Ok anons, we need a new "just work in the trades memes" not all trades are equal, some trades (electrical...

Ok anons, we need a new "just work in the trades memes" not all trades are equal, some trades (electrical, construction etc.) are actually paid lower than what they should be and potentially a huge waste of time. What are some high paying skills that can only be gained through experience and are actually well paying?

Attached: 5391f2ba6bb3f7522303e629-750-1059 (1).jpg (750x1059, 130K)

>inb4 blowjobs

Rimjobs, pays well.

sales seems like the only choice

Translating is like $0.13 a word, I think. For most languages at least

web development

Engineering consultants usually charge around $140-200/hr here. My firm charges $140 for me and I graduated less than two years ago.

The overheads for consulting are pretty low as well, so it's just about finding a niche market that you can excel in.

Interesting, how did you become a consultant so fast? Also do you guys work 40 hours a week regularly?

I'm not really a straight consultant, but I'm in defence so we do a bunch of after-sales design support for customers. They decide they want some new widget so they pay us to integrate it into stuff we've already sold them. That work comes in piecemeal, but I'm on a salary so I work on current projects as well.

I know of a few people my age who are just straight consultants (in different industries) though, so it's definitely not that uncommon. Hours are fine, but the retards who get into the accounting firms (big 4 etc) aren't so lucky.

You forgot devops engineer which should be in the top 3

start in a big consulting company
build relationships with clients
build your company
call client friends
profit

>voice acting: $72
>animation: $35
BULLSHIT

>ruby programming

Attached: 1503146285311.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>hes not a voice acting chad that gets paid just to talk

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 40K)

Whatever you do, don't become a freelance translator.

why not?

I dont know which would be more bullshit, that chart being true or it being false.

Im a psychologist and charge $130 for 45 mins

Say, whats the hardest part about being a psychologist? You ever deal with any difficult people?

>11552671
now then, do you know a lot of voice actors that get to work on a project that requires hours of voice acting?
even on popular games and animated series/movies, the main characters are unlikely to have more than a couple hours of dialogue. and side characters might only have mere minutes.

animators on the other hand might require days for a relatively small project. they ultimately get paid more.

voice actors get paid so much precisely because of how little (in terms of time, not effort) work they get.

based boomer

Rates are plummeting due to machine translation and will continue to plummet once AI becomes more advanced.

Eventually, translators won't do any translating, instead their job will just be linguistic revision.