I am considering living out of my car for the next few years in order to turbo-save as much as possible

I am considering living out of my car for the next few years in order to turbo-save as much as possible.
Rent is £500/mo here, which is 18% of my salary. If I lived out of my car (showering at the gym, using public wifi and power outlets) for 3 years, that would save me £18k (closer to £22k if I am constantly investing the money, as I plan to).
Pic related is my car, spacious and comfy. I could turn the backseats into a bed. For food, I would either eat cheap takeaway or use a camp cooker. No need for a fridge as I will be living right next to a supermarket and can stock up whenever necessary.

Am I being autistic for even considering this? I just wanna be rich, lads...

Attached: car.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-transit-van-280-swb-low-mileage-long-mot/283169337941?hash=item41ee353255:g:92cAAOSw1i5bon2I
reddit.com/r/vandwellers/
coub.com/view/11at9f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is utterly retarded.
At least get a camper van or something

Why don't you get a temporary part time job? Working extra hours sounds a lot better than living in a car.

>get a camper van
I literally have 0 standards for my own comfort, I don't need one. They're too expensive to buy/run/insure anyway. All I need is a place to sit and a place to sleep. A car offers both.

I'll already be working maxxed-out hours at my job, including night shifts and weekends
Yeah I have no life, I just want to save up a good lump of money so that I can start a business and make it. I'm 23 and want to achieve this by the age of 30.

Seriously.. do it. I would if I could but I am a princess with sleep problems. I need privacy and a quiet place to sleep.
At least try it out for 6 months to see how you handle it. Worst case you cant continue but you've already saved over 3k

yea user you'll have hard time sleeping in that after a week when you develop back problems...
why cant you trade it for van ?

>Am I being autistic for even considering this?
no, you're a fine lad unironically, go for it

I'm saying work 7 days a week if you aren't already. If you want to live in a car go for it, but having a bed and bathroom etc are something that shouldn't be taken for granted. Good luck.

How to keep warm in winter? A car isnt well insulated

Also consider:
>does local law allow wild camping? (yes, sleeping in your car is considered wild camping)
>won't you freeze and/or get sick? winter is coming and you must be from the UK since you're talking that meme currency.
>developing issues with your back from sleeping in a car for 3 YEARS will rack up some nice health bills and pain for you

otherwise, do it and keep posting about it on social media, maybe you'll be internet famous and sell some merch on the side

Sleeping in your car will create steamy windows.
Steamy windows are a big red flag for police and in the cUK you can get arrested for sleeping in your car(if the keys are inside the vehicle, even in your pockets).

Good luck.

go for it bro, better than wasting money on rent

I suggest trialling it for like 2 weeks to see what it is like before going for it 100%

This would also be my main concern. I don't want you to freeze user.

Mate get a cheap ford transit get shitloads in it and wont have people looking in at you while your shitposting on Jow Forums
,ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-transit-van-280-swb-low-mileage-long-mot/283169337941?hash=item41ee353255:g:92cAAOSw1i5bon2I

what? I get why they don't allow people to sleep in their cars but what's the clause with the keys? it's ok if someone locks you in the car every night and leaves with the keys? that makes no sense

an absolutely terrible idea you will regret after a few days.

This. Sleeping in a car sucks dude. You will bare minimum need a van so you can sleep on a flat surface.

also unironically these people maybe able to help you reddit.com/r/vandwellers/

>living in your fucking car for 3 years just to save a measly 18k

The absolute state

Yes, you're autistic as fuck, and lack any real life experience.

>I'm gonna live in a car.
>no electricity.
>no insulation.
>no bed.
>no shower.
>no light.
>no nothing.
>I don't see why this is a problem, you guys. I'm gonna be so rich in a couple of years from saving up my shit low salary, rather than get a better paying job, and not paying 2x what I should be paying for a shit apartment at my age.

11/10 idea, OP.

Attached: autism ph.jpg (286x308, 34K)

where is your sleeping loicense mate

just rent a room instead of a whole flat to yourself, try getting a better paying job, and give up on alcohol and junk food instead desu (cook your own)

autistic or no money is money, is the only thing that matters

This.

