What do you mean by "inner dialogue"? Are you guys just meme'ing this? Isn't like a voice in someone's head a bad thing...

What do you mean by "inner dialogue"? Are you guys just meme'ing this? Isn't like a voice in someone's head a bad thing, like schizophrenia and shit?

Attached: newsEngin.18260540_yacht.jpg (750x422, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphantasia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t. NPC

>t. NPC

Can you elaborate? What does this voice tell you to do??

It calls OP a faggot.

sometimes it tells me to kill my mother. we think it's funny

it tells you to drink onions, be demoralised by wojak variations and make more voluntary super contributions

Please go back to work kind sir. Do not ask these kind of questions.

It doesn't tell you to do anything idiot (NPC) it's like an editor to your thoughts

Yeah, I don't think I want this voice

How can my thoughts be edited? Thoughts are just thought, like instantly.

It means you’re literally having stream of conscious thoughts in your head

keep up the good work rakesh

irrelevant & offtopic

Uhhh this can affect my trading and business ventures you NPC

It's your own voice in your head nigger.

Your a NPC unless you have at least three separate and distinct inner dialouges running at the same time.
ETN is still unbelievably undervalued, Major Advertising hasn't even begun.
Holy Shit!!

This is it people. The sleeping Giant is waking up, stretching and yawning. In October you better be ready. Don't wait until the real FOMO kicks in.

BUY ELECTRONEUM Now!!
Don't procrastinate. DO IT before the mad rush like Black Friday Sales.

Attached: 1536453503163.png (211x239, 6K)

>stupid fags claiming having an inner voice implies intelligence

Using literally made up words for your inner thoughts is a waste of time and energy.

You're saying you don't evaluate your thoughts or decisions before acting on them..?

The One who says I is not the ceaseless stream of thoughts which rise and transiently fade.

The NPC may not differentiate these impulses from who they are, they are their thoughts, which there is no awareness of.

Meditation is to measure. There is no ability of the NPC to measure anything. The inner voice is a measurement technique whereby an amount of vocal processing is done without actualizing. This is the more mundane tool than watching One's thoughts with the inner eye.

Wait do people unironically not have innervoices?

You may as well be a cockroach.

Attached: 1537528189289.png (1776x960, 511K)

Rocks are more thoughtful and adept than the NPC

Dude. I have urges and desires and I kind of just roll with it- not sure what you mean.

T. NPC
How does it feel to just be an NPC in a world owned by Player Characters?

You don't have conversation with yourself while making decisions?

Sometimes I whistle or sing music and stuff like that?

>spelling out your thoughts so your slow brain has time to understand it
>not thinking in pure ideas and abstract concepts that are impossible to put in words
Not gonna make it.

I think I just process my decisions quicker than most.

Do you get songs stuck in your head a lot?

I can sing a lot yeah

I think you're just not thinking, as you said you make decisions based on emotion like a Woman does.

Do you sing songs in your head before you go to sleep?

tells us to run over glow in the darks with our cars

No I don’t sing before bed

It's just you man. Basically a manifestation of your consciousness that gives voice to more concrete ideas and helps express more abstract ones before physically speaking those thoughts.

What do you think about?

you dumb as shit op.

im my own best friend. i love and hate myself. i share the same fate as myself. me and myself are trying to make it. we help eachother.

you know yugioh op? the lil cunt with the old cunt? thats basically me and me.

I dont get it

Lots of things, when Im hungry I eat, I talk a lot, I like to play with animals

You should seek help. You're essentially saying you're lead by irrational motivations.

That's not thinking. Do you ever ponder things like the meaning of your actions or the weight of your words?

Are you Asian?

I’m white. I think all the time I just cant quite put it into words how it happens. People are just different, my thoughts happen so quickly. My GPA was good in high school, I’m not an idiot who doesn’t think.

Do you form well thoughtout opinions?

Maybe you can learn to meditate.

Yes I have opinions on lots of subjects. I’m just like you guys.

Nice try NPC.

