LinkMarine Consulting?

Hello fellow Marines, especially those autistic ones who have been researching ChainLink for the year or so it's been since the ICO. I come to you with an idea: Why would we not push smart contract adoption that utilizes decentralized oracles in the real world while making money in the process, through consulting actual companies with this stuff, teaching them how they can automate their businesses with smart contracts and weave in ChainLink to every single one of these use cases, adding demand for our nodes and the LINK token?

For my own background, I currently work in the blockchain space in marketing and business development and live in one of the financial capitals of Europe, so you technical guys would have a link to the business side through me. I have decent creds in this area and I'm pretty certain I could get meetings with some ok sized companies to explore how they could integrate smart contracts (and ChainLink) to their practices. I've also been a 100k+ LINK holder since the ICO and have read most of the research posted here.

The problem I would have in pursuing this alone is that while I know I could sell the shit out of smart contracts and using decentralized oracles for them, that is where it ends for me since honestly I'm just a biz dev, marketing and "ideas" guy that has enough a resume to have these people listen to me. Writing technical papers and creating actual executable plans for the integration I'd need help with.

Now I made this thread to see if any of the good people in the ChainLink Research Group would be interested in joining a discord group a bit like Delphi, except instead of island holidays where we jerk each other off and talk about Plato, we'd be in the trenches actually doing work for good money making the Singularity happen one adoption case at a time. I'm sure there are some NEET Marines who know more about ChainLink than AB at this point and wouldn't mind monetizing that knowledge while we wait for the Singularity?

Attached: chainlinkecosystem.png (1037x1072, 292K)

It’s a great idea which Sergey actually wants us to do to grow the network however the dipshits on here would just spam memes .

Poo poo pee pee memes from a Peruvian goat sheering forum are only going to damage CL's reputation in the eyes of multi-billion market holders. Sergey knows what he's doing. This isn't his first rodeo.

Bump. Once mainnet is up we could actually build the compensation mechanism as a smart contract where the company receiving the consulting pays the fee into the smart contract, which then distributes the funds among the Marines who did the work. This way we can limit the amount of trust you have to put in me as the contact point to the company and distributing the funds equally. For FIAT-smart contracts I think CL mainnet would need to be up for this, but if the counterparty is cool with using ETH, we could do this already. Correct me if I'm wrong.

that's why we would do this as a separate discord group sort of like Delphi. I'm thinking with around 30 people we would already have enough manpower to execute most cases -very- quickly and effectively from the point of view of the client. We could literally wipe the floor with most regular companies and their execution timelines.

marketing/communication manager here, How do you get in crypto marketing? you work for a specific crypto project or independent?

I work with tech startups and the tech industry in general from a finance perspective. The problem is that on the whole brainlets aren't ready for this tech.

Most companies can barely even cope with cloud based computing nevermind fucking smart contracts.

T. OP (switched to another WiFi momentarily)

Anyway, I guess this was a bad time to post if most of the Marines doing the valuable research are Americans and still sound asleep. Are there really no eurofags who'd be interested in this?

Did marketing consulting through a blockchain consulting company (was good money end of last year), after which one of the clients wanted me to work for them full time.
Right, but I think you can establish the value of SCs in smaller, simple use cases and scale internally instead of trying to come through the gate with this huge proposal of integrating blockchains at core business level. And even if they don't integrate, there are a few dozen G's to be made by doing simple research on -if- they would do it, how would they go about doing it. Everyone is interested in how they -could- utilize this tech, even if they're not technically ready to do so, since I think there is a bit of a consensus that blockchain technology is coming whether they like it or not.

we wouldn't be targeting the billion dollar companies, rather businesses in the million to a few million dollar range. Also the operation would look perfectly professional to the client.

I had the same thought

It's a very easy sell IMO because it's very clear where money can be saved and how much. The automation and money-saving potential is why we're all invested in LINK in the first place - it's just a matter of communicating this potential to businesses.

These businesses are all going to be using smart contracts and oracles at some point in the future and the sooner they adopt this technology the sooner they can start saving money

Attached: buffett.jpg (562x298, 51K)

Exactly. The ability to show concrete dollar savings with a simple but ingenious, novel integration with industry-wide hype makes this a no-brainer for the companies. And on the surface smart contracts are a very simple idea.

I think for most normie companies who aren't the big players building the infrastructure this is going to evolve just like with SaaS and cloud services did - from the absolute brainlet-tier low hanging fruit (e.g. company-wide file storage on services like Dropbox) to more complex use cases that are more integrated with the core business.

