/smg/ - Stock Market General

cryptofags and capitulating small specs edition
you can't time the bottom until it's already pulled out, just try to buy near the bottom

I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 1447341495279.jpg (467x700, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investing.com/indices/indices-futures
youtube.com/watch?v=OuOcnGAv4oo
youtube.com/watch?v=sZSdRVkplWQ
twitter.com/BenjaminA_Smith/status/1057055126026964992?s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

crypto is a speculative bubble and has no inherent value
venmo does everything crypto can except for allow you to buy drugs on tor (the original use of crypto)

reminder that you are an insufferable faggot and the dow is going under 20k

Bleed Out.

Attached: 430.jpg (680x472, 29K)

please put all of your crypto money into shorting the DOW until it goes under 20k
it would make me happy to see you lose everything

Sorry you're committed to a bubble user ;)

Seig Bear Market!

Attached: 1536979158005.png (1134x1652, 782K)

Attached: keep crying faggot.jpg (469x296, 124K)

I need a bear market to recover. So up we go I guess. I’m fucking B T F O I don’t think I’ve ever been this justed before.

Attached: BC91B4FD-6415-4153-ADA5-9BDB3726167B.jpg (456x496, 38K)

Don't buy amazon, buy shares in potential amazon takeover targets for cheap, hell all it takes is like 2 shares of a potential victim. Then when Amazon strikes you get shares in Amazon for chump change. Yes it will be a partial share but still, hell of a bargain, considering. Plus while you wait for Amazon to strike your "victims" may actually go up in value stock wise so you can't really lose.

Yup I can't gauge market direction anymore so I'm just waiting for it to find a real bottom. Long is the least risk for the most reward atm but I still question the strength of the market desu

Buy FNGU

Attached: bah.png (569x532, 483K)

and to clarify I'm only holding my visa. Which I cut in half

Will amazon buy target or sears?

LOOK AT THE FUTURES IT'S HAPPENING

Attached: 1540841959987.jpg (1100x605, 464K)

MAC(omunizt)A

Futures' up the fuck are you talking about

investing.com/indices/indices-futures

>S&P down 1%
>DOW down 1.5%
>NASDAQ down 2.5%
>futures are up

Attached: 1540844285386.jpg (881x582, 49K)

And to think I derided "weak hands" who "panic sold" in the first week of October. Who else /JUST'd/?

Attached: JUST'd_bull.png (876x627, 342K)

Getting absolutely slaughtered senpai.

The weed market is eating it.

Re-posting this from the last thread. Not my TA. Some other user posted it and it was the only solid TA in the last thread. So yeah, here you go...again.

Attached: 1540852493430.png (1469x652, 212K)

>4 year forecast
Yeah, nah.

Sears is dead. Target, i dunno, but the key is to look at the big picture. Right now Streaming is a big thing. Media mergers are a big thing. (T + Time Warner, Fox + Dis). Amazon has streaming but really not much content nor a studio to properly shoot it all like AT&T and now Disney. On the other side of it, E-commerce is kicking up, all kinds of startups that may have a market segment that Amazon would like to expand in. So what do, first you look for movie production houses that is cheap yet has quality goods. Lions gate fits the bill. They are cheap, they got good quality goods/assets and Amazon already has deals in place with them. It's not much to assume Amazon may buy them later. In the other front, Esty inc and Shop are potential victims. But no mater what, the first sign you get that Amazon is moving in to strike, you better move fast. The victim's stock price will be flying sky high on the news.

FUCK I suck so bad

>start shorting market early october
>it works
>think it's done and reluctantly buy the dip even though everything is still bearish
>keeps crashing
>bought 3x FNGD bear etf last friday
>sold it this morning at 5% loss thinking it was gonna rally
>market dumps into the close

How do I stop questioning my decisions

Attached: 1431207393764.jpg (2768x2928, 466K)

>libtards still falling for the crash meme

The end is nigh, repent of your gains in stocks and bonds and transfer your wealth to gold!
Repent sinners!

