/smg/ - Stock Market General

lefties hate gold companies

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: Council-of-Americas-protest_0.jpg (700x466, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iq.intel.com/deep-sea-mining-is-the-future-20000-leagues-under-the-sea/
space.com/30582-asteroid-mining-water-propulsion.html
insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
youtube.com/watch?v=6c9Uu5eILZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do these commies hate based Barrick?

They're a mining company that tears up the environment (and spills cyanide into rivers) to extract a mineral from the ground that is of very little actual use to anyone.

Why do you feel you have to shill your investment? Doesn't even make me want to look it up.

I got excited about cheapies Friday and went all in. How screwed am I? Give it to me straight

he is not the only

barrick gold stock 30$ eoy

Either you're screwed or I am. Though I'm in the green, so I can still pull the plug (but I won't).

Attached: A2COKbxD_mid.png (892x535, 67K)

Boring earnings week coming up. Facebook's earnings report will be funny though.

Attached: Dqg-N5GUcAEJctX.jpg (950x515, 109K)

S& P will probably bounce from here to 2800, then collapse to 2500.

Attached: 11323.jpg (427x580, 37K)

I hope so, if it drops to 2500 I'll clean up.

Attached: 1540426226785.png (626x722, 440K)

To the user talking about euro banks

With the existing accomodative measures, banks already have too many liquidities they don't know how to use (look up short term Euribor rates: they are negative)

Even more QE won't solve shit

But water IS more precious than gold. Look up who owns most water reserves in the world. You think it's nations? Investing in water treatment tech and companies and water reservoires is a very good move.

Can you be more particular? Or do you have some article to link up to?

I don't invest, I just observe for now.

The life of a fetus is worth more than water. Invest in the Catholic Church.

Is there writing on what will happen to current economy once asteroid minining makes precious gold irrelevant and the space exploration will make water and oxygen scarcity items?

I only know really science ficiton novels that deal with economic question like this, but it really fascinates me.

black monday incoming

bulls fags kidding themselves once again

Same sorta. I'm being very liberal with the projection here.

Saudi Arabia thing is done. Amazon and Google earnings are over. We'll get a slow uptrend going now.

A parabolic move down could happen if there's some type of late October surprise. Domestically and geo-political wise, we're entering a very volatile time frame between now and mid-term election.

Black swan events come out of nowhere.

Attached: Annotation.png (1543x871, 214K)

deep sea mining will be big before space mining
NUSMF

Water and oxygen won't be much of an issue when we're at the point of actually asteroid mining

>precious gold
makes precious metals* irrelevant.

Any articles/writing on DSM that you recommend? I'll look into it myself too now that you mentioned it.
> Water and oxygen won't be much of an issue when we're at the point of actually asteroid mining
Are you saying that water & oxygen problems are solved by the time we get to mine asteroids (if so, how?) or are you thinking of something else?

Here's a nautilus shill article from a couple years ago:
iq.intel.com/deep-sea-mining-is-the-future-20000-leagues-under-the-sea/
basically higher concentration of minerals, etc.

space.com/30582-asteroid-mining-water-propulsion.html
It just seems like by the time space mining is viable we'll have solved the oxygen regeneration/reuse issues.

Thanks for the links!

Here's my recommendation in return: novel that's great illustration of game theory.

have a nice evening/day, may it be green 4UUUU

Attached: 1515589232616.png (257x388, 187K)

Attached: Schiff Caption Contest.jpg (1012x836, 158K)

Fuck off tradfag.

>people still spamming this screenshot and don't understand it's meant ironic and he was posting stuff like this a lot in past
>he even says in his podcast that some people don't understand obvious sarcastic posts

Any tips for this week?

Going to be picking up SPOT and Facebook

yeah buy index funds

buy QQQ SPY QLD SSO

This is the FOURTH time i've seen Barrick shilled here this morning. Am i missing something? Redpill me user

clearly barrick gold but wait till thusday

this stock is heavly underrated considering the fact that it's has NEVER had that good fundamentals and but has been above 40$ already

this stock is a MUST buy

Attached: barrickgold.jpg (568x479, 197K)

everyone and their mom looking to sell 282
wonder if we will really get that chance

You are the 5th person i've seen outside of this thread to shill ABX Barrick Gold, am i missing something? Are the Barrick bros one of us? Redpill me, user

Why Thursday?

many people currently buying it

we were shilling around a month ago and since then it went up 37%

barrick gold never had THAT good fundamentals as right now but already was at over 40$

It's like a loaded gun, waiting to moon in fact it already is in the process of mooning

---> than the american market closed at least one time and you get a fair price

some people in usa still autistic because they saw dow jones etc falling and mass sold their stocks even gold company stocks

the thing is, that gold companies profit from an stock market crash people need some days to relise this and overcome the panic stage

barrick gold will at least be 20$ by end of year

What do you bros think of NAK (Northern Dynasty Minerals)? They own the proposed Pebble Mine up in Alaska. Leftist envirocommies absolutely HAAAAATE them, and Alaska might be electing a governor (Dunleavy) who has implied that he will override the illegal EPA veto on the site.

