Why do Europeans think that their health care is "free"?

Why do Europeans think that their health care is "free"?
So because they don't pay for it directly but instead through absurdly high taxes it must somehow be free.
Seems like their health care doesn't cover mental retardation.

Attached: 1530792979343.jpg (2400x2284, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

factcheck.org/2009/08/cancer-rates-and-unjustified-conclusions/
amazon.com/Bayer-Aspirin-Regimen-Enteric-Coated/dp/B001LFFPT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you think paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a medical bill is fair, then by all means keep going

>what is insurance

they are literal NPCs and cannot think

>I fucking LOVE paying $50k for a broken arm

How high is your tax rate ? Mine is 7.5% (income tax) plus 20% (retirement+unemployement+healthcare). I'm middle class in wastern europe btw

After $3k my insurance covers everything.
Keep in mind US has the highest cancer survival rates in the world.
Our healthcare is the worst of everything (medicare, medicaid) only 110k new doctors allowed per year, plus they have to get expensive certs, price fixing by the government, insurance companies can't sell out of state. It's seriously a joke, but it's still some of the best treatment in the world.

A drooling NPC idiot emerges with its programmed response.

7.5% income tax means you're a dirt poor 3rdworld gastarbeiter. Middle class my ass.

Rightcucks, everybody.

Attached: 1539977773173.png (1334x668, 115K)

Your income must be like €10,000 or something.

Maybe you should have went down a good career path where employers cover you

Attached: dabskin1.png (1100x1100, 79K)

>be American
>lose 28% of paycheck to taxes
>have to pay $1200/yr in healthcare insurance premium
>go to E.R
>wait forever in waiting room
>get stuck with $1000+ bill
>need surgery
>wait forever because surgeons are all booked weeks out
>get stuck with $1000+ bill

I would rather have some sort of healthcare system and it would drive costs down, and cost less in taxes vs the bullshit above, but anytime I try to explain that to fellow wageslaves, I get called a commie

Attached: B_QVd-wW4AERncv.jpg (600x339, 33K)

>shit i realized he's right and they dont actually have to pay that much when they have insurance
>my argument was absolute dog shit, better try to sidetrack with some meme i scraped from this HTML page

33k€ taxeable + 3k untaxeable.

European style healthcare system*

>be murrikan
>must live being afraid of breaking an arm and spending all his savings with hospital bills

Wew lad

>33k
>middle class

what a fucking clown

Will Poland be the next empire?

>should have went

Even with the typo I'm better than u

Attached: 1498090557764.png (1080x765, 343K)

You've outed yourself as the real NPC, m8. I'm sorry that it's so hard for you to comprehend because you don't have human thoughts.

Attached: 1538170420092.jpg (199x253, 13K)

you're retarded. the last thing you'd want to do is get the government further involved. governments are incompetent, always have and always will be. health care should be a part of a free market.

I live in a 3br condo downtown with my gf on that salary, and I have over half of my salary as disposable income once food, bills and rent have been paid.

>keeps ignoring the argument
We've got a vintage NPC here guys. At least the newer ones have multiple responses programmed.

Yeah sure you do shitskin.

lmao

have you seen healthcare costs in America?

Okay shabbos goy. We wouldn't want Mr. Shekelberg to have to pay any more taxes now, would we?

be european
lose 51% of your paycheck
and then 20% more to VAT
and then pay more fees
and you get actually no free health nothing

explain how the government paying for it will drive costs down.

Your numbers are off.

The increase in taxes is still less than monthly insurance premiums, copays, and bills from unmet deductibles

>be american
>everything is so expensive a 35k yearly income mean you live in a trailer park in a flyover state
jej

Any west euro pay their medicine 30 to 50% cheaper due to the state buying the shipments in bulk, for starters.

my numbers are accurate
you do pay 40-60% on your paycheck to the state, before you get the money
then you pay 15-25% in VAT

then you pay car insurance / taxes and property taxes

MMMKAY

The medical supply company won't be able to bill $3,291.00 for a screw.

Look at costs in countries with national healthcare models. Costs are all enormously lower than burgerland

>23% social security payments
>7.5% income tax
>20% VAT, 5% on food and energy

>I live in a 700K condo on 33k a year
Claim ur gf is rich to complete ur troll
Unless ur retarded and are srs living like that

where is that, I will come to rape you

>700k
Gf makes 30k

meanwhile 35k in western europe isnt even enough to live in a trailer
you'd know that if you weren't a larping sandnigger
>muh middle class
how fucking desperate do you have to be to larp this hard

What city is this? I can't picture a decent 3br condo downtown going for so little

I make 35k on wester europe and live in a 3br condo inner city.
I mean, it's not even that cheap, it's a condo at 3k€/sqm, it's pretty expensive.