Attached: praise gold.jpg (1271x1694, 2.09M)

Or I can take my life savings and buy 60K Mega Millions lotto tickets.

Attached: 1459825523520.gif (416x416, 14K)

crypto is a ponzi scheme get out coiners

This thread is for hating on Powell

You are trying to micro-time moves on scales that are unpredictable. Won't be reliable. 55% accuracy would be insanely good if you are trying that. Think about that and you are expecting 100% accuracy.

Think in terms of weeks and months, not days
Stop trading so much and hodl more

I know, now I'm just in cash and waiting, thankfully I broke even. I will wait for the oscillators to turn which is how I decided to go short in the first place, if only I had stuck to my original plan

Good point. Thanks

One key piece of advice I have learned.

Risk management is Stress management. If you allocate correctly or relative to risk you want to take your decision making will be better. You will end making bad decisions, cancelling ideas, and other things if you are in too deep. It's worth taking a slower approach if it means you can have better mental stability during the trading period.

There should be three states a trade you are in is at. Proceeding as planned. Waiting for the catalyst. Or time to bail because the catalyst didn't work. If you can't have a good reason behind the trade with a clear time frame, catalyst, etc you are losing.

first for ABX

Attached: barrick gold.png (2518x1192, 253K)

Speaking of predicting the crash and the future of the market after, Mike Maloney is premiering his new secrets of money videos RIGHT NOW.
Check em out.
Dont say i never taught you nothing.
>youtube.com/watch?v=OuOcnGAv4oo

Attached: 30 yo precious metals boomer.jpg (675x601, 86K)

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the crash NVDA is experiencing? What is the reason for it?

Attached: NVDA.png (1814x615, 69K)

apple going to save the market tomorrow? product announcement

it's in line with all other tech declines. Look at google/amzn/amd/etc

they all gave up and revented to around end of 2017 levels.

>FAANG

Attached: 1539286780114.jpg (414x397, 33K)

YOU ALL HAVE TWO (2) DAYS LEFT BEFORE A MAJOR MARKET DIP, POTENTIALLY A CRASH WHEN THE FEDERAL RESERVE DUMPS ~$30B IN ASSETS RIGHT BEFORE THE MIDTERMS IN AN ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE THE PRESIDENT

Attached: balancesheet.jpg (890x813, 168K)

I hope there's a .5% recovery tomorrow morning to get the bulls excited and then down down down all day.

Attached: 1540072169121.jpg (750x371, 161K)

Listen to my 88s

Attached: 88.png (512x545, 40K)

If anyone has any doubt whatsoever that this is somehow already priced in or doesn't matter - pepper your angus and start hedging immediately.

Attached: fed.jpg (890x462, 56K)

The Fed is ready to crash this party with their policy of hiking rates (One more in Decemeber and 3 more next year) while going into Quantitative Tightening. A dollar shortage will kill the rally.

Attached: SP vs FED.png (1600x1021, 296K)

orange bad man

blue wave incoming,kid

Be nice, Amazon drops to like 1k again or lower. Prob won't happen but hey it's fun to dream.

Moreover, the FAANGs have hit their zenith and are coming down with a fury after people bought hand over fist. They have also inflated their own share price with stock buybacks financed on debt

Attached: FAANG.jpg (730x414, 30K)

I hope not, but if the dems get the house then Trump can at least blame them for any market calamity as well as the Fed (which he is already calling out)

Attached: Trump2.jpg (1440x1320, 560K)

just short it then, put your money where your mouth is or shut up

Get ready for a gaping of a lifetime.

Attached: SMART1.jpg (890x467, 54K)

>they
how much did alphabet or amazon buyback?

Nikkei opening slightly in the red.

Billions

Attached: buybacks.png (624x430, 68K)

9/28/2018 – NVIDIA had its price target raised by analysts at Evercore ISI from $300.00 to $400.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.

