How do I get a job as a junior developer

How do I get a job as a junior developer

Attached: 1538170267115m.jpg (1024x683, 76K)

apply

I have over 100 times

in all seriousness though, you just have to prove 2 things:
>that you understand programming fundamentals.
>that you are capable of learning relatively fast without needing someone to hold your hand.
if you don't already have a github profile, create one now. if you don't have anything to put on it, just put up some if your programming assignments from school. write a simple console game like rock paper scissors or something.
Then tailer your resume and CV to talk yourself up as a learner. talk about how your able to figure things out.
this is how you get a junior level job. (assuming you actual do know programming fundamentals are are capable to figuring shit out)

Where do you even live? Is it a big city?
Which field are you applying to?
I never had any problem finding a job as a programmer, and I don't have a degree.
No, I'm not one of those Jow Forumsentooman, hyper skilled, that program in C since they were 5.
Just your average programmer.

the junior dev job will be the hardest to get. once you land your first real job, you've made it. the reason is because junior devs are a huge risk for a company. they usually only know just enough to fuck shit up, but not enough to be useful.

I have a github, a portfolio, a linkedin

In northern virginia. I've been applying to every junior dev position I can find

I'm yuropoor, so I might be wrong, but in order to maximise your possibility I'd plan to move in a state with a major big city, and a major tech scene.
Northern virginia sounds like the name of a cowboy themed roller coaster, in a cheap 90's theme part, nobody's going to anymore.

seenow that you understand why a company is going to be hesitant to hire you, you can focus your efforts on addressing their concerns.
talk about how you've learned shit programming...observing patterns, making changes, testing results, etc. you just have to convince them that you are capable of leaning. best of luck user.

Attached: big_1502129797_image.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

post the shopped version now

Attached: 1537469340708.jpg (152x254, 23K)

You are wrong, the Washington DC metro area is Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland, and is one of the faster growing metros in the US

Adding to this, don’t be afraid to say you don’t know the answer to things, show that you can learn and that you are a smart investment for that company to make, while still being able to get things done.

I don't want a job. What the fuck am I taking comp sci for? I should just drop out

Ok, my bad, sorry.
Then just think of a project you can make in about 3 months.
Do it, publish it on github, write a nice tidy resume, update your linkedin account, rinse, repeat.
You'll probably score an entry level job after you have your first complete github project.
You will definitely get a job by the time you finish your third project.
Keep your projects small, so that in one year you already finished 3 of them.

this. after that first one you'll never be unemployed again.

if you want to make something for yourself never to have to work again, youre gonna want computers to do the work for you, which means youre gonna have to learn to solve problems using computers, which is literally comp sci. now that you already know, start making something that will make you money. you should be smart enough to figure out what that is, right?

nah. i have found a better niche than your over-saturated field. You're romanticizing comp sci, but you're about 5 years too late

it's unironically the only way to make it nowadays, if you're not a chem/maths/bio/engineering genius and weren't born into money. plus it's the only way to avoid job automation in the future since we're the ones who will be programming the bots taking people's jobs.

Tell us your skills first. Anything in your portfolio? Internship experience?

don't accept rejections. e.g. if they reject you without giving you an interview, ask for a take home test. if they seem unsure, ask what would it take to change their mind. then go do whatever it takes. worst case, volunteer to work for free for a while (within reason) to prove your worth so that they realize they can't afford not to hire you.

Also from Northern Virginia

I applied to maybe 90 positions and I got one offer. Been working as a developer for over two years now.

Keep applying and embellish parts of your resume that they won't be checking (like your GPA)