WLH trading under book, and is looking good to base under $10 next month.

no reason

Attached: images.jpg (220x229, 7K)

ANSWER ME FUCKING BOOMERS, CAN I TRADE STOCKS ANONYMOUSLY LIKE BITMEX???????????FUCKING 1000TH TIME I ASK AND YOU NEVER CARE TO ANSWER ME I FUCKING HATE ALL YOU PIECES OF SHIT

no and gtfo

thank you, and goodbye suckers, enjoy getting your anus raped by the taxman

You really are autistic. Can you not see the sarcasm?

I'm gambling on AAPL, SPOT and GPRO.

I wonder when Apple and Amazon will do a stock split? Amazon is kinda overdue ain't it? Before the downturn it was hitting the 2k mark. Woudn't it make since, split the stock, price would be cut in half thus more investors would be able to buy in. Amazon makes profit from this, investors win, amazon stock would quickly rise back to it's 2k mark. Seems like a win win for everyone.

it's better than getting raped by the unknown chink who you trust with your "investment" I'm sure he won't just walk away with your funds.

What happens when a company decides to "spin off" a division. Do you get shares in this new company as well? Just wondering cause I've got shares in G.E and unless they turn things around Selling or Spinning off parts of it is the only way for them to come out ahead looks like to me.

Next week ammo. I'm expecting volatility.

Generally you don't, most spin-offs are 100% owned by the parent company at start.

Attached: 1540657687115-588612939.jpg (2048x1152, 876K)

How does this work? You chug down an empty bottle for each -1%?

I meant entire not empty I'm drunk myself.

I'll start drinking once a line reaches -50%

Stock splits are not always 1/2. They would probably do a 7 to 1 like Apple did.

brainlet here can you buy a fraction of a stock or do you always need to buy whole number increments?

Some brokers allow you to buy decimals of a stock. Generally you got to buy entire shares.

you can also get fractions via DRIP

Sometimes you get fractions of a stock during a merger. The upcoming merger of Sprint - T mobile is an example. Sprint share holders would get 1 T mobile share for every 9 sprint shares. So if you only had 8 Sprint shares you would get 0.90 of a T Mobile share. However thanks to Drip that 0.90 share would eventually round up to 1 full one.

The Fox - Disney merger is a perfect way to backdoor your way into getting Disney on the cheap. Fox share holders get Dis shares. 1 Fox = 0.33 Dis IF at deal closing time Dis is over $100 a share. If Dis is under $100 at deal close you get 0.60 Dis share. Either way you win cause Fox is going for $45 while Dis is at $118. Drip would round up that fraction over time.

So say you have 2 Fox shares. Disney falls to under $100. The two fox shares cost you $50.00
Under the terms you would get 1 full Disney share plus a partial 2nd. 0.60 x 2 = 1.20. Hell of a bargain since just one Disney share is going for $118

isn't fox going to get artificialy pumped by people trying to take advantage of this?

The deal is to be closed early next year so you still got time to take advantage. But I'd cut it off at end of November just play it safe. For all I know the deal could be over with and take effect Jan 1. Give them, Fox - Dis Execs/Lawyers, a month (Dec) to get shit all lined up and whatever else needs doing

The gory details is buried in the fine print of SEC docs. Most people won't bother reading them.

This.

Attached: 1474864653579.jpg (750x725, 61K)

Holy crap the thread did survive inti Saturday

Wow nothing important
I thinki got 4 Fitbit shares but that's it

>Dow Corning
Might watch their earnings, since their world hq is 5 miles down the road

>mfw I bought 2 shares of AMD at $33.15 each and it plummeted to $17.63 in about a month

oh god i'm JUST rn

Sometimes deals like this are done so rushed that you the common man can reap the rewards. The Fox Dis deal is perfect cause Comcast (NBC) also wanted Fox. Disney was forced to sweeten the pot.

I bought 1000 shares at $36 and didn't set my stop loss because they said $40 price target.

