Just met a literal pajeet uber driver owning xrp and waiting for a certain moon to escape financial system...

Just met a literal pajeet uber driver owning xrp and waiting for a certain moon to escape financial system, as other 2 billion people (aprox) owning crypto right now. B-but muh early adapters.

Attached: huon1.jpg (1332x795, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.gallup.com/poll/238016/investors-not-biting-bitcoin-intrigued.aspx
ccn.com/18-of-students-twice-the-u-s-average-own-cryptocurrency-coinbase-survey/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs13apNsQ68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dude more like 2 million

>2 billion people

Uh yeah no

Wrong, about 10% of people in the West own digital currencies. The West has roughly 1.2 billion, so about 120 million people own cryptocurrencies, and multiple surveys have shown that of those who don't own, the vast majority aren't interested in ever owning. Everyone on Jow Forums is a late adopter, a last generation bagholder.

Attached: LateAdopters.jpg (960x798, 251K)

bullshit

HAHAHAHAHA 2 BILLION

Attached: 1516266457757.jpg (1080x1081, 114K)

Well, we go through this every time a late adopter thread comes up. All statistical data points to cryptocurrencies being fairly widely spread and owned among the general population, and that of the people that don't currently own them, there is no interest in owning them.

Try 40 million, majority of which are speculators and not active users of protocols.

sample size in your pic is literally less than 15000 total you fucking brainlet. if you unironically think cryptocurrency is not still in an early stage, you're probably fucked in the head mate.

How is 120 million a late adopter? There still aren't even any consumer-level products that use blockchain technology.

>online survey about crypto
>actually representative for adoption by population
kek

even that sound like a lot. 40 million who ever held some is still too much.

I'm sure people didn't want to use the internet too like 30 years ago. The average person couldn't tell you 1 fact about any blockchain product that didn't revolve around, "oh that bitcoin thing, that used to be really expensive, right?"

LMAO this faggot still posting the same shit here,

its over u autist u didnt get in under 30c, either get in now or get fucked asshole

>Turkey 18%
>USA 8%

Totally legit survey.

>2% of U.S. investors own bitcoin

news.gallup.com/poll/238016/investors-not-biting-bitcoin-intrigued.aspx

So one of these is completely off.

You don't know how sampling works or how statistics works. Please do some research on these things before commenting.

Because of the people that don't own crypto, there is no interest in ever owning crypto, so you are a final adopter, the latest of the late. You could've had your bags pumped by 120 million people, now they'll be pumped by no one.

What evidence do you have that all of the surveys done (which show roughly the same amount of cryptocurrency proliferation among the general population) don't use representative sampling? It sounds like you're just coping with being a late adopter.

all i know is i work at a company with 140 young engineers many fresh out uni of which about 2 holds crypto beside me. none of the gusy do that i discord with while gaming either. doesnt feel like it has any penetration yet.

online surveh cant be representative for online tech at all by default.

What does that even mean they have no desire to own it? What an insane argument. Does this study include 12 year olds who will grow up in a world of cryptocurrency?

Investors =/ general population. Many people who own cryptocurrencies are students. Investors are defined in that article as people who have more than 10,000 dollars invested in stocks or other assets.

"According to a recent nationwide survey of 675 students conducted by digital currency exchange Coinbase in partnership with Qriously, 18 percent of students said they own cryptoassets, while a quarter of them said that they would definitely take a cryptocurrency or blockchain-centric course"

ccn.com/18-of-students-twice-the-u-s-average-own-cryptocurrency-coinbase-survey/

Moreover, in the article you linked, it is stated that 96% of investors have heard of Bitcoin. So you are late to that, the cat is out of the bag, everyone knows what Bitcoin is.

>You don't know how sampling works or how statistics works. Please do some research on these things before commenting.
okay fuck you bud at this point it seems like all you're trying to do is bait everyone

"According to a Wells Fargo/Gallup poll, just 2% of investors say they currently own bitcoin, and less than 1% plan to buy it in the near future. While most investors say they have no interest in ever buying bitcoin, about one in four (26%) say they are intrigued by it but won't be buying it anytime soon."

