1.47M)

I thought you were a medic
Are you a fireman now ?

Attached: flintstone_pepe.png (509x911, 159K)

It's now saturday. Everyone in this thread today is a virgin and has less than $1,000 invested. They also don't own any crypto like true losers. If you are partake in this thread today you will be no better of a person than the rest of the losers in here

prove me wrong

Attached: l_178.jpg (455x768, 51K)

I wonder if we're at the dip now. I think 9.99 was the peak yesterday, and it's down to 5.85.

All firefighters are medics. It’s required. Some places even require paramedic level before they’ll hire you.

I know that feel, havnt been able to even get a single person I know to sign up for robinhood so we can both get free money

and when I tell my friends that they can invest in the stock market for free and make easy money holding index's, they say that sounds too hard, why not buy a few lottery tickets every day?

its mind boggling, but you know the old saying
"you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. but you cant pick your friends nose"

also cute QT3.14159265

>show them consistent 30% gains from holding
>"but youll have 0$ if the market crashes"
>fucking how? who told you these lies?

I dont invest in AT&T, Verizon, EA, and a few other choice companies, because I want them out of buisness tomorrow, I want those old inefficient fucks dead asap
(theres others too, but I just woke up so too early to think)

and holding stock in a company you want to crash and burn with no survivors just doesnt seem like a good idea to me
probably not the same "morals" youre thinking of, but i hate hegemonies that refuse to adapt to a changing world, that get away with it because they "too big to fail"
its a nepotistic as fuck reasoning if I ever saw one, and fuck that shit

7 hours is canceled?
shit sounds gay though, hope it wasnt a huge road trip to get out there

>>I thought you were a medic
>Are you a fireman now ?
you really want firemen that cant provide basic medical help? what third world country do you live in?

>bait
prove me wrong

Attached: 1452013118257.gif (251x240, 1.98M)

That's no joke, based Texas user. One of our firefighters in 614 was killed after a lightning strike at Crew Stadium. He didn't die right away, either.
I'd rather you guys train under the right conditions. There will be plenty of dangerous shit down the road.

I thought texas user is only a medic
I didn't know he is a fireman

30 mins there. Then we waited till 7 to start for some reason, stood around till 9 waiting for the rain to quit. 30 min to get back. 30 mins to put everything back in service, then we all went for a long lunch.

It wasn’t really that, I don’t want to train when it’s bad, but this placed is geared towards the plants so they have stupid safety regs that don’t actually keep you safe. I think it’s no less than 8 miles away for 30 mins. That’s fine but what pissed me off was their idea of shelter was for all of us to stand under a lean to. Literal all of us crowded under an open sided lean to. Such typical plant bullshit.

damn, seems like a poor way to spend saturday

although thats better than sleeping from 6am-2pm

my sleep schedule is a nightmare, and it does nothing but hold me back in every aspect of life

Attached: 1271289871133.jpg (445x336, 114K)

>They also don't own any crypto like true losers

Attached: 1535936171956.gif (320x320, 2.44M)

Now that the weed bubble has popped which of this dude weed companies is actually good? Canopy?