Living in New-York with $15k a year

>Living in New-York with $15k a year
youtube.com/watch?v=v_GSlBtDaY4

I didn't even realize that some people earned so little with a full time job. That's crazy....
Working a full year, 5 days a week, for just $15k. How can these people not get depressed?

Attached: _.png (1044x568, 733K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WMxpK1IqqzK9CL8TL4RY_EhVDk304WCNr8B4-nrn4jA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why tf you need a car in NYC? Also, if you're an unskilled laborer why not go do that somewhere with a much lower cost of living

if you have that little why dont normies just max out their leverage. get as many loans as possible and all in on something like crypto, or buying options on things like FANG stocks...

anyway how can someone only have $15k a year lmao. I literally made that in 3 days doing an ico scam in q2 2017

Her living expenses aren’t the problem (350 for rent? That’s dirt)

Her lack of income is the problem

Why don't normies do this thing normies would never do

This
I live in honking Ohio and I only the same amount with three roommates in a townhouse!
I didn't think such prices existed in Jew York

She probably lives in the Bronx. As she is fat, probably ugly and poor there is nothing to fear from niggers.

I live in Chicago in a spacious studio. I work, self employed, 2-3 days per week, 5 hrs per day, and make about $1,300 to $1,800 per month.

$500 rent & utilities
$55 cell
$50 food (+$198 food stamps)
------
Total month expenses = $605

I also spend about $300 to $400 a month on random shit, like restaurants, public transit (though bike 90% of time), material shit, etc.

So taking an average of $900 expenses and $1,500 income per month, I have about $600 per month to add to savings. If I was to just stay like this for he next 35 years, then retire, I would have $252,000 saved to retire on. If my monthly expenses stay the same (taking into acct inflation balancing out by interest on savings), this $252k would be enough for me to live on for 22 more years, until the age of 87.

All this from only $1,500 a month income. People live in a dream world. They save, and save, and work and work, get a mortgage or rent a pricey apartment, buy a car, take on massive debt, and work until they die. But on their deathbeds, they look at their life of wageslavery, fat stack of money, and wonder why they did it all. Then, they die

The boomer meme is disgusting. I only work 2-3 days and $1,500 a week. I have everything I need materially; a nice DSLR and lenses, multiple laptops, a home server, a nice road bike, a digital piano, guitar, and mandolin, an anime collection of 8 TBs, with backup drives, a full weight set of free weights, a sewing machine, nice clothes and shoes. Same with housing; my place is big enough for my needs and in a neighborhood where most of my friends live.

Instead of working my life and health away, I use my free time to study and hang out with friends. Right now, I'm focusing on piano (2-3 hr daily), leaning Spanish (1 hr daily), music theory (45 mins daily), weight lifting (3x/week), and reading. I only spend a few hours per week on the computer or smartphone. Time not studying is with friends in the neighborhood, most who don't work/work little.

Minimalism is the best. If you live simplicitly, and keep your expenses next to none, your entire life is yours. With such excess in the USA and a glut of used, by nice goods, this is easy to do (as long as you don't live in a meme city like San Francisco with $2,000/month rent).

Next to know expenses makes travel incredibly cheap too. Couch surfing, global freeloaders, finding places at local radical houses/sqauts, or pitching a tent, plus food stamps allows travel for only a couple hundred dollars per month.

The 9-5 wage slave meme does nothing but make you into an enslaved consumer. You belong to your boss and your free time, tires and burns out, becomes consumed by media, buying crap, video games, and internet. You live this way until you die. Don't fall for the meme. Live minimalist, buy little, watch little, stop gaming, and cut the internet mostly out. Fill your time with learning, personal projects, art, travel, and friends instead. Live your own life before you die. There is no "right way" to live, only the way you choose to live.

Attached: 2936542912_8f5380708e_b.jpg (1024x683, 670K)

She probably lives in the blackest ghetto known to man.

Minimalism is like an alcoholic who goes clean and swears to never touch another drink again;
It's stupid if you have enough willpower, but maybe healthier for some people than the alternative

Every. Thing. In Moderation.

If she makes more she won't be below poverty level, and will have to actually pay real $ for a place in NYC to live. She's probably in free housing in Manhattan or some shit. You literally have to be dirt poor to get free gibs in NYC or be rich as fuck, they're the only ones making it there desu.