Lyon

Congrats this actually checks out! Glad u and ur gf are making the most of things and avoiding the high tax bracket

>I'm middle class in wastern europe btw
no youre not youre either in some slav shithole or make fuck all in personal income

We could pay less in tax by marrying actually, so we need to do that pretty quickly.

Wrong. You are so wrong that it hurts, infact you have one of the lower 5 year cancer survivals of the western World.

>marry
dont

You're deluded my friend.
I make 33k a year in taxeable income, which is between median and average income here (in France).

its not only because they buy in bulk, they also cap prices by law.
lets say the whole world capped prices, who will pay for the research on new drugs and treatments?
the us government overpaying for shit is half the reason it costs so much in the first place.

are you really bragging about making 33k a year and the government stealing half your income? lmao the absolute state of eurocucks

Here you can marry with total separation of assets, and judges can't throw it out.

desu I don't see why I would lie on there. The problem in our tax system is that it loes mostly on corporations and hurts the economy. For the average dude it's pretty ok compared to what you get from it.

Insurance doesn't really help. I pay $450 a month for a semi-decent plan. Deductible is $2k, out of pocket is $8k. They are raising both next year. I have a chronic health condition, so I actualy can't afford to treat it because even with insurance, I'm still out thousands of dollars every year. I'd gladly pay higher taxes if it meant I could get treatment.

>I pay $450 a month
What the shit man

in sweden we do pay a smaller fee for every health care visit in addition to ridiculous taxes for "free" healthcare.

You really need to find an actual career
Entry level and the most I'd have to spend on healthcare per year is 2.7k. after that the employer covers everything

ITT OP gets outed as a sub 80 IQ retard from .

Don't want to doxx myself too bad, but I'm an Oregon fag. Unemployed, living off of crypto gains, plan on going back to school and getting school's insurace plan, which would cost about 2k per year, still can't afford proper treatment though, as annual supply of medicine is about 25k for my condition.

am I the only one that doesnt have health insurance here?
all you insurance cucks are wasting thousands every yyear. I havent been to a doctor since at least 10 years and I ever get seriously ill I can just get a minimum wage job and the state insurance has to take me back in. enjoy subsidizing niggers, fat people and junkies with your cuckbucks lmao

Im not bragging, I'm litteraly average. For your average dude, your tax bracket is 30% give or take, and for that you got free healthcare, unemployement insurance, retirement plan and free education

You're right it would help to have a decent job, I'm just in a hard situation because I have an autoimmune condition that fucks up my joints and skin, so I can't really work right now, my best bet is to go back to school and try to transition into a more sedentary job.

t. Amerifag w/ the $450 monthly here.

That sounds absolutely awesome. People in America don't realize the value you get from paying higher taxes in the European model. Sure, you might make more on paper if you live in America, but your costs are going to be way higher than they would be if everyone paid into a European style tax system. It's a con politicians like to play in America, Bush Jr and Trump definitely like to use it to make people think they're getting a good deal. They usually believe they are.

you just said yourself its 50% with VAT cuckboi and thats probably not even including all the secondary taxes you frogs have like capital gains, inheritance, gasoline. shit you faggots probably even have to pay tax for the privilege to have your women inseminated by black men

frog here, income tax is 43% and social security is 45% taken out before that
i have numerous chronic health issues and half of them have received poor medical treatment leading to long-lasting or permanent effects
in burgerland at my competency level, i'd be a multimillionaire. paying 5 to 6 figures for actual competent care doesn't seem so bad in that light. there's a reason french rockstars fly to the US for medical treatment

also lmao at "free this and that"
you hand over 50% of your money to the state but all this shit is free sure lmao. the absolute state of eurocucks.

>Unionically ever using the Healthcare system
Never gonna make it

jobs are inextricably linked to healthcare availability. good luck entrepreneurs. if you fuck up even a little, it's the end for you lmao

Well in my country Netherlands we have private companies who provide you with healthcare insurance. Getting insured cost you max 2500 euros. The government only pays your health insurance fully when you earn less then a specific level. And yes that's paid by taxes.

In my opinion basic affordable healthcare should be a basic right for any rich country.

It's funny though that our system is probably cheaper since Americans use 9k on average

Attached: 1539469890230.jpg (500x761, 80K)

You pay VAT on what you consume, and most commodities have reduced VAT. I probably pay under 100€ in VAT every month lel.

factcheck.org/2009/08/cancer-rates-and-unjustified-conclusions/

Explained here.
Also full socialized healthcare has its own problems, countries with national healthcare system, face high expenses thats why they are switching to hospital based model (acute) to a community based one (chronic and not yet ill).
US has a lot of screening to catch illness on early stages plus technology and research its a pity that as some anons said your politicians cant see the benefit of the European healthcare system aswell.

