Becoming the wagecuck

As a college student is it possible to work part time at McDonald's and still be able to study?

Attached: IMG_3997.png (604x496, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thestreet.com/world/4-things-to-know-about-new-nyse-head-stacey-cunningham-14597072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless you have to there's no point. You'll be earning far more for far less effort after you graduate.

t. someone who did it

i study mech. eng. and work .8 FTE.

Unless you are doing some high end STEM degree or medicine, you can easily do full-time work and "full-time" Uni. It's so watered down these days to the point it really isn't stressful to do so.

I too slaved beneath the Golden Arches.

I know one thing for sure: when I become a really good Trader, and form my own sort of fund, I'm literally going to headhunt people from Fast Food. Subway especially. People who do well in those jobs have a special sort of co-ordination that the stock standard Human struggles with (even if they are book smart intelligent).

I do a stem degree and work 10-15 hours a week part time. Don't have especially much free time though if I am catching up with all my work and staying fit.

Peasant cope.

Attached: 1687168B-29F9-4135-BF81-205C267C098F.jpg (500x374, 37K)

Based, I worked at Starbucks and know what you mean

I believe one of the many reasons why a lot of people lose when trading on Lower time frames is that they become a "deer in the headlights" the minute a trade starts to go against them/not how they planned (which is inevitably going to happen), from my own experience I know what this is like.

I believe a core competency required for Technical/Order book based trading is knowing how to "manage" a trade. It's something that I'm always working towards getting better at.

This requires the ability to think on your feet, and act with some level of "instinct", and make fast decisions with a lot information/data coming in. It's literally what a lot of Fast Food workers go through, day-in-day-out (I'm not trying to make them sound like heroes, and I realize other jobs also include this, but it's just that I know what it's like, due to having gone through it myself).

this may unironically be true. i know a boomer who worked 5 years at mcdonalds when he was in his 20's now hes worth $60 mill

The hell do you live user, montana? Mcdonalds are all staffed by sub 70 iq wetbacks here.

This guy actually wants to employ McDonald's employees as traders.

Simply because of 'instinct' and because they can 'think on their feet'.

Can you guys imagine how much data is being thrown at a McDonald's employee on an hourly basis? I'm sure it's absurd.

This guy is going places.

I don't know if "co-ordination" is something different to other types of Intelligence/Awareness, are Sports people geniuses?

Work on the line, by yourself, with a shift manager screaming at you to hurry the fuck up, while orders are pilling up on the screens, and the drive thru is filling because you're taking too long - and you need to pull yourself together, and get shit done. I think there's something more to that, if someone can act out in that environment well.

Kek. The cope. If you think fast food workers would be good employees at an investment fund then you won't make it. Unironically.

Attached: 1537434675529.jpg (759x847, 110K)

You'd be surprised how difficult it is. No, it's not brain surgery difficult. But quick thinking is a very important skill for trading, and Fast Food is all about that.

Why fast food when it's literally a factory? Waiters in proper restaurants have to juggle the order taking process, pay with customers, deal with food going to the right tables and on time
Fast food is monkey see monkey do

>I'm not trying to make them sound like heroes, and I realize other jobs also include this, but it's just that I know what it's like, due to having gone through it myself

My own experience is what I'm going off of, essentially.

thestreet.com/world/4-things-to-know-about-new-nyse-head-stacey-cunningham-14597072

> In the interim, she enrolled in a nine-month program at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York. As part of that culinary education, Cunningham spent six weeks working in the since-shuttered uptown favorite Ouest.

"The environment was so much like the trading floor. Things that would not be okay in really any other place tend to be okay on the trading floor and in the restaurant kitchen," Cunningham told the Financial Times last year. "The way you interact with your coworkers during stress - everyone knows now to not take it personally for the most part. On the floor you might in the heat of the moment be aggressively fighting over a trade, and at the end of the day go grab a beer together."

She did the reverse of what I'd aim to have done, but it's interesting to note.

Underrated. The amount of college grads here still doing foodservice industry is mindboggling. Most people got memed into higher education

Absolutely, but get a job as a waiter instead. That's what I did in school for my engineering major (now am a salarychad making 80k out of school). You work the same hours waiting as you would at McCucks, but earn 3 or 4 times as much as a McCuck because of the tips.

Depends. What are you studying?

I failed at school. Yes I (graduated.) But I completely neglected my studies. I only shined in my sophomoric year and half way into my junior year before giving up and completely pissing my future away. It is seriously dangerous to take on debt for school and fuck about. My greatest regret is going to college, my second would be neglecting my studies halfway in.

If you are a meticulous/competent/responsible/a great resolve and you are a Type A personality. You can probably handle the workload and schedule of homework and a part time job. So if this is you, you can work at McDonalds. These types of personalities have such a drive that they are successful throughout several career changes and failures. Since you are posting on here, I suspect you aren't this type of person.

However, since you post on here that is a sign of being interested in self improvement, and looking toward the road to success. if you are prone to certain weaknesses have procrastination issues you are more lazen, a Type B perhaps? Then you need to get really serious about mastery of your studies even taking on Type A traits. I wouldn't take on a part time job. Because you need to dive in and just completely focus on being in the top 1-5% of your class, and go beyond that, you should be producing work that is at a professional level. In today's world? Student level is failure. You should try to work toward producing something that would make you wealthy.

Survivor Bias. The vast majority of McWageCucks will never accomplish anything.