Please show

Attached: 1540564771899.png (1022x768, 564K)

why do you buy the same shitty stocks? Are you one of those lebbit WSB fags? Fucking dozens of stocks to trade/invest in and it's always AMD or some bullshit. Besides,
>buying AMD at 33 when they've never historically breached 40
you some special kind of stupid, buying in that high?

>WSB fags
all the suicide posts on WSB this past month

Attached: index.jpg (239x211, 8K)

Facebook will boost +10% on ad revenue
screencap this

Attached: fang5.png (395x356, 175K)

What does /smg/ do with their weekends?
read? browse charts? shitpost?
normie things like hang out with other people (wife, kids, friends, coworkers)?
side hustle making money?
cry and sleep?
/videogames/?

I have currently have no job, no social skills, and no motivation to do a thing, besides sleep
I cant stop comparing my failures to other people's success

was it you comfy?

double down (or quadrouple down) and wait, or sell at open if you cant afford to, or are going to be panicy whenever the market has a downturn

Attached: 1409602958262.png (449x730, 146K)

Attached: 1451846102125.png (500x373, 201K)

I have bad news guise, I'm getting called into work so I can't run movie night tonight :( rip
I'm on a one year self purification ritual to engage in the final form of Mormon magic, so sadly no
Weekends I do house work, pet my kot and read. I just finished Fahrenheit 451 and now I'm reading Lord of the Flies

I just play Company of Heroes and Splinter Cell nonstop, I spend 2 hours every weekday morning doing my chart work anyway.

>I cant stop comparing my failures to other people's success
why tho it's pointless
you can only compare to your past self
and maybe your siblings minorly for some rivalry

He has yet to ascend to the point where the only man he competes or compares himself with is his past self.

don't waste your time doing nothing or even worse rotting your brain with videa. learn a skill like programming or cybersecurity it's fun and can lead to either an easy or profitable life depending on how seriously you feel like taking it. It's already a workers market combined with the fact that you literaly cannot force woman to do it that's half your competition gone right there.

I stare at the wall until markets open

Who orders pizzas at midnight

I don't literally play games 24/7 on the weekends, I have a plan for the future 4 years from now, at which point I can move on from the markets to something more profitable and rewarding. Until that day comes my life's a simple routine

Using the data table linked, I'm going to compare EVs sold to market cap. EOY I'll also add growth from the previous year and factor that into the equation.
insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

Fat NEETs and drunk college girls

I'm a student who has no friends, so I either study, read, or watch anime

>I have currently have no job, no social skills, and no motivation to do a thing, besides sleep

People on here like to talk shit about Jordan Peterson because he's associated with reddit/pol, but his advice really is good for guiding dispossessed young men down the path of getting their own shit together
He won't magically fix your problems, but nothing really does, you're the one who's responsible for your own life
Try watching some of his videos, maybe you'll get some inspiration to start taking steps to improve your own lot in life

youtube.com/watch?v=6c9Uu5eILZ8

Attached: 1535908286386.png (753x875, 407K)

>>He has yet to ascend to the point where the only man he competes or compares himself with is his past self.
i know i should, but its hard to stop doing it, when my only accomplishments are not dead and not in jail and no debt

>>I just play Company of Heroes and Splinter Cell nonstop,
im trying to be less like that, not more

>why tho it's pointless
id like to know this myself

kek, siblings are over 10 years older than I, and both are doing fantastic, one making millions a year on a caribean island with her husband and kids, one making bank from blue collar jobs and just moved in with a cutie
they both just tell me to get a job, no real discussion or help

>learn a skill like programming or cybersecurity it's fun and can lead to either an easy or profitable life depending on how seriously you feel like taking it. I
how? how do you get the sense of approaching accomplishment when no interaction? I can remember begining to prep to mine BTC when it was 3 digits, but whenever I asked someone for help in the real world, i got blank stares, so i doubted myself, and ignored it

then did the same thing when it was hitting $1000 a coin (one $990 share of AMZN was less work, and seemed like a better long term investment)

what programming can you learn to make real money? not to pad out a resume, but to find something to make money work from home style?

>>I stare at the wall until markets open
after 2 years of doing that I've accomplished nothing, and only gotten more depressed and frustrated with myself

>I have a plan for the future
like mental masturbation? i do enough of that, I need real world gains of some king, some empirical way to measure accomplishment

or you mean like keeping a journal, or writing text docs with a set plan to follow in the future

Attached: could but i dont want to.jpg (1678x2100, 453K)

>jordan peterson
no

you have that opinion solely because Jow Forums groupthink told you to
prove me wrong

Attached: 1492968474775.jpg (902x620, 317K)

I've actually read his book, not a fan desu.
"How to be miserable" is much better if you want to improve

are u the one that takes a bunch of adderall? You might just be injecting yourself with fear
Start taking Zoloft, it calms the mind

>or you mean like keeping a journal, or writing text docs with a set plan to follow in the future
I mean a concrete plan that'll allow me to work in a field where you can make literal bundles every year for working little. Already have some extended relatives involved in the industry so it's a question of time and readiness on my part, which I reckon will mature within 4 years' time.

