Astraea

Shintaku isn't the problem. It's the solution to the problem Adler couldn't figure out with Athena. Meet Astraea the new version which integrates the new game theory based solution Shintaku's dev came up. This system provides permanent token emission. Meaning an infinite number of tokens.

This game theory solution sidesteps the need for aggregation and reputation?

Not to FUD but what's to stop Adler from publishing Astraea? What advantages does Link over Astraea? Not fudding just want to understand. Link to fully peer-reviewed whitepaper for Astraea

arxiv.org/pdf/1808.00528.pdf

Attached: 1536262180475.png (750x500, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fields.utoronto.ca/talks/Astraea-Decentralized-Blockchain-Oracle
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748646.0
media.consensys.net/the-state-of-decentralized-oracles-df45bf0dc51d
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shintaku fucking solved the Oracle Problem. It is solved. Done. Finito.

Not even Big Mac got shit on these.

Even if this is purely academic at the moment? Oh, I forgot to mention it was presented at the fucking Fields institute last month.

This is legit as fuck. It's a better mechanism than chainlink's

bump need answers anons.

Attached: Link Galaxy.jpg (8066x4536, 3.68M)

I've been in LINK since ED and have a fairly sizable stack. Never once considered selling. I understand the tech. Never even bothered with the FUD because of that. Anons, this one's got me shook. Straight up

there are no link threads on biz. its the end of the world

nice virus

>44▶
> (OP)
>nice virus

Yeah...the Cornell Research Library has a ton of those.....fuckwit

Thanks user... js sold 100k link

>Anonymous (ID: 3fVvySkX) 09/30/18(Sun)05:51:33 No.11255056▶
>

>> (OP) (OP)
>>nice virus
>Yeah...the Cornell Research Library has a ton of those.....fuckwit
fucking scammer im ifncated

Kek. Linkies shook af now. Better sell

Imagine my disappointment when I unlocked your wallet to find it was full of digibyte and spank chain. Also, dude...that tranny collection on your PC was fucking questionable but when I opened your Cheese Pizza folder. Fuck dude...enjoy your van ride.

Is it over for Link?

I'm seriously concerned it might be. An alternative that has an infinite supply and is free for anyone to fork. If chainlink doesn't change their setup now...I'm not sure that any partnership or connections could save them from an arguably better basically free service.

not to mention people are like Adler who?......yeah guy is a legit academic. He doesn't give a shit about profit. He's in it for the games and theory accolades alone. Unless someone gets in here and debunks this shit more than muh delphi, muh quads of truth. I've got my entire stack off the wallet and on binance.

thanks
just checked the pdf out
if I understand correctly
they're exactly like link but instead of having voting and certifying done by 1 person they segregated it into two.
Because of this, the game theory might not be as straight forward as link's
but in the end it should be the same
I think?
how is this not getting more attention?
is this board really just an echo chamber filled with deluded linkies?

t. 14 linkpool shares and 19.4k link

How can bank monopolize a free service? 8/10 FUD.

>infinite supply and free for anyone to fork doesn't really leave node runners with incentives right?
I mean no one's gonna run a node "just because" for other companies.
r-r-r-right?

They won't be able to make money on it and that is a selling point for Link. However, it doesn't make $link the moonshot it was.

Universitys run nodes for this shit for research and the lulz dude. Every university with a CS department will have people learning shit by setting up nodes. I work at a university...I should fucking know.

I am going to be running a Link node for the profits, my node will contribute to the decentralization of the oracles. I certainly wouldn't bother running a node for this shit if I am not making money off it.

I made the sage argument back with Nano/Raiblocks being free and feeless. These are all pipedreams and maybe some academic retard that lived in an ivory tower can think a network can run without fee's and profits but in real life money runs everything.

How is the network going to be properly decentralized if no one wants to run nodes for it? How bad will the congestion be?

See above

will those be enough though?
I'm beginning to doubt if you're just fudding or if it's serious talk
universities wouldn't have enough nodes running the network if it'll handle the volume it's supposed to

No incentive to run nodes. No punishment for feeding the system with wrong data. So whats the point?

