LINK FOMO

Back in late June of this year I held about 100k BAT. The price was 3500 sats or around 21 cents. I had LINK on my blockfolio just to follow because of Jow Forums
LINK was down to about 2200 sats and resting at under 17 cents.
I felt so smug and confident that I had chosen the right crypto
Now LINK is over 6500 fucking sats. Knocking on the 50 cent's door and BAT is fucking awful at around 3500 sats still.
It's the worst feeling in the entire world. So I have some questions:
>Why the token?
>What does the token itself actually do?
>What is your biggest FUD as a LINK holder?

I'm about to go create a binance account for this shit.

Attached: chainlink.png (225x225, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/677
medium.com/@The_Crypto_Oracle/chainlink-the-missing-piece-to-the-god-protocol-fd455dde92ab
youtube.com/watch?v=_wzfIS6YC-I&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Going from 2k to 6k sats proves nothing. Looks at bitconnect. Chainlink devs don't realise that what they're trying to accomplish is impossible, even with 32 millions. So do yourself a favor and stick to btc and eth

>what they're trying to accomplish is impossible
why is it impossible

Might I suggest that you FOMO in already?

>Why the token?
The token serves two purposes:
1. Pay for data requests
2. To be used as collateral by node operators
LINK needs to be valued exclusively by its utility to the network. Its value cannot be dependent on too many external factors beyond that because that would make it unstable for collateral. So other cryptocurrencies won't do for this purpose.

>What does the token itself actually do?
The token is ERC20 but has ERC677 functionality. Steve Ellis is actually the person who proposed the ERC677 standard for LINK. The token is required to send data to and from the smart contract. Standard ERC20 tokens don't offer that functionality in as easy of a format. So the token is actually required from a technical standpoint for the network to function as it sends the data to the contract and calls certain functions at the same time.

github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/677

>What is your biggest FUD as a LINK holder?
Average node operators will be BTFO as high value smart contracts will all require expensive authenticated APIs. Decentralization falls to the wayside as centralized entities take over the node space (think Linkpool). Ethereum never scales to meet the demand of smart contracts. Smart contracts themselves don't get adopted. It's too expensive to run smart contracts through Ethereum (another platform takes over).

>>What is your biggest FUD as a LINK holder?
even if mainnet becomes live and actually works, the token will be useless if nobody adopts it. the team better shill the fuck out of chainlink once they have a working product. they can't "let the product do the talking" anymore.

>be stinky when others are linky

Attached: initialD.png (608x112, 40K)

You've been here since June and don't know what link does? You deserve everything you're feeling right now. What a fucking retard.

Any reason not to use IDEX and skip having to register and fuck about with getting verified on another exchange?

Its not, he's just being a faggot

I shilled this shit enough last year. You should have listened then.

only reason why LINK is going up because of the hype here on Jow Forums. its actually not that great because no where else ppl talk about it like reddit, bitcointalk, youtube, etc.

invest at your own risk I warned you

You'll pay more on IDEX, and less LINK is even available for sale. It's not worth it because on Binance you can make an unverified account, the only catch is that you just have a daily 2 BTC withdrawal limit.

>the team better shill the fuck out of chainlink once they have a working product
They are shilling it now to actual businesses and projects that will actually use it. Where do you think these partnerships are coming from? There is absolutely no reason for them to shill it to a bunch of anime fapping nerds. They don't need us to buy it because the price won't matter but will still rise as a consequence of their success.

I have honestly only started reading up on crypto this week and after reading through this article ->

medium.com/@The_Crypto_Oracle/chainlink-the-missing-piece-to-the-god-protocol-fd455dde92ab

and watching this video ->

youtube.com/watch?v=_wzfIS6YC-I&feature=youtu.be

Decided to purchase $500 worth of link, as the company seems to have a fairly solid goal that sounds like it could fill an important role once achieved. I feel like its better to be involved with something like this, then to find myself in 2-3 years time wishing I had bought in.

Though I will admit, the constant negative posting and calls that it is a scam can be a little disheartening.

>2 BTC withdrawal limit
>only being able to cash out 8 LINK at a time

guess I'll just have to stake the rest...

HUNDREDS OF TEAMS

How are you going to stake it if you can't withdraw it from Binance to your node? Kek

Young man, you suffer from Tiny Heart Syndrome.

>Ethereum never scales
Does ETH need to scale for LINK to work?

>buying a band aid solution
>unironically falling for le link meme

Oh no...

>band aid solution
This is my biggest fear and why I never bought any LINK. What's to keep the LINK from being replaced? LINK isn't special. It was all created in the blink of an eye and the press of a button. Could be done again and again.

