/smg/ - Stock Market General

Bull Club 2: Super Bulls

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: legendary.jpg (238x212, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/dont-sell-now-were-not-heading-into-a-bear-market-for-stocks-2018-10-25
m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/11/donald-trump-will-push-federal-marijuana-reform-re/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

Slow ass market

This is just delaying the inevitable crash. Bull trap?

went all in friday. no more money to buy. may the golden bull be good to us all

No crash until 2020. Read my lips: No new crashes

What about the one we're currently in

shouldn't I just wait for the inevitable REAL crash in 2020 and have a bunch of cash sitting around to start the dividend game?

>he thinks this is a crash

laughinggirls.jpg

>F right now

Well fuck, I should've bought back that call.

Attached: 1511816001883.gif (216x163, 970K)

hello

Attached: crashingthismarket.jpg (800x664, 122K)

dividend stocks already crashed on rising interest buy Today

These fucking AMZN bags

I’M STRAPPED IN TIGHT
Correction

Attached: 82E8E711-136B-4F21-A2B7-F9DED6CC0CE7.jpg (640x585, 152K)

bull trap,r-right??

fuck it i go all in barrick gold

gold is going is going down today their stock goes up
just...

bull trap was the 23rd. this is the recovery

tsla trading at 343, the perma tesla bears have lost everything once more

Attached: 1424728376166.gif (320x240, 1.54M)

>divergence
That should tell you something

I actually bought it at 382.5, after hours, at the literal top, the day of the tweet. One of the worst trades I ever made

Just hold on, $400 coming soon

Might as well have bought JUST at ATH

EA is tanking hard. How low do you think it will go?

can't predict too much hatred for this company

yea it's fucking underrated and now get corrected to it's original price

>he didnt buy Nasdaq at 6700
lolol

Attached: 1522556307867.jpg (531x717, 298K)

I sold my weed and bought some divvies...

Attached: 1533104447631.jpg (1474x2048, 1.02M)

Man auroras getting rekt today
I bought for long term at $7.30 but still

just bought back into amd, did i do good?

I really want to dump all my weed, but fuck it should go back up right?

I bought at 12 I feel like shut.

Cute :3

Attached: 985634678.jpg (545x683, 128K)

Fuck, I'm lucking out so much this month. Feels good.
Only bad trade was my GM put that I'll just sit out. Hopefully they'll disappoint on Wednesday.
Sorry, kiddo.

Attached: 1519147904969s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I can't keep up with all the dabs I have to do.

Attached: honhonhon.jpg (417x391, 42K)

ORHOF has been doing well if you want to still be in weed.

I like the CAC, tempted to buy...

igitt ist das französisch du schwuler hurensohn

Probably not tell next year just hold and buy more when you think it’s at the bot

Its over bears, youve just been trapped

Frakin bullshit. Barely a month investing.
Started with $180, made tens and twenties there. Made like $25 with IGC and got out before the whole potscam thing peaked and crashed to the shit it is now. Maybe its luck but I didn't bother buying into FANGs or any big S&P 500 stocks. Only bought AMD because of my gaming days so now holding a few shares despite being in the red bigtime on them.

Now sitting on a few $hundreds that I piled into a few biotechs and looking at the -25% current worth on one and -12% on another. Man, stocks are tough.

TRVN is -12% for me, averaged down last week after doing more research. Either way, TRVN is going to work out for me in a month or 12 months. I don't give a shit if everything is red, I buy to make money and I don't sell cause I'm out to make money and not lose money.

The /dogsofdow/ have awaken..bull week confirmed!

Attached: 1535472801911.gif (500x60, 11K)

>investing

>Breakout status: REJECTED

Attached: Download.png (1443x820, 62K)

Désolé mon pote, j'ai appris ta langue pendant 10 ans, j'ai bossé 3 mois en Allemagne et j'ai même des papiers qui me disent à quel point je sais bien le parler, mais j'ai pas envie de m'abaisser à faire un post dans cette langue de sous-merde.

Buy Netflix dip right now

Attached: teeth.jpg (1024x1024, 58K)

JUST

Attached: 1539977289251.gif (450x506, 3.34M)

how low can NVDA or AMD go?

That's what we are all doing here, right?