>peer reviewed
>ChainLink [21] aims to provide a cross-chain portal to internet-available information i.e., data available on websites, through their centralized system

Also, I've been testing CL nodes since before testnet. I too plan(ned?) to run a node. So I know what's quite unironically at stake. I want serious responses. How does a fully noded free alternative beat CL?

Maybe at first. But blockchain is all the rage in CS departments, Law, and Business. Especially focused on...Smart Contracts. Not LARPing about being at a university in a systems role.

A few uni's wont affect much. You need thousands upon thousands to be truly decentralized. A few hundred uni nodes wont be good enough.

Astraea is the old name for Athena, brainlet

What/who lets a link node know it provided bad data?
Are the link tokens taken as penalty distributed to the users of smart contracts that were impacted by the bad data?

the paper talks about having stakes from voters and certifiers. In order for the stake to have meaning, it needs monetary value. Otherwise, the game theory wouldn't play out as there's no incentive for people to act in good faith.
the trustlessness gets compromised and etc.

Then why was the peer review paper published last month and then Astraea presented at Fields Institue late last month?

I saw that. Unlike all the other oracle providers the explanation for Link was very brief. Also just using the word centralization is a jab even though they mean the centralized web services and not Link.

Part of Consensus, aggregation, and reputation.

All of those constructs sidestepped by this method.

hmm

especially the part in the paper mentioning systems that were backdoored. I believe this was a jab at CL directly. Also agree with them discrediting A. Jules and Mr. Nazarov's paper.

I wonder if Sergey has seen this.

Can anyone send this to Thomas or Rory and get an opinion?

This is where I'm at on this logic. Other than a source of revenue for CS departments. I can't see it carrying a ton of monetary value but some. However, permanent token emission doesn't end and new coins will always be available. They can adjust that emission schedule any time they like by hard fork.

Not fudding at all. I want LINK to succeed more than anyone. Someone grab the fucking autists....well at least one more than me.

Buy Mobius sir

nano pumped tho

Someone posted a tweet from Jonny Huxtable (linkpool.io) saying he'd looked at Shintaku but said he couldn't see how it would be a working decentralized system. In which he'd be right. It's not meant to be a network but Athaera is. Adler himself said it needed more testing. Testing with creating adapters and tools for it.

Here's another spoopy fact. Adler joined ConsenSys recently and posted that medium article. I believe him coming out with a literal mic drop about it being problem solved by shintaku...yeah it was solved by this dude. He's going to be the one that makes it work. Fucker is in it for a fields medal and a fuck fucking check from Consensys. Whom you'll bet will run their nice free Athaera nodes.

Attached: Jonny.jpg (1016x859, 149K)

In 2070 there will be dreadlocked cyborgs on VR simulation university plazas saying that the oracle economy should be incentive-less because everyone, like, deserves quality data just as much as everyone else, and all those big important smart contracts are just exploiting nodes with low/no link by paying them less than other nodes.

God damnit...can't ever spell Astraea right. Want to jam together Athena with it.

>first they laugh at you ...
Poor Johnny doesn't know what's coming to him

This was after the pump when it tanked. The pump was pure hype.

Someone fucking get Thomas or Roy on this I want to know what they think but I don't use slack or discord or whatever the fuck they are on. This is the biggest FUD since 2017 and the price hasn't moved an inch either. It's so strange.

- Someone ask Jonny to take at Astraea, not just Shintaku. Someone closer to the project than me needs to refute my logic on this. Anyone with a serious understanding of LINK step to the mic.

lo your FUD thread got BTFO by Jonny. Get a life you no linker fag

So chainlink makes the assumption that "correct" is defined by the majority

Link to Fields Institute presentation.

fields.utoronto.ca/talks/Astraea-Decentralized-Blockchain-Oracle

It was presented during a blockchain research symposium there March 2018. This shit is virtually unknown outside of academic circles.

