Currently in CS undergrad

Currently in CS undergrad.
How do I get into a top CS graduate program?

Attached: MIT_Seal.svg.png (1200x1196, 570K)

Why the fuck would you?

t. Caltech CS minor. Don't waste your time with autistic grad programs, go straight to industry . Name means nothing in CS, what matters is what you can produce Start coding projects now, preferabt in crypto

Work your ass off, faggot.

suck 1000 dicks for $1 each

I don't want to go into no-name kill yourself companies. Going straight to industry won't separate me from the next schmuck.

It's all about the coding tests/what projects you have

Big name school won't get you anything, just spend time prepping for interviews and doing coding tests/projects

>wasting your time going to grad school
>for CS of all things
why?
you're not one of those retards that dreams of working at google or some shit are you?

Grad school is a meme my dude, just bee yourself and get good internship lmao

t. Course 6 and 18 major, $155k starting

Attached: IMG_8519.jpg (676x507, 29K)

I don't go to MIT already :( i go to a semi above average state school

Well, same still applies then. Again grad school is mostly a debt trap unless you want to go into and stay in academia. I know plenty of starving PhDs.

An MBA could be worth it but not much else.

be a faggot black female.

this isn't true. i have a relatively high gpa (comfortably above 3.5) and have had internships with NASA and a soon to be Fortune 15 company AND i'm a black male. i'm trying to guarantee my foot in the door at any company.

who you are is worthless, what you do is priceless. companies dont want employees, they want the code that employees make.

then why bother asking us?

Personally, i wouldnt even bother unless you know damn well it will market you better or you want some personal achievement.

Experience over more education isnt always true unless you are going for very important positions such as R&D.

mistake in my claim...meant to say:

more formal education over experience....

You're never guaranteed shit. And don't try and play the race card, you're doing yourself a disservice if you accept being part of a quota.

Grow up man.

So start your own damn company, the internet is the perfect place to do so

I'm definitely playing the race card, thanks. I'll continue to stay my same age, too. Thank you for your input!

Fellow Pasadenanon reporting

I thought most good tech companies won't interview you if you don't have an elite pedigree (MIT, Berkeley, Caltech, Stanford, etc.)

>couldn't even get into a top school with affirmative action
nope, it's the HFT companies that do that

Are they more competitive than top tech companies, or just more obsessed with pedigree?

You got into MIT, you can figure it out.

Some people get everything handed to them on a plate. 3.5 GPA lmao. Do you even care about this stuff?

??? CS and Engineering grad school you get paid for. (Like 30k-ish to be a TA and waived tuition.) if you don’t youre doing it wrong.

Opportunity cost.

-Work your ass off for a strong GPA
-Do extra stuff like work in a lab/internships
-Get great GRE scores
-Produce top quality work at your lab/internship
-get killer recommendations from professors who went to the school(s) you're applying to

Fuck dirty dena

Only reason to do grad is if you personally want to be in academia. Or... you are gonna be doing research for some company that will give you like 200k+/management/project lead pay there. (but the stats show that’s more exception to the rule, you might only get 10% more pay than an undergrad... so yea. Fuck it.)