What are we gonna do about Enigma and their utter confidence that they will be the solution to the oracle problem

What are we gonna do about Enigma and their utter confidence that they will be the solution to the oracle problem.

Are you scared user?

“Guy” has been working on off chain solutions for 15 years. Even writing his thesis about it.

Are they the Tezos compared to Ethereum of Oracle solutions?

Attached: BB1F8DBC-88CB-46FE-88E9-A17C80143073.jpg (760x295, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

enigma.co/enigma_full.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hold Link and Eng. I have much more faith in Sergey than Guy though. Guy is an arrogant prick and a MILF hunter.

>Name is "guy"
>Clearly a large dog

heh more like eNIGma

honestly id best surprised if enigma never goes over a 1b mcap

Attached: 1538355089112.jpg (390x365, 23K)

Balls deep in ENG and it feels great, BO.

You think a B.A in philosophy and management who has done nothing but released flop projects or fail to deliver at all 6 times now is going to beat a team of MIT Media lab and Sloan graduates? With Alex Pentland, the most cited man in computer science on the advisory board?

Nothing, link can't compete with solutions based on intel sgx.
A bigger 'problem' is that intel sgx solutions don't need tokens at all, as everyone can run them locally. This fucks enigma too.

Isn't the point of using link with sgx to perform a calculation redundantly to ensure nobody did something sneaky?

Isn't enigma just a software-layer SGX?

Bump

towncrier literally says chainlink is an integral part of solving the "how do we know the data is true" problem. It's in their FAQ.

>go faq
>ctrlf chainlink
>0 results
literally huh?

>Tezos compared to Ethereum
what, you mean a complete insignificant failure?

No. Chainlink and intel sgx complement eachother, but they're two completely different things.

Chainlink provides consensus, while intel sgx provides privacy. Intel sgx and chainlink quite literally make enigma useless. Enigma would be like using a VHS instead of USBs.

This obnoxious faggot jew, just got his master's, how come has been over oracle 15 years?! He is poking any crypto project to seem smart. Did some poking to IOTA and got fucked and now started to do it with LINK, just show off.

he is responding to link and iota retards who ask him questions. not just making statements randomly.

>the deluded linkie strikes again

Yeah academia is actually a meme. I'll hire a visionary with common sense any day. This not in regards to anything you’re discussing but just in general.

>roasties in developer team
>shit tier memes

They aint gonna make it

Kek

Those Enigma bags are getting heavy huh?

>implying i have bags at all after cashing my initial investment out last year

should be interesting
> MIT media lab
> sloan
> Alex Pentland
vs
> Ari Juels
> world-class devs from microsoft, FB, etc
> the CL core team which is extremely qualified in and of itself (lol at muh cto grading fud)
Competition is good, but unless eng has something to actually usurp the off-chain enclave solution which Sergey went through recently eng is basically just in damage control and so are you. They have a good team though, so maybe they have something up their sleeve. But then again they're up against CL as well - who always has something extra up their sleeve it seems.

>> Ari Juels
what has he done other than get paid to act as a consultant for the writing of the white paper (john mcafee sells white papers btw)

>> world-class devs from microsoft, FB, etc
pajeets and literal whos contributing basic shit in their free time

>> the CL core team which is extremely qualified in and of itself (lol at muh cto grading fud)
was only two people for at least 8 months after the ico

> what has he done other than get paid to act as a consultant for the writing of the white paper (john mcafee sells white papers btw)
On page 32 of the whitepaper it says that he is not only an adviser but he also co-wrote the whitepaper, if the fact that he appears on the first page as an author wasn't enough for you. He has also been on panels shilling the exact approach which chainlink is using and is still an adviser for the team. And jesus christ, the fact that you're trying to compare him to McAfee says a lot about your knowledge on the topic.

>pajeets and literal whos contributing basic shit in their free time
Ah yes, cryplets devs fall under the category of "literal whos and pajeets"

> was only two people for at least 8 months after the ico
Ohhh, "was." Spooky.
And even then - I don't know if you have ever had a job before, let alone one involved with working on software, but having 10 devs slamming their faces on keyboards during the foundation phase of a project isn't actually a good thing. Especially when the project and the issue they are trying to solve is particularly complex. It's much cleaner and more efficient to work on a macro level and then bring more people to work on the finer details once goals and requirements have been established.

Again - the eng team is very good and I can totally admit that, but their attempt at downplaying the importance of CL's enclave solution would make you feel nervous rather than bullish if you knew what it actually meant.

Fudders btfo

>while intel sgx provides privacy.
Intel sgx provides verifiable computation which is why it makes chainlink redundant.

Not verifiable. Private. Secure.

Intel Software Guard Extensions is a set of central processing unit instruction codes from Intel that allows user-level code to allocate private regions of memory, called enclaves, that are protected from processes running at higher privilege levels

It's both verifiable and private. You first get an attestation signed by intel that contains the enclave's hash, this proves both that it's running in a secure enclave and what's it running + optional hash/data from the enclave. The latter can be a public key generated in private by the enclave. This means an opensource enclave that downloads data using ssl and returns signed part of the answer, while never showing its private key to anyone can be used as an oracle on just one pc. No need for any network od nodes.

>hurrr everyone will just use Enigma
There's no way all those massive massive companies will just drop Hyperledger.

There's a reason we're all such believers in Chainlink, it's blockchain-agnostic among others. That's huge if you didn't know.

Plus, having oracles means a lot of data-sensitive calculations are done off-chain, which is a big advantage in terms of lessened blockchain load and complexity, and heightened security and privacy.

Can someone explain to me how this shit even works? Explain how Enigma gets off chain data and delivers it to smart contracts.

To me, Chainlink is climbing the absolute mountain that is solving this problem, making sure all the hundreds of potential problems that could make the network worthless are dealt with, making sure no stone is unturned. Then this shit comes along and seems to imply that they're just going to walk it like there is no problem at all and they're just going to do some fucking magic to get data into smart contracts in a decentralised manner.

If Ethereum is the road and Oracles are the cars, I feel like Engima is some lunatic on the side of the road telling people they can just will themselves from A to B. Please tell me what I'm missing here.

> confidence
That's called damage control when backed into a corner, friendo.
Sergey just casually took a shit on enigma with his sgx enclave approach recently. There's no real reason to use enigma over chainlink at this point.

Yeah I don't know either. I didn't even think oracles were their main solution, thought it was scaling and privacy.

read the whitepaper
oh i forgot this is 2018 Jow Forums and nobody does something like this anymore
enigma.co/enigma_full.pdf

>link can't compete with solutions based on intel sgx.
Over one year after the release of the Chainlink white paper, and you still haven't read it.

Never gonna make it, trenchbrain.

All of what you said is literally in the Chainlink white paper, and the enclave is where you would run an oracle, like a Chainlink oracle.
If you thought SGX itself provides oracle services, then lololololol @ ur lyfe.
Like the other user said, SGX/TownCrier and Chainlink are complementary.

Read the fucking white paper you turbopleb.

Nah you don't understand bro!
Intermediaries are bad, so that means Chainlink is bad!
What you really need is an intermediary, like Enigma!