Is running a small restaurant profitable...

Is running a small restaurant profitable ? I cook really well and my relatives tell me I should open a restaurant in my city.
Any fellows Jow Forumsraelites have this kind of experience ?

Attached: tumblr_n8lz2i55H91rcng9eo1_1280.jpg (956x1242, 299K)

Yes and no

yeah i have some exprience, but you'll have to tell me somethin first 'fore I do

That shit sux. If this is your cooking get better.

Yes if you get your branding down right, have a small number of dishes and do them well. Also, ambient. Only use fresh local goods.

there tons of apps out there that help you run the inventory and statistics (which used to be hardest part), they make it simpler
but you still gotta have product people want

90% fail first year

No doubt it can be done, but know it's a lot of work. Not just the cooking, but the marketing, rent, payroll, legal, etc. It is not an easy way to get rich, but if you actually love cooking, then go for it.

OP isn't going to have time to cook.

Thanks for your answers.

foo d is amazn g

japan ?

Osaka ?

Go get a job running a small restaurant for about 6 months. Either an assistant manager or manager position. This will help you recognize how fucking hard it can be.

My wife and her friend opened a restraunt together. She works well over 100 hours a week and they make literally no money despite being pretty busy.

IT's the stupidest fucking business you can get into but if you're good at it you can make bank.

It can be. But most fail pretty quickly. Try to find proof of concept without taking on any added risk/debt if possible. A great way I recently heard of is to find a morning shop (think breakfast/lunch delicatessen) that is closed during the evening that would be willing to rent out their space to you for the evening and weekend crowd for a cut of the profits. You get to try out your business model without having to just through the hoops of buying/legit renting a location or the equipment. Added bonus, you get all their health/food seevice certs borrowed for free as long as you are under their name. All you’d likely have to do is get your Safe Serve cert (which is cheap and easy).

Listen to Biger Pockets Money podcast number 17 (Building with a Lean Business Model) for the testimonial. It’s just a “hey a guy did this once” without any real info. But it’ll give you an idea of what he’s talking about. And it has good advice for people starting a business. Generating a sale isn’t hard. Generating a profit typically is. Keep those overheads down or nonexistent.

> running a small restaurant
> I cook really well
so which one is it? running a restaurant or being a cook?

Starting a restaurant is a surefire way to bankrupt yourself.

Consider opening a cocktail bar instead

Why not start smaller with like a food truck or making personal meals for people and advertise on Facebook or something to just test everything out? Although food truck might be as much work as a restaurant or at least have a higher cost. There's a food truck that comes around in my city every Thursday that serves weeb stuff. I also see tons of Facebook people offering catering and lunch. Maybe you could make special lunches for people they can order? Just to work on a smaller scale and streamline everything.

Have this guy at work who had a bar or restaurant or something, but his partners or something were incompetent, now he's like 30-40 working in a supermarket.

>Is running a small restaurant profitable ?
Depends. It's impossible for us to help you if you stay anonymous

only if you can afford a hipster location.

Yeah, this actually sounds fun. Consider giving them a small discount or an extra if the client shares a picture of ur truck or ur food, any advertisment is good.

Is the food good in your opinion? And do you believe they can make it after they build a reputation?