Attached: 12d3c5a682c76c26541942e3d030e07b4160dacdadde1c648d19035d7fac96d2.jpg (740x740, 92K)

you should really change this pic

user, I...

>he drew the downward line again

OH NONONO

excuse me, we only trade options here

Attached: 1539269879135.png (1315x858, 923K)

11-2 is an important day for TRVN
I don't know too much about that ticker, but I know there's some FDA meeting relating to TRVN happening on that day

Attached: 1538779743232.png (850x1200, 785K)

>marketwatch.com/story/dont-sell-now-were-not-heading-into-a-bear-market-for-stocks-2018-10-25

BEARS ABSOLUTE BTFO..GOLDEN BULL IS BACK!!

Attached: 1536914033319.jpg (1200x756, 173K)

Don't go in the CAC, too many old, state money and boring conglomerates. Check the SBF120.
Also protip : french companies are getting huge tax cuts on salaries this year.

OH GOD NO ANYTHING BUT MEME LINES PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOO

What u goys thinking about lmt

thank you, Id never heard of that index

Dogs!

Attached: early.png (640x554, 185K)

RHT

Valued at $170 now, but IBM has pledged to buy them out next week for $190.

So shouldn't everyone bbuy some RHT? That's a guaranteed $20 per share, right?

Sure we missed the insane 45%, but there's still upside?

Investing, trading stocks etc...
Just trying to learn as I go and make some money in the process. Just very happy that I technically haven't lost and instead already made money along the way, even if it is paltry sums.

Yup. I've been studying TRVN, looking at the historical trade volume and read through the FDA ADCOM document as well as TRVN presentation. TRVN has a good chance of approval sooner or later and the drug will def. go out to hospitals because it is a viable and effective morphine alternative with fewer certain sides at .25 and .35mg.

Bought in on the cheap right after the price tanked on Oct 9, average down to sub $1.0 per share.

After lunch dump eet

Attached: dumptime.jpg (458x321, 32K)

you too huh? i got in at 379... still holding out pure hate

Attached: 1466521439254.jpg (764x764, 112K)

How do you buy gold on Robinhood??

can only buy paper gold - etfs are your frand

Buy AMD puts

Also retoasting my Intel/AMD tech analysis

I know a bit about FinFET etching and I can guess why. It's tricky.
Intel already does 10nm chips, and those have a gate pitch (real chip density) smaller than the TSMC 7nm (the one used by AMD). I suspect TSMC rushed a 7nm designation out only to fuck with Intel marketing.
Right now, TSMC's 7nm is (or at least looks like) a "simple" gate etch shrink (it's pretty hard to do it reliably) from their 14/10nm node. You can see it because their metal pitch stayed the same. That's why their performance increase compared to the previous generations is small.
The key to the problem is EUV lithography. Nobody has it fully deployed now, so they can't shrink their shit further. TSMC use the aforementioned trick to be able to etch their FET at 7nm scale, then slap their 14/10nm contacts and metal layers on top and call it a 7nm tech. It's a bit dishonest but Intel did the same thing with their designations a while ago. Once they get their hands on EUV lithography (2019-2020), then they will push out a 7nm++ and have a 40% performance increase. That is, if they don't encounter the same limit as Intel, which is (I suppose) huge losses in M0/M1
Intel, on the other hand, probably designed their 10nm with EUV in mind from start, only to find out they didn't have the EUV lithography up and running on time with the usual yield. So now they are pretty late.
Also knowing Intel a bit, their management is totally fucked by boomers and a toxic corporate culture. All my ex-intel colleagues have PTSD from the management there.4

tl;dr : AMD won't have a stellar node advantage on Intel because TSMC's 7nm isn't much better than Intel's 14nm+. Architecture-wise, I'm not competent, I only do process engineering.

lel AMD puts at this price is so dumb.

>How do you buy gold on Robinhood??
Thats basically just a Robinhood credit card for stocks, Robinhood lends you money for you to invest right away because you are a poor ass neet.

I drew that line almost one week ago. The trend is your friend.
>the time to buy is when the media tells you not to sell
or something like that
I've been shorting AMD for weeks and I wouldn't do that right now.
It will probably go down a few more dollars but the bottom should be near or at least a rebound.

