AMD

What are the chances that they get back up to $30+ in the next month or so?

Attached: 8C14E675-860A-4243-A4E8-4750E4173A6F.png (1024x244, 9K)

0%

You expect them to drop further?

0%. I keep telling people to zoom out. This was a textbook bubble.

Attached: AMD_YahooFinanceChart.png (954x458, 66K)

No fucking chance

When do you think will be a good time to buy in?

holy shit

single digits incoming on this shitcoin

yes. in times like this, tech is getting crushed and chip stocks even more. Look at amd's sector etf - Philadelphia Semiconductors Fund. Barely any other industry is flushed as hard as semis. AMD just follows. I am sorry user, rip the bandaid and cut your losses. Trend is set and it is down, hope is for the hopeless

Attached: images.jpg (266x190, 7K)

I haven’t bought in yet. I was anticipating a possible rebound. I’m wondering if I should buy in now.

First of all I'd watch out for the broader market. If it tanks I wouldn't buy anything. Apart from that I'd consider buying AMD below 15$ I guess.
Though really I have no fucking clue. I'm just a dumb frogposter who made a few bux shorting AMD.
You shouldn't ask for financial advice on a Taiwanese basket weaving forum anyway.

Attached: 1521065899641.jpg (1024x937, 69K)

pls

I need money.

please just don't. If you want to be long in this market, buy strong defensive stocks that is getting higher and even breaking out despite current conditions as DG, VICI, CTRE, SBRA, instead of catching falling machete of the most extended stock posting highest losses in industry which is flushing the hardest.

Attached: 9780812997699.jpg (338x450, 39K)

this is some charts i shared with frenz some time ago. I'm so fucking mad that I can read the charts and psychology of the market when being outside, but I stayed cucked in cryptoland all this time instead of making profits. Fuck this psyop they call markets...

Rant aside, I wouldn't put money on this stock until the market has found stability on the big indexes, and/or jan/feb 2019 when people start hyping Zen 3 on 7nm. They are presumably taking the performance crown from Intel, and that would be the first time in this decade.

t. big PC nerd neet

Attached: AMDoutlook.png (1600x2924, 566K)

good analysis, can you make it very very simple for a brainlet? what are youri short term and long term low and high targets?

you just cannot expect rebound in stock, whithout first seeing rebound in its sector (tech) and industry (semiconductors). there will be time to buy amd back, it just not be this weeks or even months. The stocks I listed are my serious opinions for you. We are here in market to make money and not because you symphatise for some company

If there is a rebound in the crypto market, AMD will certainly outperform any and all competitors... probably

I’ll hold off then. I’ll admit that I’m a newfag and when I saw AMD crashing this hard I started wondering if this would be a good time to buy. I need to be more careful. I should probably take more time before dipping my toe in the water.

the only problem is stoch RSI, I'm forced to discard your opinion

Attached: intothetrashitgoes.jpg (800x585, 154K)

Near zero. You remember why they rose in the first place, right? They'd need another problem like that to happen to their competitors for an extended period of time (like a full business year - not a few weeks) so that customers would actually have to switch their contracts insteaad of simply waiting on customer support. Everyone who jumped the gun and thought tech businesses would switch to AMD sort of deserved to get burnt.

thanks fren. I've updated the chart with the info we have nowadays. Intel is not expected to revert their advantage until Q4 2021 (best case scenario) with the release of Sapphire Rapids, truly a new architecture.

There's 2 factors that made Intel better: architectural lead, and node manufacturing lead. With Zen2 (Q1-2 2019), their node manufacturing lead will be gone. With Zen3 (Q1-2 2020) both architectural and node manufacturing advantages will disappear, presumably making AMD more appealing for every server and consumer computer on the market for the first time since 2006.

I think it's safe to set buys on the $13-15 area if the indexes don't go bonkers 1929 style, but no stock will protect you in an event like that. There's a good chance you could x4 your investment before 2021. Maybe (if Zen3 provides), it could overextend to new ATHs in the $60-70's area (Intel reached those valuations in 2000). But before that move, I'd expect a cup and handle pattern retracing from the 2000's ATH, and AMD absolutely needs to compete with nVidia in the graphics department for that new ATH to happen.

>>TL;DR: buy $12-$15; stop loss @ $7.5; take partial profits at $35, full profits at $48 or $65 depending on newsflow and the how the general markets are behaving

Attached: AMD 2021.png (1926x1118, 207K)

None. Absolutely none

Pic related

Attached: 1539194688524.png (1200x834, 793K)

>There's 2 factors that made Intel better: architectural lead, and node manufacturing lead. With Zen2 (Q1-2 2019), their node manufacturing lead will be gone. With Zen3 (Q1-2 2020) both architectural and node manufacturing advantages will disappear, presumably making AMD more appealing for every server and consumer computer on the market for the first time since 2006.
That is, if (and it's a big IF) TSMC manages to get to the level of reliability of Intel fabs. For now they are still far from it. If they don't, AMD will be contained in the gaymer peecee market.

oh, I absolutely agree on that: they need TSMC to be reliable. But TSMC manufactures every single iPhone CPU, every single Bitmain ASIC, every single high-performance nVidia GPU (server's Quadro included), and so on...

I wouldn't project AMD taking the lead with Global Foundries, as it was a ridiculous street-shitter manufacturing company, but with TSMC... They are more than ready to take the burden, and investing heavily on 5nm EUV already.

Besides that, stock markets are never fully rational: AMD doesn't need to be selling as much CPUs as Intel to get their stock to skyrocket as you just saw after March 2018 Zen 2000 series release.

Lmfao

There's a difference on manufacturing ARMs and GPUs on 32nm and CPUs on 7nm.

user, the iPhone X has a 7nm CPU. nVidia server GPUs are built in 16nm and they just launched their gaming GPUs on 12nm (I could agree that's a fake and gay node shrink from 16nm). ASICS have been built on 7nm for almost a year already. I see no reason why they would fail to deliver a reasonable 3-4Ghz clockspeed for a x86 server CPU with reasonable yields given the experience they already have.

Writing you from a 8700k overclocked to 5G with 4000C16 RAM, so make no mistake: I'm no AMD/TSMC fangay. I'm just a big nerd that reads the news and Intel has consistently failed to deliver 10nm for 4 years in a row; most likely they're tuning down the shrink to "12nm" in order to get products on the pipeline, that's why they hired the mfking LEGEND Jim Keller. TSMC has been delivering 7nm for a year in ASICS, they haven't failed a roadmap in years.

Attached: OC 51core-47cache 1-15VccIO 1-20VccSA 1-43Vdimm.png (1268x1076, 1.05M)

>user, the iPhone X has a 7nm CPU
Nope

>I'm just a big nerd that reads the news and Intel has consistently failed to deliver 10nm for 4 years in a row
I work as process engineer in the most advanced R&D fab in the world. Appeal to authority only goes so far.

AMD is a $3 stock.

anyone with 2 functioning braincells can google fact-check every single argument I gave, all of them are correct. You're just deflecting with the authority argument. BTFO larper, I thought I was for once having a meaningful conversation in this mongolian basketweaving forum.

Attached: but, oh well.jpg (498x404, 37K)

>anyone with 2 functioning braincells can google fact-check every single argument I gave
Your first argument is wrong, the iPhone X has a A11 10nm CPU
Only the iPhone XS has a A12 7nm and the performance gains are absurdly minimal (negligeable power saving compared to the 40% at announcement), and since it has been out for one month and a half it's not nearly enough to have any data on reliability.