See the post where I said he'd looked at Shintaku and not Astraea, brainlet.

I've done quite a lot of research on this starting yesterday. I had found the original link to Shintaku on bitcoin talk back in early summer and said the same thing as him. It's not Shintaku. It's what Adler is building off it now.

They say they will determine correctness based on deviation from peers
What mechanism defines the degree of deviation for a node to be incorrect

Sort of like how Link is virtually unheard of outside of biz?

1000 suicides EOY

I'd imagine that could be set through the front end (which doesn't exist yet as far as I know for Astraea. However, a frontend is relatively trivial for a team to write.

In 21 months nobody will remember Shintaku and the ones who are scooping up as much LINK as they can today will be choosing what color they want their lambo to come in

nope...Shintaku isn't going to do shit other than obsolete the entire profit potential and obsolete its tech. If CL does not pivot to the new solution. Like I said someone PLEASE fucking debunk me.

nah fuck off

Yeah I'm sure it'll beat Link just like mobius and every other piece of shit that's used as fud

Buy Astraea, sirs, many monies, you will not regret, sir!

Even more spoopy is that the author of Shintaku is completely unknown on google. Nothing, nada, zip. Maybe on Chinese search engines but nothing I can find.

Also, get this. He PGP signed his bitcointalk post. Which is sort of rare.

Link to post: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748646.0

Which reminds me very much of how Satoshi dropped bitcoin. However, only Adler was smart enough to realize what he'd found which he referenced in his now famous Consensys blog post..

shintaku is some jap gook nerd who has never seen the light of day. You think he can create the empire Sergey is in the process of building? Don't think so.

>some user on a taiwanese dumpling recipe subreddit thinks he’s anticipating road blocks that the CL team already hasn’t

I don't even know if he is real. However, I do believe his idea was very real and Astraea is making that into a working blockchain oracle in conjunction with ConsenSys who would have some interest in removing the need to worry about their backend needing to deal with LINK tokens, etc.

Maybe this Pgp signed bitcointalk post is actually v2 of satoshi nagamoto and this is actually another NSA puppet deploying their ideas for the future economy.

Nobody in this thread has any clue / is pretending they know what’s going when they’re lost as fuck.

I've watched the project since its inception. I bought when it hit ED. Burger here. I've never anticipated a roadblock. Unless Sergey or Steve happened across the same bitcointalk forum Adler did then how could they have known any sooner than I did. Which was when biz knew.

Which...I guess is kinda now. Someone wake rory the fuck up and then tell him to wake Sergey up. I want my fucking answers. I do NOT want to drop my bags.

Now you sound like you are shilling this Astraea shit.

Regardless of that, isn't this another Cardano situation where you just have some scientific whitepaper and no product? ADA didn't stop other coins from mooning hard in December and January.

Someone needs to contact the team on this so the FUD can end. It's definitely the most worrying FUD in a while but also the least effective, this shit has been known for at least over a day now and the price hasn't moved an inch. What is going on with Link right now. The lack of price action makes this FUD seem like we aren't being told something and whales aren't falling for it.

Rub your two brain cells together and see if you can figure out why nobody would trust a literal who oracle network that isn’t incentivized. Once you figure it out, go ahead and quit bumping your own low quality fud thread.

Why would I shill something that would be basically free?

This is actually another question of mine as I mentioned above. It would have a smallish monetary value even though it permanently exhausts tokens. University departments and anyone running a node would be able to make a small profit. It's an academic project it is not built to make profit. I understand the concept of chainlinks penalty payments but penalty payments are completely unneeded when you can without a doubt determine that the oracle's answers are true beyond a mathematical doubt.

mathematical certainty, rather

The fact that these academics have a hard time - they are even failing - to grasp the implications of what ChainLink is and can do, helps cement the idea that the reason ChainLink hasn't taken off on hype as much as we would like is simply because both problem and solution aren't as obvious for outsiders and semi-insiders as we think it. We were and still are bombarded with threads and posts, spoonfeeding all the noobs, fudding eachother and the team until every little point of doubt and uncertainty is perused and laid aside. We truely are the early adopters of what will most likely be the third big wave in cryptocurrencies.

