Is beer the biggest scam in history?

Is beer the biggest scam in history?

Why do we pretend to like the taste of it?

Attached: 8C296D15-4CC8-4926-8706-36B331090D8B.jpg (876x493, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ru5uyoskbw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>stop liking what I don't like

its either beer or fucking a ugly girl without being drunk

Because you have an unrefined palette

Keep eating your nuggies and drinking cokokola boyo

Because men drink beer

Try having a beer with some sausage and schnitzel. Beer with German food is amazing.

You have to be 18 to post here

Attached: 350.png (380x349, 124K)

german food and amazing in the same sentence
kek

>The absolute state of bizburgers
White german beer and unfiltered czech or slovak beer are elixirs from the heavens. What have you drink so far, little boy?

Because for some periods of time it was the only sanitary drink for people. Just kinda stuck around I guess... Let's people let their social anxiety down also I think

biggest scam? it probably saved humanity from extinction on multiple occasions

*did you drink so far

Tea is the only drink a real man needs.

Schnitzel?
Spatzel?

Smoked brats?
GTFO its amazing

For fitting in lol. Genius marketing.

Being drunk is the worst recreation I've ever tried. Don't mind the taste but holy fuck that drug is a fucking waste. Anything over a shot or two. Maybe it's because I don't have friends, idk.

Get drunk and listen to emo music, it's rad bro.

it's really purely a social drug. Drops your inhibitions around other people. I don't enjoy being alone and drunk

You guys are absolute retards. Beer is the best thing in the world

when you will grow up kid, you will too like it

Attached: 1514296507098.png (766x574, 691K)

This unironically

you must be like 12 years old or something.

Men enjoy beer. It's amazing to drink, it makes you feel great, social experiences are heightened by it, women are extremely fun, the world's outlook looks brighter- all when on beer.

your problem is your autism.

it is nasty therefore I like it

Weed is better

definitely not. only for idiots

Pretty comfy, i dont know what else to drink to be honest i dont like sweet shit.

I drink coffee, beer and water.

Attached: 15377244409755969759579206669442.jpg (4032x2268, 2.53M)

beer increases your estrogen levels. no man should drink beer.

it highers your test if you drink like 1-2 beer cans a day

>I get shitfaced and do retarded shit under the influence of something that kills tens of thousands of people each year and projectile vomit the next morning
>but let me tell you why weed is for idiots

You will never know the joy of sharing a blunt with your buddies and discussing life

Attached: 1525805026395.png (474x711, 90K)

Mead>beer

Yeah, weed is for idiots. High IQ individuals drink lots of beer instead.

Attached: frat-bros[1].jpg (640x480, 57K)

heineken is the shittiest shit beer of all time, you're never gonna make it

Attached: 1519421371814.png (308x300, 76K)

Woah woah woah
You have no business speaking on something you havent tried. Weed and Alcool is good, but id pick weed anyday.

t. 12th century Knight of the Realm

Mead m'lady?

*tips helmet*

you are seriously gay

i never understood biz's obsession with traps but i guess when you're (((that))) autistic it makes sense

HEINEKEN? FUCK THAT SHIT

PABST
BLUE
RIBBON

Lagunitas ipa
Star dust IPA
8th wonder makes some good brews
Karbach was good until Busch bought them and raped them

youtube.com/watch?v=ru5uyoskbw4
skip to :45
basically it is a scam

A lot of belgian and sour beers are legit delicious. Higher gravity ales are tasty just by virtue of the ethanol overpowering everything. And there are a few rare styles that are tastier more often than they're not. I had a pumpkin schwarzbier yesterday which was the tits, but it's really the exception to the rule.

Most standard lagers, IPAs, brown ales, session ales, etc are just weak pissy yeasty swill. The hops tastes like shit and gives me a headache, and the yeast/carbonation makes me bloat like a bitch on her period.

Seriously who decided that the backbone flavor of the most popular alcoholic drink in the world should be a plant that smells like cat piss and tastes like dish soap.

>beer saved humanity
there is more than one type of alcoholic drink

>Do you want me to pour it Frank?
>NO I WANT YOU TO FUCK IT! SHIT YES POUR THE FUCKING BEER MAN!