What I see is a chance to integrate into this process at the very grass roots and make an increasing amount of shekels the further we are in the adoption curve, starting from simple use case consulting, moving to execution of the low hanging fruit cases and leveraging all of this experience as companies make SCs increasingly more integrated to their core businesses.

The beauty of this is that we are literally at the bleeding edge in so far as knowledge of the big picture goes.

Delphi is just one guy

The founder is one guy, sure, but there were a bunch of ppl in the discord group when it started, myself included. I was removed from the group for just lurking and not taking part in the discussion though. Anyway I would assume there's still some core group who discuss their planned post-singularity hijinks on there. Not that I've followed them too much, but they still seem to be somewhat active with the memes etc.

Pee pee poo poo

Attached: 1537369716559.png (500x622, 139K)

cringed and bluepilled

you are no MANIAC poster

thanks for the bump based pee poo poster

>marketing/communication manager here,
>marketing and business development
>from a finance perspective
>marketing consulting

t. 20 plus years in IT 15 of them as senior developer/architect including blue chips. You know what I think of people in marketing? Useless parasites. What you parasites are saying is you are literally unable to do any of the work but would like some of my pay. Not happening. Bye now. People like me don't need people like you and we never have.

t. autist programmer who assumes business decision makers are as autistic as him and will research, understand and make a decision based purely on facts

most decision makers are normies and need to be spoonfed by normies who can translate autism. You can think of marketing people as autism middleware

this
you wouldn't have a job without us and we wouldn't have a job without you

It's actually quite interesting how this sort of thinking manifests itself in the dev communities and how it is tied in Marx's labor value creation theory which then leads to the butthurt that developers experience when they realize that their code would be of zero value if the sales and marketing Chads didn't make it appealing to the market at large. Really shows the brainlet rationality present in these people who think they are so much above everyone else, which then makes their nerd tears that much juicier when I collect my "over-sized parasite check" at the end of each month.

As a brainlet I'd just like to hire someone who would set my node up for me. Maybe even sell me all the equipment I'd need and set it up as solely for chainlink. This is something I'd happily pay for.

>just watched Thomas Hodges YouTube tutorial on setting up a node and now need a lie down.

This is a good idea.

Another IT architect here. I respect marketers and sales people if they do good job and show results. It is a difficult area to get right. Ive worked with awful marketers (teams of middle aged women and attention seekers) who dont deserve respect and depend on external partners. I have also worked with very capable teams who are able to produce verifiable results and generate customers.

Linkpool are doing this via linknode

Yeah I wish I was competent enough to be the one making the money on it! I'd like to learn but at the moment it'd be too financially risky to manage it myself.

That's interesting to hear. For big companies only though? What about the 10k'ers?

For anyone. They take a percent of profit from the node though. Have a look on their site and medium posts.

Linkpool node as a service is your go to if you want to stake day 1, and want someone else to handle the node infrastructure. Otherwise wait for other NaaS or stake pools to pop up. A lot of people dont like the linkpool fees, but i think you will get value for the price if you aren't up to doing it yourself

Thanks Marines. This is an unusually subdued and helpful thread.

Delphi is not real. It's just a meme that was used to promote a shitty competitor to LINK. Fucking fake oracles man.

Good idea, setup the discord.
I've been planning this too as I provide IT consultation and implementation and want to jump on smart contracts asap

Awesome. I'll make one later today and share the link here. T. OP

I also have a long list of apis to create adaptors for and different ideas for use cases. Let's build a team.

This is a very good idea, and one that i have been thinking about too. But i too lack the technical know how, so had pretty much given up on the idea. Now would be a good time to set something up around this area.
On a slightly different note, this is the second link thread i have seen today that is actually a sensible discussion and not an autistic REEEEing session, can i hope that this is the start of a more mature season of link conversations, as i think long term there could be blowback from someone googling link and finding mount everest sized autism levels and having second thoughts...

Until they find that it's not, at which point the whole thing becomes fishy.
CL 100k eoy no matter how hard you try

There's no trustless way to measure who did what in this case so you're still gonna get people bitching that they did more and should be paid more...

This has always been my intention. My goal is to create a jode generation service for small-medium local businesses. It is important that blockchain tech doesnt squeeze out business owners who cannot keep up, be it via regulations or technological incompatibility. It is a narrow and cloudy vision roght now, but I'm seeing to use cases already.

This is an interesting proposition OP
except people research Link from an investment perspective, I doubt there's more than 2 people on Jow Forums who actually set up a link node and put it to work (those are being the linkpool team)
also I believe the industry will be much less interested in chainlink as a public product, and just use the technology for their private backends.

