Please marines tell me there is an easier way to setup a Chainlink node than this video:

Please marines tell me there is an easier way to setup a Chainlink node than this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=gZt5Y8rEj5Q

Like I have to run some Eth node on my PC and then another Chainlink node on AWS? My head is already dizzy.

Attached: 1521578161753.png (675x720, 742K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/chainlink/running-a-chainlink-node-for-the-first-time-4988518c95d2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ChainLink for dummies when?

Attached: Chainlink.jpg (793x892, 251K)

chainlink is already for dummies

Whatever, stay poor, fag.

Attached: ChainLink.jpg (1413x1016, 418K)

sell your expensive hardware
buy more link

IF you need a video to help you set up a node you're node is not going to be worth shit.

You also have to provide high quality API data. Bloomberg API costs $10,000 per month.

Pretty sure you're also not allowed to resell paid API data unless you negotiate a custom deal with the API provider. It's not like you can buy a Bloomberg terminal and publish the data on your website. Only institutions would be able to do this, NEETs would have to stick with free APIs

That's even worse. So we run our nodes as a hobby and provide free data? We're not going to make it. Muuuuh SWIFT

>what is linkpool

Well I guess the idea is to charge for the free API on the basis that you're adding value by making it compatible with smart contracts. I'm reasonably sure though that making significant income from running NEET nodes is a pipe dream. You might be able to get something by staking in linkpool though.

I just market sold my links

its a scam desu

>Decentralised network
>Using Amazon AWS
pick one

LMAO OP if you cant follow simple copy and paste procedure than idk what to tell you.

Attached: 9DDF0879-C1E7-4F22-AD2E-F411984A2B7D.jpg (2000x1000, 162K)

This is easier
medium.com/chainlink/running-a-chainlink-node-for-the-first-time-4988518c95d2
Be aware that there will be ALOT more to running a successful node than just setting one up and just 'staking' ala POS coins. Putting your 10k stack on a raspberry pi left on the floor beside a pile of your cum stained socks will not cut it.

You need Linux, Docker, Ethereum + Solidity and AWS skills imo. You also will need access to a full ETH node and redundancy built into your system if anything goes wrong.

Also. This is just for testnet... its a light client ETH node.

AWS is just an example you mongoloid. You can run a node from your basement if you want to.

I did this one. Do you think running a real node will be similar?

Running on mainnet is gonna be difficult. You need to know all those things that you mentioned and also find good APIs. I thought it would be fun to set up your own node but seeing how much work is needed I will hope for linkpool or similar solutions to show up. Or maybe the team will make it easier to set up but I doubt they have the time in the beginning.

>Be aware that there will be ALOT more to running a successful node
What does that mean in terms of hardware & software?

Holy fuck you autists just use linkpool to stake your links without any tech hassles

>inb4 americucks

USE VPN RETARDS

>run node on aws
>aws shits it's pants due to a shark eating into an fiber optic cable
>lose all your link

that's why you don't even fuck with any nodes because for small players it's gonna be useless anyway, you just wait for chainlink to be as hyped as xrp or some other vechain everywhere when it hits double digits then you market dump everything and never look back
that's what I'm gonna do, retired on my porch never hearing about smart contracts or oracles ever again

If everyone does this then it is a centralised network.

I actually think this will be the hardest part for the team, unless they have a few tricks up their sleeve.

Very few people are setting upnodes and those technical enough to do it are having a few few problems.

Even then, those who have managed to set one up realise they are going to have to invest even more into hardware for redundancy.

The whole thing could turn out to be a centralised mess.

Attached: Financial Supporters of IC3.png (733x815, 568K)

>aws shits it's pants due to a shark eating into an fiber optic cable

Attached: 1536078241181.jpg (600x656, 47K)

Jonny has repeatedly said Americans STAKE their link through linkpool. The restriction on Americans is that they cannot INVEST in linkpool.

but he also said they don't accept any more stakers currently right? especially if mainnet lanuches and there is pretty much only linkpool with their nodes available

>mfw I am about to make some user poor

Attached: byebyelink.jpg (660x330, 13K)

>Very few people are setting upnodes and those technical enough to do it are having a few few problems.
What evidence do you have of this? I don’t know but strongly suspect that a ton of financial data providers, e.g. bloomberg, dun & Bradstreet, Moody’s are aware of link and setting up nodes.

>aws shits it's pants
No, not the pants!

>but he also said they don't accept any more stakers currently right? especially if mainnet lanuches and there is pretty much only linkpool with their nodes available

Yes, last I heard this is correct. BUT, if you are holding link I seriously would not worry about the fact that list is currently closed. If (when) link takes off there are going to be a ton of other options. Maybe not IMMEDIATELY but very soon. LOTS of smart people following link right now. If Linkpool is 10% as successful as I think it is likely to be, they are going to have a ton of other competitors where you can stake.

user, this whole thread is basically low grade fud, e.g. the dork saying that link is in danger of turning into a centralized network.

running eth is the easy part. I can't fucking run the chainlink image on docker. wtf is the command?

did you install docker?

are you taking the piss right now. no shit i did, i already have eth node running.

Dude, Americans can fucking stake on Linkpool, dunce. They just couldn't buy shares at the ICO due to SEC concerns.

>Even then, those who have managed to set one up realise they are going to have to invest even more into hardware for redundancy.

Linkpool is hosted on AWS and have said they 10% of the total link is the maximum they will ever have staked. They are well aware of the centralization problem.

The most likely situation is that people will building out more infrastructure on Google Cloud, Azure etc and open sourced staking contracts (like Linkpool have) will be made available, enabling smaller pools of people to come together under a node that is hosted and managed by a trusted person.

Linkpool will most likely provide this type of service in the background if asked, it wont fall under linkpool and you will be responsible for your reputation.

Drunk user said the team are well aware of these issues and to expect more tutorialsfrom the team to help. He also said they might provide access to their full ethereum nodes for smaller node operators.

Anyone going down the DIY hardware at home route will have to be aware that any outage, ddos attack, hardware or software failure etc basically anything that prevents a request getting serviced will result in some penalty or loss of some deposit.

Too bad. Thats 1000 link lost buddy.

They have other products. Node as a service etc

the goal is to be very simple. but for now its the easiest way

OP here. Gave up on it lol. I just wanted to learn more about the whole node stuff and smart contracts, but damn this shit is complicated.

I'm now gonna try just looking into the smart contract part. Like connecting a smart contract to a chainlink API and see what's interesting there.

Attached: 1516583981487.jpg (744x836, 417K)

>I'm now gonna try just looking into the smart contract part. Like connecting a smart contract to a chainlink API and see what's interesting there.

Setting up the node is the easy part.

They've been working on a gui for a very long time now.

How is that the easy part? Creating a smart contract is just some programming.

Why did they focused on single-node deployments? It's like asking for trouble, especially from tech illiterate people setting up nodes.
Why did they use this boltDb thing as a database? Because it's a cool go-lang thing? horrible.