>The peer-reviewed paper is available here (for free). Aside: due to academic inertia, it was published under the overall project’s original name, but the system described therein is properly named Athena.
media.consensys.net/the-state-of-decentralized-oracles-df45bf0dc51d

is this pasta now? I mean...its good pasta if I'm blown out, which I hope I am. I think Consensys, Lubin, and Adler grasp the implications quite fine.

imagine being a fucking discord faggot, holy shit. you plebs are basically putting full time hours into this shit when you could just be working and buying more link. absolute detritus.

Whatever they want to call it. This was his plug back to himself for the original idea that led to Shintaku which led to fucking Astraea

I'm not in a discord. I have a full-time job. I've invested heavily in LINK when it hit ED. I look after my fucking investments and if there is a threat to my investment I'm going to fucking find out and consider dropping my bags.

cope

Haven't sold but I've set a lower stop limit order to preserve the actual profit I have from buying my stack early. I'm not stupid enough to swing-trade with my stack. I have plenty enough link to make a pretty long red candle.

Sell and make the candle then if you believe Athena is a threat to Link. You haven't managed to make even the little dent to the price yet, maybe you will have to start the dump to get momentum going. Come on user put it under 5k sats again.

Is there any chance at all with how much fucking research I've put into this I might be asking a legitimate fucking question? I don't want to fucking sell you absolute fucking tool. I want someone to tell me what I'm not understanding or missing. Apparently, this is not something I'm going to get from you.

Ask on telegram if you want serious answers

It's a really bad day today user. Jow Forums is dead. The 1broker SEC fud about Binance and Bitmex getting shut down, BTC going down yet again, and this news about a possible Link competitor, it's not a good day and it's the deadest I've seen the board in a while.

Do what the other user says and ask on the fucking telegram for your answer and post it back here. If you don't do that and keep asking here when clearly none of us know and we are all as worried as you are about it with no real answer beyond speculation, then you are just trying to FUD us.

>Relying on biz for info and understanding

You should sell user

It's already been asked on telegram.

aaaaaaaaaa fuck
this ruined my sunday

no one can be smarter than sergey right?

What was the response from the team?

Have Thomas and Rory both heard about this?

>if there is a threat to my investment
If you think a single commit academic project is a threat to Chainlink then I honestly suggest you market sell your LINK and never look back.

This makes a good point. Even if this Athena thing is a good idea, this Adler guy is just an academic and likely wouldn't have the industry contacts Sergey has, doesn't have the data from Swift on all the new Euro regulations coming out soon that Chainlink is going to support, and most importantly he has no team. Adler would have to work on it himself, and seeing how Sergey and Steve together with 33 million dollars have taken a year to get as far as they have, and they have a full team now working under them for the past few months and still they are not up to reputation yet. This Adler fellow has at least a few years of work to catch up to Link in order to make an actual working product. I think even if Adler's project is succesful, Link still has a good few years of being a monopoly in the decentralized oracle space for Adler's tech is usable, and then he has the job of convincing companies to switch from Link to his oracles, and Sergey and Steve might update Chainlink further after mainnet anyways.

Attached: Screenshot_20180930-185550_Telegram.jpg (1080x359, 109K)

We've seen the shintaku commit but the Athena/Astraea product has no public code.

Paper says chainlink is centralized.

Agreed and what I'm saying is chainlink should integrate the solution now.

>muh secret solution is better than an open source solution that people can develop on already
Have you considered having a discord meet-up and all killing yourselves?

It's been discussed in this thread. The paper also decries other solutions as being not really decentralized and having backdoors. I believe this was Adler possibly saying that he doesn't believe that CL is truly decentralized since it has been confirmed it can be used in a centralized manner.

>Sergey and Steve might update Chainlink further after mainnet anyways.
That’s why they hold 35%. To cont development