Agreed! What is stopping someone from forking ChainLink and improving it faster and with more marketing?

> another platform takes over

> what is blockchain agnostic

> what is stopping someone from forking literally any other coin you fucking brainlet

cuz of the laws of thermo dynamics my dude

Nothing? The only reason BTC is able to survive forks is because BTC requires energy to produce. BTC forks will fail because they are airdropped.
So we're right back to square one. What is to stop someone from buying out LINK and issuing their own tokens? Nothing.

Hey my dude can you be more specific.

I smell a rat.

It was believeable until now

you literally know nothing, the fuck you on about.

So the longer link stays under the radar the better? More time for the community to build/brand to build...

The value is in the network, not the code, you mong. To quote an user the other day:

Even if you copy the rules of basketball, owning the NBA is what makes you money not the rules themself

It needs to be able to handle millions of API calls every day.

Explain how it works then. You have no idea.

>It needs to be able to handle millions of API calls every day.
And this needs to be done over ETH blockchain? That will never fucking happen. A great example is Brave and Twitch. Brave has the BAT and Twitch has the "Bit". Both are made-up currencies which were created in an instant from thin air. Both are managed on a centralized server run by the host company.

Crypto is so fucked. Right now literally the ONLY use case is BTC's gold 2.0

Is Link fucked?

Mfw my exchange doesn't even sell this shit.

Based.

Attached: 1537643730529.gif (314x240, 363K)

Listen I genuinely care about about Anons financial well being. Its hard as shit to get ahead in life now, not just working 9-5 for the rest of your life. The sooner you start saving the sooner you can get ahead in life. Chainlink is a meme started by Jow Forums (an infamous trolling board) to lead people to financial ruin. This is NOT A JOKE. Don't let your saved wealth be thrown away over night. Vitalik Buterin the creator of ethereum said himself the days of making x100 or x1000 are over, that right the guy who created the second most popular crypto said himself those days are over. Now Jow Forums is trying to get people to lose even more money after the December/January bloodbath. Smart money already exited the crypto world. Crypto is basically a highly specialized database, companies don't need this. They will just create their own private blockchains. There is no need for crypto chainlink isn't even needed to run the nodes. Think XRP when you think chainlink. The company ripple (smartcontracts) is doing well but the coin XRP(chainlink) isn't even needed for the companies technology. Considering what Vitalik said "The days of making x100 or x1000 returns are over." Chainlink needs a 399900% increase in price over the next couple of months to reach $1000 this is ludicrous. Don't fall for it, chainlink its a meme to fuck you over. Consider this for chainlink at current price to reach $1 you need an increase of 700% or a 233% increase every month until EOY. This is a Jow Forums meme to siphon money out of the hands of the already vulnerable.

Attached: image_0_0.jpg (900x506, 113K)

It will happen

this.

This is probably bait but most of the "work" is done off chain the token is only for payment and reputation. Also, the network effect is especially important for chainlink to work. If someone forked it into a separate oracle network that only had 5 oracles vs chainlink that has thousands why the fuck would I use the fork?

Yeah same with Facebook. Not special. Could easily be done again and again. And google. Don’t even get me started what a POS. There’s also Bing and Yahoo they’ve already remade it. Can’t believe people fall for this. I just made a new Bloomberg that I’ve improved faster, and I’m gonna do more marketing!!

Fuck off you tiny little faggot there's people in here with over 50k USD in LINK who have held since the beginning and you're whining about $500.

Check your privilege.

this, buckle up or fuck off
>t.116k

Attached: nralink.jpg (498x522, 37K)

Unironically this.

Attached: 1540772388866.jpg (1080x720, 67K)

No reply to this?

Yeah OP...... this is sad....... I literally started coming to Jow Forums in February because I'm racist. Made out ok in the dec bullrun.

I don't know shit about anything crypto related or technology related. I couldn't even figure out how to set up my 2FA authentication on binance to cash out my pretty decent gains in Jan.

Yet it was INSTANTLY obvious that all the circlejerk around chainlink for the first few days I was regularly on biz meant that link was going to be huge.

I bet you scored at least 300 points higher than me in my SATS and probably outclass me by at least 20 points in IQ.

Yet I outsmarted you.

its true do not buy
its a Jow Forums meme, you think posts like this: are for real? it's all a huge inside joke

BRAAAAAAAPPPPPLLLBLLBLBLBLOB

Attached: blue fish_Spongebob_Deaugh.jpg (625x415, 300K)