That book is also a very good option and definitely worth reading
What didn't you like about Kermit's book

I don't know, more of a personal opinion. I didn't like the voice of the book, and I read it in his voice which is dreadful
Actual content is pretty okay

>not to pad out a resume, but to find something to make money work from home style?
Java Script should be your goto, used in everything form web to devops, if you can't get a job with JS you can save your self some time and neck your self now. Most places will let you work from home at least some of the time.

swift is probably your best bet for fullon stay at home, used on ios for writing apps etc but we're well past the app bubble so you better make some hot shit.

>hurrr shiny must be expensive

Hey dumbfuck, that may be the one single thing "lefties" are doing right, but I'm pretty sure those Soros-owned antifa cunts have nothing to do with gold activism anyway.

Anti-gold mining activism is always local, exactly how it was with fracking. The people whose aquifers are fucked by these processes have every right to be mad. Potable water is becoming more and more a rarity even for the developed world, meanwhile gold is only useful as a conductor (for which it's way too expensive anyway) or a store of value for ape-brained boomers.

Whoever prefers gold to water should die of thirst and lose the crypto revolution anyway

Attached: totale-retort.png (240x219, 60K)

>year 4(3.5? my schedule is funky) in Mech. Engineering bachalors program
>no internship or work experience besides minimum wage non-career related shit

>>I'm a student who has no friends, so I either study, read, or watch anime
yea, I commute from parents home to university instead of living in dorms (terrible, awful idea in retrospect) so i dont socialize with most classmates outside of lecture hours

>I either study, read, or watch anime
studying is feeling more and more pointless since no experience means degree wont be worth shit anyways
reading is nice, but it only gets you so far if you never act on what you learned from the book
i watched enough anime as a kid, anime does not pay the rent, anime does not turn me on sexually, anime does not get you GF or wife, anime does not accomplish anything besides allow you to joke with greesy otakus and post epic memes here

20-40mg a day, not shitloads
>Zoloft
just made me complacent with doing nothing with my life, causing this mess in the first place
(various other antidepressents n such too, they just made me happy with being a failure)

>Kermit's book
ill check it out, but i doubt it will be better life advice than Meditations will be (Marcus was great, even if his son was the worst heir the empire could have possibly had)

Attached: hes hot and cold at the same time.jpg (664x815, 86K)

me think all self help guys are charlatans
reading actual philosophers like Hegel if want to chrysalis

you mean lobotomize

Compalncey is good... Im saying because you only think youre a failure

Youre already in the stock market, that puts you ahead of 99% of the population which doesnt have even 1000 in their savings

Which gun stocks would you recommend to pick up on the dip?

He does sound a lot like Kermit the Frog, I can see how listening to him read a novel would get grating

Water is more precious than gold, though, as this user said
Gold is used industrially in circuit boards, but water is also used industrially in many contexts, everyone needs it to survive, and it's becoming increasingly scarce throughout the world
It's the commodity of the future, desu

>reading actual philosophers like Hegel if want to chrysalis

No book can do anything to help you in itself, the use of reading books written by philosophers/self-help authors is to give you the motivation/an approach to improve yourself
Using philosophers' writings to improve yourself is just a smarter looking/more socially acceptable version of reading self-help books, in my opinion

Attached: he very cars.png (1366x768, 489K)

>i watched enough anime as a kid, anime does not pay the rent, anime does not turn me on sexually, anime does not get you GF or wife, anime does not accomplish anything besides allow you to joke with greesy otakus and post epic memes here
say that to my face you sweaty bitch

Attached: images.jpg (730x480, 39K)

fuck you Im calm

Attached: lucky.jpg (225x300, 33K)

>lucky star

Attached: 1534984727683.png (778x778, 325K)

>reading the phenomenology of mind as a self help book

Attached: AFDB1A6F-94AB-46E0-A91C-2C6C905F5D12.jpg (1138x559, 282K)

This is dumb question, but do I still get dividends buying OTC pinksheets?

I went to a wine tradeshow with the gf and some aquaintances, an escape game with friends and tomorrow I'm gonna do some woodworking on furniture. Also I'm checking the law to create a company because I want to make a side hustle selling gold-plated rare pepes.