I'd take alcohol over weed any day.

Alcohol makes my social anxiety better. Weed makes it worse.

To each their own I guess

>omg czech beer maaannn you gotta try it
>try it
>tastes the same as every other beer
wow

Weedheads should all kill themself for being annoying faggots

Also smoking causes cancer

Yes it does nothing but waste your money and make you feel bad. People will talk about "muh social lube" but if you can't interact with others in a casual way without booze you're better off just working on that than becoming reliant on a destructive drug.

Alcoholics should kill themselves for feeling superior in any way to marijuana consumers.

>weed killing anybody
>ever
Go to bed gramps lmfao zoomers are talking

It literally tastes great. A cold beer after work hits the spot like nothing else. If you don't like it, don't drink it. The arrogance of assuming everybody shares your uninspired taste lol.

It’s great because it drops my iq down to 100 so I can relate to normies,

beer is fucking shit, man. Worst part is its filling. Sour beers are good though.

Would rather drink any hard spirit straight, a cocktail, or wine anyday.

That's not beer though.

>yes goy keep drinking dumb piss juice to fit in
>don’t ever try the devil’s lettuce it will make you see the world in a way you don’t want to see!!!!

Because it wad cheaper and easier to produce than othwr alcohols at the time, which is important since water was dangerous as fuck back in ye olde days. Mead actually 100% tastes better imho, but I guess the honey cost and availability made it too hard to manufacture large scale back then

I think there is definitely a bubble of microbreweries. Seems to be 4-5 in every town now and most of the beer sucks.

I brew my own beer as a hobby. You learn a lot of interesting things. It's significantly easier to make a good tasting IPA than it is to make a good Hefeweizen, Porter, or even a Lager. That's why you walk into a new hip brewery and 8 out of 10 beers are IPAs, their brewers just suck and their customer base is even worst. I still drink IPAs every once and awhile, but really suck of this hip basic brew scene that forgets there is dozens of other good styles to drink and judge a brewer off of. Once this is realized, you'll see a bunch of breweries go out of business.

>it makes you feel great

I'm naturally timid and don't feel comfortable in social situations. I became dependent on beer to meet women and interact with normies. I spent most of my 20's hung over. I am visibly dumber. I get hungover after drinking two beers now.

I love an ice cold beer on a hot day. But this shit is poison and it will kill you.

Attached: beersnob.jpg (760x380, 30K)

Seconding.

Anyone tried a Russian Imperial Stout yet? Looks tasty af, love the dark colour too

Attached: old-rasputin.jpg (1397x1732, 722K)

This. A good lager or pilsner is much more difficult and time consuming to make but also tastier.

>it makes you feel great
lmao it's shit there is a reason why hobos drink it

You're both degenerates. Don't do drugs idiots

This is a traditional stelze with horse radish and some mustard. Gtfo if your fat ass wouldnt eat that

Attached: 207.973.jpg (620x310, 65K)

>I enjoy life without the help of drugs

Attached: 1526598665028.png (1159x665, 231K)

Beer is one of the few things that make me happy, something that I actually look forward to.
I only drink like 2 or 3 beers once or twice a week so it's not that bad I guess.

How often and how much do you guys drink?

Fuck weed AND alcohol. LSD is where it's at, and definitely not every day.

Good taste fren

Attached: 1533806227788.jpg (736x815, 38K)

just liquor and wine beer is for plebs

This, too much zucchini, shit carbs etc needs more meat, at least where I am. Buchweizen is alright tho

non alcoholic beer is superior
>tastes better
>1/2 calories
>clean mind
>great for body after sport

This. The other two are ok, but a yearly dose of acid does wonders for the mind.

Attached: 1524862366487.jpg (639x624, 52K)

I hate alcohol but I love beer. Maybe because you've only had shitty beer. Only place I'd recommend having a beer is Europe. Those niggas can make a fucking tasty beer.

Try Icelandic beer. You'll think every other beer brands taste like piss.