You are a final adopter. You missed out on a speculative bubble the likes of which this world has never seen, you could've gotten comically rich from your bedroom, anonymously. I understand that it hurts, but as grown men we need to face the truth. Anyone buying right now or that bought since November of 2017 is a final adopter.

Yeah but the wells fargo one includes boomers too, 18-65+. Of course you're going to get higher numbers if you only include college students lol. Also why would you assume investors would be LESS involved than other the whole population. Makes no sense. Also investors are the most important group because they usually have more money to invest than some poor redneck boomers.

>While most investors say they have no interest in ever buying bitcoin
that will change tho pretty quickly

gee i guess you're right, i'm just a newfag who bought at the eternal top at $20k. good guess you turbofaggot. you've shown me the light and now i'll forever repeat your wise words.

I assume that investors (defined as people who have more than 10k tied up in stocks or other assets) are less likely to own crypto assets for a few reasons:

1. I can see with my own two eyes how fucking dumb the average crypto investor is, so I know they're not worth a lot of money.

2. Ownership is high among people who don't have a lot of money, like students.

There's no reason to be optimistic that investors aren't in right now, because these investors are never going to be in. They're not interested in cryptocurrencies, they seem them as dangerously volatile and not worth pursuing.

That's the worrying part imo. It's not that everyone already bought. It's a realistic possibility that the adoption rate stays below 5% forever.

The tech will speak for itself. I'm very sure (((some))) crypto projects will have insanely high marketcaps in 5-10 years. Buy link or get fucked.

This is such a shit argument. They're asking people who can't even comprehend what it is. No shit they don't ever want it, they don't even know what it is. Plus they don't need to want it if it is pervasive as it eventually might be.

forever meaning the next five years
in venezuela a country that utterly failed with no functional currency only 10k people adopted crypto... not half he county or 1% no just a tiny fraction yet
this shit will grow on an s curve as cryptos evolve and the evosystem evolves

I can already tell you're going to come at me with some stat about how many people know about Bitcoin. Which is not even remotely the same as having some basic-tier 101 understanding about what it is, how it works, etc.

>1. I can see with my own two eyes how fucking dumb the average crypto investor is, so I know they're not worth a lot of money.

Implying the average stock owner isn't retarded?

2. Ownership is high among people who don't have a lot of money, like students.

You got that slightly backwards. Yes, ownership is high among YOUNG people, they also happen to be poor(because they're young).

It doesn't matter if their reasons for wanting it are valid or invalid, the fact remains that if most people don't want it the price won't just continue to go up.

What percent of people play video games on consoles? I'm sure it's a small percent. If you play video games on gaming consoles, are you an "early adopter"? I guess you'd be an early adopter if you assume that adoption rate is going to go to 100% (like many who got into crypto in the last year seem to think) but it's pretty easy to see why this argument is garbage when applied to video games. The fact is, most people won't ever want cryptocurrencies, just like they won't ever want an xbox.

FUCKIN DELET THIS. NOW

Attached: 1535304267858.jpg (960x960, 81K)

Even taking into account statistics, 1000 individuals is not a large enough sample size, *especially* when the survey was taken online (which generally skews in favor of crypto). A 'representative sample' of the 1000 individuals surveyed is entirely subjective and would give an even smaller sample size.

Bullshit survey. Numerous other surveys have shown that only about 2% of people in Western countries have ever owned any cryptocurrency. The number of people who actively trade, speculate, or even follow news in the space is significantly smaller than that. Crypto is a fringe phenomenon with no real-world use cases aside from using BTC for black and grey market transactions. Until that changes, no one could possibly considered a late adopter.

Nigger, a shit ton of people own a currrent gen console. It's near ubiquitus. How is that compareable to bitcoin? Many people who know about bitcoin have not bought. I've known about it since 2011, started to get more into it in 2013 and bought my first coins in august of this fucking year. If we can get back to ATH all those people will FOMO in. ETFs and bakkt could get us to that point. If you don't hold at least one BTC by march you are going to be sorry.