Destroy your health now by doing this. Go ahead. You'll be paying way more than what you save now in the long term.

>>no electricity.
ever been in a car?
>>no insulation
$10 home depot
>>no bed
im sure he will make one if he plans to sleep in it
>>no shower
read the OP
>>no light
again, ever been in a car?
>>no nothing
you are trash

If u dont care about women or status, ofc u shud why not

coub.com/view/11at9f
I'd use hot water bottles and tick blankets,plus my superior nordic genes, to keep me warm
I just checked this - it is legal, provided you are parked legally and not under the influence of drink or drugs. I imagine the police would keep pestering me for at least the first few months though
I'll look into getting a van. My car won't sell for much, and a van is pretty expensive to buy upfront... last thing I want is a fucked up back though
>issues with your back
This is my main concern. Heath is priceless, as they say. Maybe if I get a good-quality mattress topper, I could preserve my back
>internet famous
I think I'd rather kms

>better than wasting money on rent
Exactly. I hate paying this extortionate rent like a little cuck, and getting a mortgage is even worse.

Good shout, I doubt this would lose more than £500 in value over the next few years, especially since I won't be driving many miles. This looks like a good option.

The bit with the keys applies to people who are intoxicated. If you're asleep in your car while under the influence - even if your keys are in your pocket - it will be charged as a DUI

Yes, cars are very famous for having electrical outlets in enough supply to keep all your millenial and crephtoe investor toys hooked up at all times.

Yes, 10 dollar home depot visits are very good ways to make it so a car doesn't turn super fucking hot in the summer, or super fucking cold in the winter.

Yes, cars are famously able to be converted to sleeping quarters for absolutely no money, and have more than enough room to accommodate a neet, all his tech toys, his fans, his fleshlights, anime figurines, and wage cuck wardrobe.

Yes, public gyms have no problem with you showering there, just like they have no problem with fucking hobos showering there 'because I'm totally a member of this gym, not a cheap ass hobo.'

Yes, cars are known far and wide for having good enough lighting to where you can do stuff in them.

Yes, you are a faggot. Thank you so much for erasing any doubt that you may or may not have been one.

Attached: mad bangbros.jpg (246x240, 8K)

Don't cares have shit ventilation? And what are you gonna do when niggas smash your window with a baseball bat?

this is weird. biz really changed and im not sure what this demographic is now. seems like a lot of negative nancy's who lost all their money or loads of redditors and some kids

people usto be normal when some user said he would live in a car and give actual advice

>rather than get a better paying job
You wouldn't believe me if I told you what my job was. I'll just leave it at this - I can't get another one
I don't give a fuck about roasties or anything else

You better have good blankets tight knit wool are usually the best.
Patagonia jackets are some of the best quality out there

>paying 2x what I should be paying for
Where I live, £500 for my room is as good a deal as you will get.
>inb4 go live somewhere else
I can't, not for the next 5-6 years anyway

Good advice, I need to start cutting down on my food expenses

>lelectrical outlets
my phone and laptop can be charged at work, and will lat a full day on a single charge
>insulation
not a problem
>neet, all his tech toys, his fans, etc etc
Literally just me, my laptop, phone, clothes, and some books from the library
>gym
I will obviously be going to the gym to work out, as well as shower
>lighting
not a problem

Yeah, I know it's a shit and minimalist lifestyle, but the point is it's doable, and the financial reward MIGHT actually be worth it. If I can save enough to fastrack my financial progress by 1-2 years, while only sacrificing non-essential comforts, then I say it's worth it tbqh

>niggas
Yeah, this is another of my concerns. Don't really know what to do about it, can't arm myself since the police will be on my dick already. Will just have to be careful where I park

>wasting money on rent
interesting phrasing, I would have gone with "spending money to have a private toilet"

>provate toilet
Sounds like a luxury to me. I have been shitting once per day, at exactly the same time, since I can remember. This can be done at work

also consider that you'll have to wash and dry your clothes, have some sort of kitchenware and cutlery that you also must clean if you don't plan on living on takeaway for 3 years. also exclusively using public toilets for 3 years means you'll be contracting disease quite often. getting sick while living in a car is also a major pain in the ass.