> d-dont sell p-please
i hope you guys are ready for a circuit breaker today

Attached: 1540308717963.png (1080x1040, 330K)

Thank you to the user who said to short Boeing.

intel got jim keller too

Yeah that's the plan now.
I'm spread between ACB, APH and PRM, testing out to who the big winner would be. Guess no one for a while.

Good quality post btw. Thanks for sharing. It's hard to pick between amd/intel/nvda right now for which is best to put money into.

feeling a power hour today lads

FALLING AWAY FROM ME

Attached: 1539011029447.gif (480x480, 3.07M)

lol cmon, this wojack issnt even funny anymore, so overused meme.

IT'S SPINNING ROUND AND ROUND

Attached: 1540438167563.jpg (448x458, 34K)

That's a matter of architecture. CPU design, if you prefer. What I'm talking about is integration/technology route. Even if Jim Keller is a design genius, he won't be able to help Intel's engineers to put out a coherent 10nm route faster.

No probs. I'll be there for 30 minutes or so, if you have more questions on semis.

Attached: 1475773960678.png (400x403, 182K)

Do you have any opinions of non semi specific companies doing their own chips?

Tesla's Jim Keller designed chip, facebook's AI chip, etc and all of that? How will they compete wiht NVDA? For instance Google's TPUs

Do you see a huge amount of competition or will nvda/amd/intel still hold share in that future

i'm just going to average down with these low prices. I don't see AMD going anywhere fast for 2 quarters.
AMD has an advantage over Intel right now in server/workstation space but Nvidia is really destroying AMD in graphics card sales for gaming as well as workstations. Crypto boom is out, no more free crypto $$$ moneys for AMD.

Keep your hopes up user sounds like trump is gonna push for federal marijuana reform next year
m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/11/donald-trump-will-push-federal-marijuana-reform-re/

>buy call
>buy put
>both go down

Attached: 1508617503283.png (449x498, 72K)

he should have down it before midterms, total pussies in government afraid to rock the boat.

Have you ever heard of IV crush

Two main competitors on the horizon, Samsung and SK Hynix.
The Taiwanese are still going to dominate Semi-conductors tho.
Japanese semi-conductors are struggling and US lost their customer base in China because of the trade war.

He probably wants it fresh I’n peoples minds for 2020

It's not gonna matter for 2020. You have no idea what kind of circus awaits us.

Checked

all my weed stocks no!

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x224, 4K)

I reckon he'd win with relative ease if he went in on a ticket of weed+migrants+2nd term magic

I don't think weed changes people's voting patterns. Who knows. Just doesn't compute for me. I also think Trump has very low chance of losing anyway unless some extremely dumb shit happens.

literally me rn
wtf happened to canopy, did they have some huge scandal or something? shits in freefall

only faggots who voted bernie so basically nobody important

Ya the dem top picks are creepy joe biden and Elizabeth 1/1000 Indian warren 2020s gonna be a bloodbath

Reality hit the DUDE sector

Generally those companies buy licensed designs from others (Apple's AX processors are in fact joint-designed with Qualcomm). Some actually make their own chip from scratch using the foundries' SDK.
In my job I work with one of the aforementioned big silicon valley fruit manufacturers and a big fab located in the alps, it's actually a pretty constructive approach. You may think it's a marketing argument, but guys like Apple actually care about their tech and how it works seamless with the other chips (for the record I don't own any Apple device).

Keep in mind that there are countless small fabless semis companies you'd never guess existed. Most are smaller than Tesla's autopilot division, and that's not much of a problem.

On the horizon, you really have only Samsung, TSMC and Intel on the "more Moore" race. GloFo and SK Hynix are left behind. It doesn't mean they will die out, but they will have to focus on differentiating tech.

I'm expecting a massively crowded dem field that devolves into identity politics and your rasis stuff.

>he didn’t read the hundreds of articles about weed being overvalued

>buying weed stocks near ATH
I gambled a bit but always sold after being in the green. The volatility is just crazy and the hype is over.

yeah I got really pissed off when INTC had a good ER day. Was praying for them to crash so I could go in deep.

"No!"
It's okay, I'm playing the 3-5 year game with these, and its mostly just for fun