>1. I can see with my own two eyes how fucking dumb the average crypto investor is, so I know they're not worth a lot of money.

The average crypto investor is very likely a college student, also very likely a STEM student(CS students most likely since they're the ones who have the blockchain courses offered to them im the first place, I know because I was in one). College STEM students have way above average IQs on average so your argument seems pretty desperate.

Also the countries with the highest adoption rates are probably South Korea and Japan, both high IQ countries. You assume IQ is highly correlated with wealth but it isn't, a high IQ person would know this...

Good thing I own req

We are right before early adopter phase. The internet statistics are all fucked agenda driven fud.

Can confirm. Electrical and computer engineering degree, took a crypto class albeit it was old school

the internet after 10 years had far more adoption than crypto after 10 years and its not even close

> what are exponents

>what is cope

The internet began in the 60s, moron.

In the previous bullrun entered the market roughly 10b-20b in fiat, ripple recent pump was caused by only 20-$30m, marketcap is a meme and so is the survey you posted, we are still in the innovation phase (aka early) and that's a fact.

The crypto market will reach 20T marketcap far faster than most people think.

He thinks the internet was invented by Mozilla in 2002.

And the internet will facilitate crypto adoption much faster then electricity proliferated the internet

that...doesnt disprove my point?

You're fucking retarded if you think less than 10% of Americans owning crypto means "late adopters". Where the fuck do these fucking retards come from? Holy shit

That’s blatantly false, you clearly know nothing about the history of the internet

>someone calls you saying they do a survey
>"hey do you own crypto"
>answer "yes"
how retarded would you have to be to actually do this?

No it doesn't. The internet began as a military and research project in the 60s and 70s, was used by a few nerds in the 80s, became mainstream capable with the www in the 90s, became mainstream in the 2000s and became part of everyday of western life in the 2010s abd is still growing as more and more of the world comes online. At most we are currently in the year 1993.

>with no real-world use case
except when greeks found out they can't run with their euros they can't withdraw their own money and it has the potential to be worthless next month they suddenly found a use case for btc.

1983 more like it

the golden boom was 2017 now its bust.If you bought in 2018 Im sorry but you are too late for the party. Crypto was making headlines in the news. Mainstream television doing commercials and entire shows about crypto. It just doesn go anymore mainstream than it went in 2017.

Lol wrong on so many levels

Yeah, I was being pessimistic on purpose to prove a point.

2018 detected

That's funny because I get crypto ads on the radio on my drive to school

the cope is almost palpable

>Crypto was making headlines in the news
It also did in 2013, moron. This is how you detect people who first got wind of bitcoin after the 2014 bubble, lmao

Nice argument faggot. You know very little about the history of tech and it shows.

lmao so lets just wait 30 years and we will all make it

Absolutely bullshit. In my IT environment like

I know more than you and that's why I'm not emotionally invested in this

are you fucking serious? i was on my commute to work in london in january and there were literally crypto ads all across the trains. kys

More like 4. Things are happening a lot faster.

I'm not emotionally invested and just saying you know more instead of providing an actual counterpoint just makes me belive in my position even more. You will kys once we hit the old ATH in 2020.

Theres nothing I can say to you because I know you're emotionally invested in this so hard. I know this because you're literally sperging out in this thread and it's clear your hanging on to crypto as a slim glimmer of hope in your shitty life. As I said I can not convince someone so emotionally gonna such as yourself, you'll have to learn the hard way

emotionally invested*

That doesnt mean people bought. Also pics or it didnt happen.

went from it's not mainstream to "yeah but nobody bought". oh man I love this cope

Thanks, just sent 1000€ more to bitstamp. Also implying crypto isn't just my plan B. You are just trying the short the market. Maybe your gf is dumb enough to fall for your emotional manipulation, but not me buddy. See you in 2020. If it goes bust and I lose my 5k€ I am still not as devestated as you will be when BTC hits 100k and you're not in.