>Part-time barista
>Mom spent $5k on her

This is stupid. She spends a shitload of money on unnecessary expenses, she has no financial intelligence.

I'm minimalistic in what I own, but what I own is nice and lasts a long time. I don't buy or live past my needs. When I travel, I do it hobo style, which I much more prefer than a tourist trap hotel filled trip. I eat healthy, but on little money, and bike instead of driving. I buy used instead of new, putting the wonders of planned obsolesce cheap 3-5 year old goods on eBay/Craigslist into use.

Doing this, I am able to live with everything I want an need, working only 15 hours a week, with no boss, on my own schedule, at $252k saved at 65 years if I keep my income and expenses similar.

What more could you want? I want? I understand why people fall for the boomer, consumer, debt memes, but the state of them and peoples' decisions to still do so is very shocking to me. Our lives are constantly running out, as is our youth. Why would you spend your one and only life living mostly in consumption and wage slavery?

Keep it up, bro.
I'm very similar. Keep expenses low and personal gains high.

Here is a pretty dope budgeting sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WMxpK1IqqzK9CL8TL4RY_EhVDk304WCNr8B4-nrn4jA/

I love how much of her ""disposable"" income is spent on cupcakes, storebought desserts, cheesecake

Also
>I only work part time
>I usually opt for fast food cause it’s quick and easy and I don’t really have time to make much else

This is why fat and poor people stay fat and poor

>usually opt for fast food cause it’s quick and easy and I don’t really have time to make much else
This is what gets me, it's total bullshit that you can't just whip up a sammich at home with some butter and seasoning salt and have it taste pretty good, but we all know the real reason is that she's fat, used to the kind of cashflow and debt she's having right now, and addicted to fast food

Thats nice, user, but you're just coasting on a complete lack of responsibility for anyone other than yourself.
Living frugally with zero dependents is hardly worth bragging about. Get back to us when you actually have to take responsibility for a few souls other than your own.

Attached: bitcoininvestorpepe.png (992x900, 79K)

Dieses Ding

They do and when they fail they have a lifetime of debt.

>Falling for the children meme

Oh, user...

>Falling for the childfree meme
Oh, sweetie...

Eating healthy is INCREDIBLY cheaper than eating fast food, anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong/can’t cook

NYCer here, it's literally impossible to only make 15k in this city. Minimum wage is $12-15. My dad is a deadbeat and works 20 hours a MONTH and gets by with around 20k. I didn't bother reading OPs posts situation but it's likely they are literally mentally retarded Mexicans and need to just kill themselves.

And you feel good about that? I dont even care. Why the fuck would you ever admit to that? Larp confirmed. get some sleep user you need to cover lakishas shift tomorrow at wendys

That math doesn’t check out

Let’s say the lady in the OP video makes 15/hr and works 20 hr/week. That’s $600/paycheck or $15,600 per year before we even consider taxes. So probably more like $12k per year

she said her occupation was as a PART-TIME barista. She doesn't have a fulltime job

Your rent is $500 a month including utilities? This is either copypasta or you truly live in the ghetto. I'm guessing Southside somewhere.

we shouldn't be worried about how this woman lives beyond her means, we should be worried about how the comments praise her for spending responsibly. She not even living paycheck to paycheck, she's accumulating debt and that's including sharing expenses with her bf. She's fucked if she breaks up or gets divorced in the future.

252k even if frugal is very little money at 65 years.

I work six days a week, 12 hours per day for half of it

not even 5 seconds into the video and she's already claimed to be a PART time barista, what kind of money were you expecting her to make?

>$500 rent & utilities
Huh?

She is a basement dweller living with here mommy and eating tendies all day.

The only mistake she made was getting a job as a baristacuck.

Attached: pepe.jpg (851x614, 64K)

>Apple music subscription

The level of NPC is off the charts. I am wondering non ironically if i am living in a simulation at this point

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-13-19-40-13-540_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png (1080x1920, 354K)

>an anime collection of 8 TBs
I do this and manage it with plex.

Attached: 1527832174675.png (360x360, 165K)

Min wage is $15 in nyc

>When I travel, I do it hobo style
>$252k saved at 65 years
Nice to see you are training for your imminent future

>I only work 2-3 days and $1,500 a week.
>$500 rent & utilities
bull fucking shit