Why is TA so successful?

Attached: elliot1.gif (300x250, 2K)

TA is great but Elliot Wave Theory is bullshit

Gives you the ability to rely on yourself and not be some nigger buying fud

it literally isn't at all. it's tea leaf reading convolved with the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

The real question is, why aren't you a billionaire yet?

it's sel fullfilling prophecy, the more educated the market the more accurate the TA

>my stocks got -10% this year but its ok because I bought them cheap with FA
t.

you long silver or link?

FA unironically makes people much more wealthy than TA does in investing. picking sleeper companies with good management, good books, a long term vision and a p/e ratio with plenty of headroom is so much more valuable than scalping chart patterns in the stock market.

Poor gag spotted

incorrect. i hate TA because it leads people to ruins and i invested in bitcoin in 2013 based on pure fundamentals and was rewarded handsomely. been around in this game long enough to know TA is bullshit. you'll get there.

anything would have worked at that time, honestly

The majority of trades on exchanges are made by bots..bots need some sort of algo/programming to function and most if not all use ta indicators to trade..so by knowing ta you can predict the direction/behavior of future trades..

What sometimes fucks this up (and why ta isn’t perfect) is the human element..for example if a link bag holder wants to unload a few hundred k link at market price all the ta in the world won’t save you

What are some non meme TA techniques?

Head and shoulders

>literally the biggest meme

Attached pic with the common patterns- investopedia/stock trader.com etc. will have more details about how to trade them..the guy who posted this on Twitter is pretty good too- I do my own ta but like to check his page once or twice a day..

If you’re really serious would also recommend learning about candlestick shapes too..knowing shooting star, gravestone Doji, etc. has saved my ass a bunch of times...shooting star got me the fuck out of ripple at 11k sat as a recent example of how knowing candlesticks is useful

Attached: 697EEFBD-945C-4037-A1F5-BAE3F4256B40.jpg (1467x1516, 725K)

For indicators you don’t really need anything too fancy- find one of two that work for you stick to them at first anyway.. would recommend some combination of ema,macd,stoch rsi, or Bollinger bands

Support and resistance are king.

Fibs are probably the biggest meme. If you spot anyone using fibs, they're guaranteed to be fucking retarded.

>candlestick shapes

Attached: 1523158528962.png (731x1172, 567K)

Lol patterns might have been better but only a re didn’t know what I meant