ITT: Blockchain Technology Discussion

ITT: Blockchain Technology Discussion

Attached: images.forbes.com%2Flaurashin%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F02%2Fbuterin.jpg (1280x868, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/wtf-is-the-blockchain-1da89ba19348
testnet.iohkdev.io
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ITT asain men love bbc

Fuck youuuuu

Absolutely redpilled and based, us asain men need to worship bbc like that

Honestly I haven't looked into how the technology even works yet. How about you start with a quick run down OP.

Good call.

hackernoon.com/wtf-is-the-blockchain-1da89ba19348

Attached: 93llslxmqfsz.jpg (1890x2997, 502K)

Have you looked at any IoT Protocols yet?
I've looked at IOTA / IOTW / IOTEX / ITC / SKY protocols
Which one do you think could scale indefinitely without problems?

Someone give it to me straight will Blockchain ever run anything more than shitcoin and decentralized record keeping? I don't see the bigger than the internet revolution here.

ETH + LINK
pure DAGs are a meme

Can Ethereum scale on a Small IoT Device? I've heard that PoS doesn't scale well with IoT. I like IOTW but the problem is , they own patents on their shit :(
You don't think IOTA can pull off their rolled ternary QC resistant cryptography?

IOTA will fail. ETH will scale
Start listening to the thought leaders and academics in the space.

Which ones do u recommend?

@socrates1024 @el33th4xor @phildaian + all the eth team members

so apparently at one point there existed billions of bitcoin.
i thought the whole point was there ever only being 21M

the technology is pretty cool, but solidity feels underdeveloped to the max, you're gonna have to create your own data structures >80% of the time

which is usually fine, but I trust 55 year old neckbeards developing programmatic languages since they were 15 (in lieu of any chance to lose their virginity) to implement built-in optimized data structures more than I trust myself

either way if you want to learn more about blockchain technology, eth is probably a good place to start

start by learning geth, then make some smart contracts on the test chains, then publish them on the main net and kick back while no one uses it unless it involves buying pixels that combine to form a cat

Both have already failed. If ETH could scale it would have happened by now

It's literally happening now. Expect it running end of Q1 2019

Safe bets:ETH, Potential:D
Medium risk:Zilliqa/Monero/Cardano, Potential:A+/Bּּּ+/C
High risk:Bluzelle/Holo, Potential:B/A

On one hand I would nominate Elastos for trying to make IoT manageable and hackproof, but then again the project is a shitshow and can’t be taken seriousl

If you listen to vitalik you won't understand what he mumbles in Russian

Go with the math+sales guy

Attached: Hoskinson-Satoshi-min.png (777x480, 68K)

>>Academics

Attached: download.jpg (258x196, 4K)

testnet.iohkdev.io

Kevm

interesting, didn't know about this, will check it out

have you used it to build anything then deployed to mainnet?

A blockchain DApp engine that can execute un-trusted Java bytecode in a deterministic, secure, instrumented fashion is the answer IMO.

Java is hands down the best ecosystem to build around. It's largely platform-agnostic, thanks to the Java Virtual Machine which can run on nearly every system. It's extremely scalable, being a statistically-typed language, it's faster and easier to maintain with less bugs. It's also entirely backwards compatible, less of a headache when updating systems. Java also has arguably the largest community of developers worldwide.

This is why I throw my support behind AION. In the long term, they are building an ecosystem around Java. The end goal is to allow developers to write decentralized applications in Java, potentially other JVM bytecode based languages as well, with a Blockchain SDK. Add interoperability to the mix and it really ticks all the boxes to achieve Enterprise class adoption.

Attached: AION.png (773x772, 25K)

Proof of Work is absolute dogshit and you all know it. Mining is a scam that inevitably forces 4 guys from China to control your whole network.

What about an hybrid between DAG and Blockchain, like a BlockDAG ?

>Blockchain
You believe in BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH BCASH

ETH is unironically going to win the platform race and is actually a good buy right now, only $6400 for a service node. Nice to see other people ITT agree considering ETH usually gets shat on on biz.