Now that is good stuff

Attached: 1535454771859.jpg (273x185, 8K)

Go back to video game board fucking zoomer

Attached: 1530296733712.png (428x682, 109K)

You are actually right.

I hate IPA so much. It's ok on rare occasion but way too obnoxious to drink all the time and they're about 4/5 of the taps whenever I end up in a bar now. Learn a new trick you hipster fucks.

beer drinkers are literal idiots

Weed with a small amount of alcohol first=most sublime and relaxed high you’ll ever have. For me, that’s 2-3 beers, depending on abv, then smoking a nice bowl.

Mead is great. It fueled the Viking hordes for centuries and is the drink of warriors in Valhalla. Beer is great, too.

It tastes like dirt. Seriously. If you took a handfull of random earth and stuck it in your mouth ot would taste like a heineken

Beer is literally the reason that society came to exist and it saved us from extinction thousands of times over.

>The first item that people made with grain
>The reason people settled down to farm
>The only way to store food long-term that was relatively safe from vermin and contaminants.
>Boiling of water during the brewing process made it safe to drink
>Nutrients in old fashioned beers sustained people through famine
>Many of us would not be here if ancestors hadn’t gotten drunk and fucked each other.

Beer predates bread and distilled liquors. Along with wine, cider, and mead it was the only alcohol available, but its boiling during the brewing process made it safer than water to drink in medieval and ancient civilazations. As a social elixir, it helped fuel the relationships and sharing of ideas that led to revolutions and great philosophical/artistic movements.

Try Belgian Trappist ales like China’s sometime. Or try good British ales or German lagers. There’s good beer out there.

yes peasant, this is your elixir

Beer was used for hydration of the troops and morale booster of the troops, making them reckless.

Back in the middle ages where you belong, the only clean source of water was often beer, as it has little alcohol in it that kills germs.

Beer is poison, it is addictive because it has alcohol. You can get anything addicted to alcohol.

After you are addicted, your "taste" changes.

>t. alcoholic
when are you going to stop pretending its ok to drink this and accept you're an addict?

I
LOVE
BEER

Attached: 1491306860_58e3896ce2ce1.jpg (2600x1600, 282K)

pic related was very interesting for a change

Attached: 1520314489956.jpg (474x712, 58K)

god that sounds awful

Chimay, not China’s. For the love of GOD do not drink chink beer.

T. Faggot

90% of IPAs are nasty. If a brewer knows how to balance out the bitterness with some citrusy flavor and malt they’re good. Hipsters are moving on to sours, which taste like sweat and sour milk and are much grosser than any IPA. Give me a good wit ale, stout, or ESB any day.

Yeah, but they aren’t beer. Beer, wine, mead, cider, and other similar non-distilled liquors were the only options for millennia. Beer was the healthiest and best of those due to the boiling sterilizing nasty ancient water during brewing and all the nutrients that were left in there. Some religious orders will still fast and survive solely on the nutrients from the beer they drink for weeks at a time.

Mead was popular in Northern Europe where grain for beer doesn’t grow well. It was mostly a drink of the nobility and religious festivals, as it’s described in Beowulf and Norse sagas.

They originally did it because the hops acted as a preservative so the beer would keep longer, plus a lot of people (especially psychopaths and sociopaths) are drawn to bitter flavors.

Kek. Fucking love that movie.

Elon musk says this stuff decreases productivity

Old Rasputin is pretty good. Super bitter, like dark chocolate/black coffee bitter x 100, and not shitty IPA hops bitterness.

I prefer Steel Reserve high gravity lager(8.1% ABV), nice and crisp while cold for a VERY low cost, the high alcohol content means you don't have to drink massive quantities and piss every 15 minutes

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (380x349, 61K)

Radical Protestants 400 years ago strong-armed the use of hops as a way of making beer dull and soporific. Prior to that, you had gruit, beer brewed with heather, yarrow, and other herbs, which had remarkable stimulating properties which the Protestants found inimical to their dour way of life.

Yes, they also made beer using dandelion which is a liver tonic and prevent liver damage from the alcohol

>smells like cat piss and tastes like dish soap.
sounds like you have that one mutation of the taste/smell receptors which makes you hate beer