Ahhh nothing quite like investing for the long term and generating a nice passive income

Ahhh nothing quite like investing for the long term and generating a nice passive income

Attached: vanguard.jpg (300x210, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Bogle
ft.com/content/e139d940-977d-11e6-a1dc-bdf38d484582
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why does everyone here use vanguard? I use fidelity, is there anything wrong with it? should I transfer all my funds to vanguard?

funds are doomed, bro

Attached: fishermans-friend.png (287x167, 11K)

Fidelity is run by Jews. Vanguard is owned by the investors.

This but unironically.
crack sip

*ktsh* *sips*
Ahhhh VHYL, now THAT'S a good ETF

Attached: 104.jpg (250x229, 8K)

>pick a broker run by jews
>pick a broker run by bogs
fuck me there is no winning
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Bogle

>not buying cheap value stocks and avoiding the shitty large caps pumped up by boomer ETFs

Yep. Buy undervalued stocks. Starbucks, Coca Cola, McDonalds, etc.

Fidelity is fine. I use both, with about half my assets in each, just in case some unexpected fuckery at either company loses me money.

I sold all of my vanguard ETFs about 2 months ago. Feels good. You do realise Warren Buffet is more in cash right now than any time in his career?

Attached: 1535792254606.jpg (996x682, 64K)

>You do realise Warren Buffet is more in cash right now than any time in his career?
that's because he's almost dead.

Attached: sp500.jpg (1072x486, 169K)

Successful people don't live like they're going to die.

he's literally going to die in ~10 years. the reliable return on equity is closer to 20 years
>America's largest companies undervalued

I use DaDavidson
At a high enough level it doesn't really matter who you invest with because they all want your money and will fight for it.

why would I ever fucking do this

i dont want to be rich when im 67 I want to be rich now

with that mentality you wont be rich when you're old either

I'm invested heavy in some dane managed portfolios and down 20% in Oct. Saxo Bank.
Did I get jewed bros ?

>managed portfolios

passive indexed funds are far better my duder

this

Even if you disregard the studies on this, just think about what you're doing when you buy actively managed funds. You're betting that some guys you've never met will consistently make better than average calls, never get lazy or deluded, never leave the fund to be replaced by inferior managers, never change their strategy to something that doesn't make as much sense as before, etc

my parents have some money in a fund at chase. should i tell them to take that shit out?

ft.com/content/e139d940-977d-11e6-a1dc-bdf38d484582

The killer is that your average active fund manager will give you the performance of passive indexing, minus fees. That's because outperforming the market is a zero sum game, so you literally have to pick the winners of fund managers, and I don't see how that's any easier than picking the winners of stocks yourself. But the fees active fund managers charge are 10x the cheapest passive indexing funds, 1-2% per year compared to 0.1-0.2%. Almost guaranteed to lose you money over the long run.

financially yes. but some people just don't want the responsibility and are prone to panic selling at the worse times. might be worth a bit more in fees to pay for a robo advisor or even a low cost fund manager that buys the index just to hold their hand when things get rough.

i understand. ill see what I can do about getting them to move the money. from what i remember the fees were around .95%

this

The smart thing to do is invest in high risk things like crypto if you are under 35. Once you turn 35, switch over to traditional investments like VTSAX etc.

The smart thing is to invest in high risk cash flow producing assets when young, not speculative zero cash flow things.

Cash flow = investment
No cash flow = speculation, not investment

Cryptos will never produce cash flow like companies do. That is their nature.

If $5500/year is preventing you from becoming rich, you'll never be rich.

VMRXX ...........stock crash imminent

Cryptos will become the cash.

retarded.

idk ive been getting justed with VTSAX this last year...

invest for the long term

>actively shilling a pyramid scheme on biz
>2018
Shiggeroo my duu

yeeep sure is great having been a nocoiner throughout all this hooplah, gonna do a little tax loss harvesting to offset the dividend distributions then do my own taxes on paper

Attached: 1454644871089.png (189x209, 91K)

Crypto is the new stock market. The flipping has already begun with PEG network.

that's not actually the worst I've seen, so at least they're not being actively ripped off. unless there are more hidden fees, which is not uncommon.
but yeah, over the time period their money is invested a seemingly small change is fees can turn into a significant amount.

Attached: VweYko2.png (1137x990, 92K)

Vanguard only because they are who my company uses. Not really any complaints, but as another user said, they all seem to be the same at the end of the day.

Commission free ETF trades is why I go with it. Low expense ratios as well.

Yes buy now goy it's a great time to enter the market

I have vanguard ETFs in a Fidelity account

Redpill me on vanguard.

Fuck all that long term bs I need to be rich soon

All in crypto

Now THIS was a good fund

Attached: basedz.png (375x360, 18K)

BASED

Retard here, whats the difference between investing in ETFs through Vanguard and investing in Vanguard ETFs through another broker, like TD Ameritrade?

Index funds vs. ETFs
Are the funds just boomer investing?
What are the advantages of ETFs over boomer index funds?
Red pill me, lads

Not much as of now. They are commission free at TD, but they do have a smaller selection. I would be wondering how long they are going to stay commission free but I am an autist

Admiral shares

None, don't know other brokerages but Vanguard is commission free on every ETF I've traded (including iShares, VanEck, and even Rex).

Lower expense ratios and immediate liquidity.

I use Vanguard for ETFs and mutual funds and Ally Invest for day trading, options, and dividend stocks.

Admiral Shares aren't ETFs.

Vanguard funds in particular hold a dual structure patent that makes their ETF's and corresponding mutual funds functionally the same.

Mutual funds which follow an index outside of Vanguard are slightly less tax-efficient if you're not holding them in an IRA or 401k but also let you buy fractional shares, and typically have higher expense ratios than ETF's (but not by a lot). You send money into it and they buy it at the end of day price, as opposed to ETF's which you have to buy and sell like stocks when the markets are open. This can result in some issues in spread which are again minor.

So is there even a reason to hold the funds at all versus the ETFs?