Seems like both sides are happy with their situation so. Europeans pay higher rates of tax to get an inclusive healthcare system which don't have outrageous costs for basic treatment, and americans get to post flag talking points like "free healthcare isn't free" while praying they don't sprain a wrist and lose their house. Win win

Well, euro system has the avantage of promoting preventive checks to catch illnesses early, and even more in work-related illnesses.

This. Might be mostly just COPE from the muricans though.

>need to be healthy in the first place to get into a "good career path"
>your employer covers something you basically don't even need

How do you even discuss these things with these brainlets? I mean it's really not rocket science but still too complicated it seems?

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

this

burgers are so butthurt, but better not go to the doctor for that, you may end up bankrupt

>$25 for an aspirin
>deluded yanks will defend this

you do realise that's a regulatory problem and not a question of health care?

it's a good thing the insurance system is so efficient and transparent, otherwise we might be paying $100 instead

amazon.com/Bayer-Aspirin-Regimen-Enteric-Coated/dp/B001LFFPT4

are you retarded? aspirin is freely sold in all countries either in pharmacies or normal stores.

>"thinks" that taxation is effective against the tax-exempt
wow your code is really simple

Attached: 1534007593780.jpg (500x333, 42K)

have you seen the price of aspirin on a hospital bill?
you're willfully blind

More than 60% of adults in the US are overweight or obese. If y'all didn't spend billions for the fatties and just stop eating shit you could easily afford low cost healthcare.

Sorry but you are not allowed to link a 9 year old report

>Truth is evil if it goes against my beliefs.

>60% of adults in the US are overweight or obese
That should lower health care costs
Fatties die early of diabetes and heart disease which means they cost the healthcare system very little, especially compared to someone living to 90 or getting cancer.

The exact same logic works with smoking.
I always thought it was ironic that people being obese and smokers actually reduced overall healthcare costs, especially if you include the costs of pensions.

The average US citizen pays far more for healthcare than EU citizens pay for through taxes. Something like 50% more. The US system is broken and your private hospitals, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, lawyers and politicians are reaping the rewards at the expense of the people. This shit doesn't happen in Europe.

poor people deserve to have worse health care because they are worth less. otherwise they'd have more money.

Attached: thomas-sowell-healthcare.preview.jpg (640x285, 43K)

>fair

The purpose of life on this planet is to kill and eat other living things in order to survive.

You are a fucking baby if you are worried about "fair".

It works in other countries where lobbying isn't so insane. It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about in the health care debate.

>I am literally too stupid to economics

fuck off.

Attached: pp,550x550.u7.jpg (403x550, 21K)

Lobbying needs to die

I hope you choke on your words when you're on your deathbed because your insurance didn't want to pay up

Attached: aae.jpg (800x850, 88K)

I would rather stay on my employer's healthcare plan than be forced to have shitty government healthcare.
Obamacare was a mistake. They said we would be able to keep our plans if we liked them. Just a blatant government lie. Won't make that mistake again.

You literally don't need to be healthy. It's illegal to discriminate when employing anyone
Are you saying more like- if you had a severe illness that kept you in the hospital since birth with no parents who have a career then you'd be fucked?
You'd be fucked anyway and would also be a drain on society. You're arguing like a liberal woman
Truly a horrible point you're trying to make

Attached: 65467547657653.jpg (246x205, 11K)

Definitely true.
But the problem goes much deeper than that. An efficient health care system should carry out effective prevention strategies in order to lower the number of potential patients, especially when it comes to high-risk conditions (or habits) such as obesity and smoking.
Both obesity and smoking are causes, which means they increase the risk of certain diseases. If you tackle the cause, you reduce its effect.
Cancer, on the other hand, is an effect itself (caused by a variety of factors). Actually, the word "cancer" defines a wide range of tumors, characterised by unique causes and outcomes.
Even if the expenditure for fatties and smokers is relatively low, it's still a waste of money since they're both preventable.
It would be much more complex to prevent cancer as its causation is much more complex itself.

>I would rather lick mr shekelstein's asshole so he takes care of me rather than go it alone to build something actually worth my time

Attached: 1c3.png (633x729, 76K)

To be fair, USA spend much more money helping Israel and fighting Israel's wars than any country with "free" healthcare.
>Why do Europeans think that their health care is "free"?
Also, they don't. You're just too stupid to understand their argument

Just ignore any imbecile that uses "baby" as a insult