Question to the inner monologers: Is the inner monologue constant or can you choose not to do it?
The closest to actual dialogue in my head is when I run hypothetical dialogues with other people in my mind, but otherwise I mostly just think the thoughts without any words or in pictures and impressions.

It's mainly when dealing with language/communicating or planing to communicate in some form or decide on what to do when next step is not obvious. Can function a bit like a buffer which allows you to hash things out before saying/writing anything down or taking some action.

Lacking that sounds crippling, and seems related to not having a minds eye:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphantasia

imagine looking at some delicious. and you'd ask yourself in your head 'i wonder what it tastes like? is it sweet and savory?'

That sounds similar to what I do. I primarily think in dialogue when I think I might have to explain my thoughts to other people. That doesn't mean my thoughts are born in words.

inner monologue is when i'm ruminating about certain things. if i'm watching a tv show that doens't provoke any thought, nothing happens and i'm just absorbing whatever the TV is showing. if I look at a piece of art i ask myself 'what is the purpose of this art? does it look nice? is it expensive? etc'

I can visualise stuff in my head but not very well its like a ghost image
Am i disabled reddit?

>>People with aphantasia typically will answer 'No image at all' to all questions.

Conjure up an image of a friend or relative who you frequently see; how clearly can you see the contours of their face, head, shoulders and body?

Still imagining that friend or relative, how strongly can you see the characteristic poses of their head and body?

How well can you envision the way that friend or relative walks, the length of their step, for example?

Rate how vivid the colours of that person's clothes look in your mind?

Visualise a rising sun and look carefully at the details of that mental picture; how clearly do you see that sun rising above the horizon in a hazy sky?

Imagine the sky clearing and surrounding the sun with blueness, how vivid is that image?

Clouds appear in your sky and a lightning storm erupts - how well can you see it?

A rainbow appears in your sky, how clearly can you make it out?

>Yes
>Yes
>No
>Not very vivid, like black and white
>I can see it but my mind wants to switch to something else
>Kinda vivid
>Pretty Well
>Not very well
Huh, looks like im only 50% retarded as i thought i was
Thanks Jow Forums

[spoiler]sry 4 blogpost [/spoiler]

The inner monologue isn't a good thing. It's something to overcome.

But do you have to do that in words?

If I think about the purpose of a piece of art I try to find a logical conclusion and then I start putting it into words to tell others about it. I think the logic, but I don't need to think 'since this then that'. Sometimes I do, but mostly just to help my mind remember if there are a lot of variables. It can be easier putting them in words and hang onto the words for my memory, rather than keeping all the meanings of the words in memory. But most of the time I do it without words.

no if i look at the art superficially i can answer the obvious without a inner monologue. the style, the brush strokes, the colours, the size etc. the obvious things do not provoke thought. i do ask myself in words about things like 'what is the artist trying to do? how does this art make me feel?' why did they use those colours or paint in those strokes?'

does art not provoke thought in you? when you see a piece of art does it not lead you to questions? do ever wonder what the artist is trying to convey to the viewer? or do you just think it looks nice or does not look nice?

No I definitely can think 'what is the artist trying to do?', but I don't hear it with a voice in my head.

Obvious bait. Next time don't couple it with the yacht pic.

you don't ask yourself 'what is the artist trying to do'? so you see the art and you automatically answer this question? does looking at every piece of art invoke the thought 'what is this artist trying to do'? or does there have to be a circumstance met that triggers you into this thought process?

I'm not sure I get what you're asking. The question 'what is this artist trying to do' is triggered if I get the impression that the art has deeper meaning. If it hasn't, then it isn't triggered. Unless I actively want to find meaning, either because I've been told that there's more to this art than first perceived or if I've deliberately set out to find meaning in it. Still, no words have to be involved for that.

i think you are a NPC user -_-

Kek

Can't tell if troll.

I thought you guys were just memeing this shit, are there people out there who legitimately cannot have a dialogue with themselves? That's literally animal tier. The analysis is what separates us from the beasts.

>inb4 NPC's can't rotate a 3d object in their head

Can do that too you nogs. Not as hard as you think.

Asians have a higher visual-spatial than whites on average