Anybody here trading gaming stocks?

Anybody here trading gaming stocks?

I've learned to do so in the past years day-trading Activision-Blizzard, EA, Sony and Nintendo.

The things I began to learn are astonishing, I can as well tell like many others that Nintendo will be nowhere to be seen in the years to come, despite what many would love to see.

I've loaded up on CDProjekt when they suffered a dip last year, what would you say is a good public gaming brand to trade or shows some promise?

Attached: Ntdoy.jpg (1497x791, 194K)

>Nintendo will be nowhere to be seen in the years to come
Nintendo has so much money in their vaults that they could make literally nothing for a decade and still be fine.

Invest in Capcom, Monster Hunter is raising their stock.

>Nintendo has so much money in their vaults that they could make literally nothing for a decade and still be fine.

The switch is already costing them a lot, shareholders are selling everytime more because they can't reassure them in terms of online play which is all they care about.

No Splatoon 2 is not saving them either, they would rather go buy funds that include Epic games shares, which skyrocket in the past months thanks to fortnite alone, imagine what it Epic will be worth EOY.

I would love to, but I haven't found ways to buy shares from TSE market.

How will Blizzard share fare after BFA release?
I heard that sold quite well but i'm pretty sure there will be few resub after 2 months.
In your experience how this will impact the share price?

I don't know, I wouldn't buy a share based on one release.
One thing I can see though, is that their stock has been steadily going up after each quarter and keeps going on an uptrend, so maybe wait for a dip and go long for a whole semester.

Either way I don't find activision-blizzard interesting to trade with.

Of all the stocks I've purchased, WWE is the only one I've seen a good return on.

Of course, I own 40 shares of Sony
They're basically an insurance company though

isnt WOW the biggest source of revenue for Blizzard? i thought that wow success will make or break blizzard fiscal year.
What are some interesting vidya stock to trade with except CDPR?

Does the price correlate with their game release?

To be more accurate, try reasearch their earnings and quarterly report, this is what matters, for instance many people though EA's price would bounce back after FIFA19 is out, and it did nothing, it just doesn't correspond for this particular stock, the price doesn't always correlate on a release.

In Epic Games case(They are not public but some Chinese funds include shares of Epic games) they are heavily dependant on their gaming sector so Fortnite made a good impression.

Then again the only people who profit are the ones who included said shares.

So how is BFA going to impact their value? Not much, over a short period of time, but seeing how they keep doing good the price will go up eventually as it's already going up, but buying Activision now is too late I would say the dip is already past and there is no telling how far they will go up before plunging again.
It's a reliable stock though, but I would wait for a small dip before buying, actually there are people who are already going short on it.

Chart related

Attached: activi.jpg (1489x690, 88K)

thanks for the heads up.
What are your favorite vidya stocks then?

>What are your favorite vidya stocks then?

Right now I look at EA, Sony and Nintendo.
Keep in mind I'm not very familiar with video game stock, this thread is because I look for insights on this sector and if there good trading strategies to put in play with these stocks.

Activision seems nice to daytrade with, but I (personally) wouldn't risk it because I don't see how this stock works other than being steady and on an uptrend.

in CDPR case I got lucky because their stock plunged last year after news about mismanagment.

EA too after their BF5 clusterfuck.

But both these stocks are promised to bounce back next year, CDPR went up with only one trailer of cyberpunk, imagine where they will be when they start competing with Bethesda and become a world reknown brand(which is already the case).

The ones you want to invest in are unknowns that may hit it big. Think of it as buying a lottery ticket.
If you are looking for solid investments to add to your portfolio look elsewhere.

i agree that both EA and CDPR are due for a bounce.
imo except for the various controversy BFV will sell well, Cyberpunk sell will go ham.
Blizzard is in an uptrend since the release of wow, overwatch sold pretty well and now they are sitting on a huge pile of cash. the market seems to continue to be hooked to wow so the uptrend is here to stay imo

>The ones you want to invest in are unknowns that may hit it big. Think of it as buying a lottery ticket.

Where to find them? Most gaming companies don't go public, not even in penny stocks.

Good bread.

>imo except for the various controversy BFV will sell well
Gamer here. I'd stay away from EA. Not just because of BFV but more so because of their regulatory problems with MTX.
Keep in mind, I have no idea about the stick itself, but about 60% of their revenue comes from MTX and Lootboxes and IMHO they will take a big hit in this departement.

do you have any figure representing the revenue percentage of microtransaction vs vidya sold?

I hold blizzard since it was $14

just because people seem outraged over mtx doesn't mean the group includes the actual people who spend money on mtx, I'd argue they're mostly separate groups.

in regards to CDPR, their newest title was hyped to hell by journos, but their gameplay while highly praised, I've went over it multiple times and It's not 100% hit. Anyway, be wary.

holy shit, how many years is this?

Somewhere in 2014
Same year i bought amazon at $240

And im not fucking selling

>And im not fucking selling

You're probably sitting on $100k and more right now right?
Why not sell and reinvest?

10k in crypto
100k in stocks (45k in amzn, 12k in blizzard)

Why would i sell? Blizzard is printing money and amazon will rule the market more than ever. They didnt even start

Those 2 above are my comfiest holds. Still holding some apple and google, would rather sell them before

If you live in a county where you can buy nintendo and you don't buy and hold that shit until at least mid December you are literally retarded. Actual switch sales start Q4 this year and that's despite the console already selling well.

All of them OP. The old people of today don't play vidya because they did not grow up with it, but the 30 year old boomer generation that grew up playing games still play and I believe will continue to do so until old age. Meanwhile kids being born start playing games at young ages and should continue to do so until old age.

What does this mean? The population of gamers is increasing every year and so I would expect the market to do the same.

>just because people seem outraged over mtx doesn't mean the group includes the actual people who spend money on mtx, I'd argue they're mostly separate groups.

I'm with you on that but
1) the people keeping an online game alive are the hardcore gamers (might differ in case of fifa, madden, etc. but def. not when it comes to shooters. It's like the hardcore star wars fans keeping lucas arts alive up until recently)
2) My bigger concern would be the multiple governments looking into the legality of loot boxes. When they discover what an actual shitshow it is (and it is) I see no way around for them regulating or outright banning it - at least in the eu. Which sucks if one of your biggest cashcows is FUT.
Also, Anthem will probably underperform. Bioware leeks of SJWs and they lost much of their staff that made them big very recently (past ME:A)

Fortnite doesn't have lootboxes but their subscription based battlepass and they rake in millins, so I can see EA adopting the subscription based model for FIFA if countries start banning lootboxes.