That is my argument, faggot. People know, but didn't buy. That is a great foundation for fomo if the ETFs and bakkt cab raise the price enough. How am I wrong?

>Maybe your gf is dumb enough to fall for your emotional manipulation

LOL I am already in your head and you just proved it. Oh man cryptards are hilarious

>That is a great foundation for fomo if the ETFs and bakkt cab raise the price enough

>his arguments are memes that already priced in after being shilled for months

man you need to see a shrink

Why are you even here?

Implying you even know about bakkt.

The old paradigm of corrections and crashes don't work in cryptocurrency.
-John McAfee

This was literally "NEW PARADIGM" in the meme graph, and iirc he actually said that somewhere around the absolute top lol.
Guy's a walking meme.

McAfee is King
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs13apNsQ68

Dude, Venezuela will unironically be the first country to switch from Fiat to crypto.
The Hedge against inflation from fiat is not a meme.
I've been following Google trends and the Venezuelan queries for btc and crypto is spiking in the short term. I seriously doubt they are looking btc for the speculative value. 200000 % inflation in two years. Any Venezuelan that bought btc even at the top would still be massively in the green if they measure in fiat

venezuelan's crypto is not even decentralised so whats the fucking point. its literally no different than digital fiat

>literally random numbers on a meme chart
There are probably 3million crypto investors throughout the world, yes we are the "early adopters"

>owning XRP
>escaping the financial system
>literally a centralized banker shitcoin that isn't needed

Absolute delusion.

Right, the real comparison here is how many people owned a console in 1980 vs now. That's adoption.

Attached: tumblr_ooay7g11to1v0pigno1_250.jpg (246x250, 7K)

I can see XRP going up to $10. The problem is, pajeet can probably only afford like 2000 XRP. Well, I bet $200,000 is more money than he sees in 10 years, but it's still far from "Making it."

yeah its over, bitcon will die soon

You're absolutely right. Jow Forums is currently in denial stage. Once the bubble actually pops they'll finally be at acceptance.

Attached: psychology-of-asset-bubbles.jpg (763x432, 27K)

I've seen these "online polls" that show how widespread crypto is, but I see two problems with them:

1.) It's way off of what I experience in real life. Sure, everyone has heard of crypto, but no one can explain what it is or how it works. And they sure as shit haven't bought any. I am a business owner in my 30's, lots of similarly positioned friends, and out of around 20 people I've had the convo with, only 1 bought any at all.

2.) The price is too low to reflect any substantial adoption. As soon as any major pension fund puts .1% of their assets into BTC, the price will moon. There are already studies indicating that crypto is a non-correlated asset, meaning that even conservative portfolios should hold a tiny bit to reduce portfolio volatility.

I think we are primed for the next bull, 2020 halvening at the latest.

Attached: 1534446296623.jpg (680x585, 260K)

so you're saying that all countries have about the same percentages as europe, the US and AUS
Are you serious? I dont think 9% of people in africa own crypto, and only 3% of people in china, 11% in japan. all of this seems fairly reasonable, which would mean that I think around 150-200 million people own crypto, thats still early if you believe that it will replace conventional financial systems.

20,000, dumbass

Your math is pathetic. Just kys

>Dude, Venezuela will unironically be the first country to switch from Fiat to crypto.
nah, it's just a bunch of bullshit user.

>Any Venezuelan that bought btc even at the top would still be massively in the green if they measure in fiat
indeed, this is where bitcoin shines and as an escape vehicle for wealth also. but guess what, this would never ever in a billion years work with a state issued crypto. doesn't matter how well backed or decentralized it will never be worth shit as inflation hedge and escape vehicle. and btc is not really good for anything else really. let's face it btc is crap for day to day payment system if the national currency is doing just fine and you are legally okay and happy.

>10 * 2000 = 200,000
these are the kinds of people that hold XRP