My point is, almost nobody here is qualified for what you want, which is marketers and tech experts.

Besides the obvious benefits of trustless, self-executing and tamerproof data driven contracts, the real knockout aspect of chainlink is that it gives large enterprises a fucking incredibly simple way to monetize their data.

We're not going to have to shill chainlink to companies for the same reason that the team doesn't shill chainlink: companies with data that can drive smart contracts will be shilling the fuck out of everywhere because it will give them a huge revenue stream with almost no overhead at all. Salesforce, docusign, swiift, et al. are all going to shill for chainlink adoption because API data will be their largest revenue stream when and if Chainlink gets used on a large scale.

Sergey realized that these enterprises have infitinetly more resources than he does to push for adoption, so he found a way to make them money by shilling LINK.

So OP, go ahead with your consultancy if you want, but the biggest companies in the world will be joining you shortly if they aren't already.

>Besides the obvious benefits of trustless, self-executing and tamerproof data driven contracts,
Those are great, but why do actual companies prefer using hypderledger & private instances of Ethereum? The mainnet ethereum is used primarily by cryptokitties and gambling. There are more ambitious projects like makerdao but they also rely on connecting many small individuals together, while a corporation doesn't always need that, it connects with players(businesses & individuals) it knows, not randoms, to conduct business. They could open up oracles to the public ethereum mainnet, but they don't actually need the Link token to do that. Their oracle is identifiable and if you don't like that they've got nothing staked, tough luck, they've got actual collateral agreements with companies & individuals who matter.

>the real knockout aspect of chainlink is that it gives large enterprises a fucking incredibly simple way to monetize their data.
Or they could just charge per call from a webserver, which is entirely possibly today. Although it's more common to set up a limit of calls per period of time and charge for that per period.

>Or they could just charge per call from a webserver, which is entirely possibly today. Although it's more common to set up a limit of calls per period of time and charge for that per period.

Chainlink doesn't prevent them from doing that. but it does provide them a direct incentive to feed data to smart contracts.

Do you really think, at this point, that Docusing isn't shilling the fuck out of LINK? For them, SCs on Chainlink would be like winning the lottery.

>Do you really think, at this point, that Docusing isn't shilling the fuck out of LINK? For them, SCs on Chainlink would be like winning the lottery.
I'll give you that in an environment requiring extreme streamlining chainlink will win this race, since you can fire whoever was in charge of billing people and some IT personnel, settle legal issues automatically, etc
but I can't tell if it'll take 2 years, or 20 years, or if a private network arises, powered by microsoft azure with all the bells and whistles of mainnet ethereum & chainlink, but only for all your legal needs, and it'll be practically free.

95% of women are the fucking worst at marketing, but that 5% will always be #1 or #2 at their branch. T. Seasoned Manager

Arbitration on private networks will be a nightmare which is why private networks will end up being built atop public chains. Code as law

>Arbitration on private networks will be a nightmare
it won't since the players know eachother off chain
and they don't want the data exchanged there to be publicly available
keep dreaming

Research marine who's somewhat interested in this, where's the discord?

The thread started off with relatively little traction for the idea so I decided I'd head to a certain beer related event for a while and follow the thread on my phone. However looks like there's interest in it after all so I'll make the group as soon as I get home in about 30min. I'll post the link here and we can discuss more in the discord T. OP

So created the group but Jow Forums is regarding discord-links as spam? Anyone know how the fuck do I post it here?

Add me, I've been thinking this for a while. My solidity is mediocre but I can sell CL and smart contracts easily. Companies will be falling over to utilise le ebin money saving blockchain contracts, we just need to position ourselves right.

Based and replied

just post the end of the link. it's enough to join in the discord app

Consultancy isn't building or coding though, It's putting businesses in contact with the people who can and explaining the concept to people who can't wrap their head around bitcoin

how can we get in contact? Let's bounce some ideas and formulate something yes?

Can you provide some useful APIs for use in geospatial / gps applications?

Checked

I’ve thought of this as well from the legal side of things. I’m an attorney. Most attorneys are clueless when it comes to sc. This is frightening since transactional law will be the first to get hit- so shilling sc (tech/law) to businesses will be a good starting point. It will erase the need for biz needing to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a contract that the attorney just copied and pasted from a previous work. It’s pretty easy to narrow down a certain target market that are heavy contract based. I’m in.

Alright here you go frens: Y5nTkK

It's 'fun' and easy to think like this but hardly productive. We are social animals ultimately.

Here's a non-expiring link for everyone interested: M292ewU

The one above expires in 1 day.