>stocks actually move on analyst price targets

Hmm, it's at 1522.00 right now, so only $522 left to go. come on, you can do it, way the market is acting, dropping another $600 is not hard.

>mfw NVDA approaches a forward P/E of 15

SOON

Attached: 1540485057416.jpg (512x512, 54K)

Amazon vs Apple, vs Alphabet are entirely different in buybacks though.

2600 by Wednesday I want to say. Will it bounce? I suspect everyone will think that's the bottom and inevitably people will be burned again.

Why gamble? Buy bankruptcy puts on spy.

>P/E
call me back when I give a fuck

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif (250x250, 277K)

I'm in love with AI-chan...

BOJ about to pump us to another dimension

Attached: uy6tjut.jpg (245x205, 7K)

>I need a bear market to recover

Attached: 1503079176875.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

AMZN $10 strike puts?

TA on dude weed sector leader Canopy Growth. For the moment I consider Canopy to be the most important ticker to do analysis on as it has a history of setting the trend for everything else. HMMJ ETF chart is so similar to Canopy's it's silly. Canopy has a longer chart history than the ETF so I prefer to use Canopy as the benchmark. Anyway.

Burning questions: Should I sell at a loss tomorrow? Should I buy puts and/or go short? Is there any upside left?

General TA
>Canopy rarely dips below 200 day SMA (the brighter blue line in pic related)
>last time it broke that line was the late bear market of summer 2017 and even then it kinda hovered closely below it before breaking back above for the fall 2017 bull run
>daily RSI is 31, 4h is oversold at 25, 1h is extremely oversold at 19
>Stoch RSI has bottomed out
>200 day SMA level for tomorrow is $40.

Count on the 200 SMA to be launch pad for bounce play, however, there is no guarantee of holding that moving average after a bounce in to lower high in to crash. This is a swing trade opportunity only. If you're already long and deep in the hole, consider selling this bounce.

So, sell now? Only if the drop breaks 200 day SMA or on the oversold bounce. Same answer to opening short position or buying puts. Short term upside is the bounce in question. After that I can't possibly say other than people like weed and it'll keep selling.

Good luck. Don't kill yourselves.

Attached: WEED5.jpg (1823x943, 574K)

quick rundown on lode pls and why not barrick

I'm in love with AI-chan...

not in love with how everything's red

Attached: 1521341992977.jpg (500x749, 79K)

if amazon drops to $900 I can sell all my non critical stocks and use the profits to strike and bag Amazon shares

>major market dip
Is that really going to happen? I already cashed out last week, but I'm itching to buy TVIX.

Cheer up user-kun, buy the dip!

Attached: 1538956768350.jpg (720x960, 406K)

I'm actually gonna pray tonight that amazon keeps falling. $900 is that to much to ask? Plz, I need this. I can hold Amazon for the next 30 years and not worry about nothing.

Meh

youtube.com/watch?v=sZSdRVkplWQ

My anime portfolio is doing well

I'm a few bad days from dumping everything and buying gold. Convince me otherwise.

>musk starts posing weeb shit
>claiming to be a FAANG girl
>sudenly takes time off twitter
>out of no where FAANG collapses
the numbers Mason what do they mean!

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (546x434, 70K)

Disney stock is falling to, down to $113 per. Hmm, if it falls to $100 I may strike tomorrow and buy a share. I already own Fox shares. So under the terms I'd wind up with 3.x (x = partial share) of Disney shares.

See what happens tomorrow. Sell if you want but I'm not so sure about jumping straight in to gold. Midterm elections are in one week and the markets will certainly react some kind of way to the outcome. If the Republicans do decently, the markets will recover and gold will slump.

I jumped on the Barrick Gold train. Gonna ride it for 15 years. I hope the profits will be massive by then.

Yikes

Attached: 1540566057128.jpg (780x439, 41K)

Asia pumping. Futures pumping. Let's see if it lasts.

>blocks your path*

Attached: federal reserve.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

Like it did this morning?

Attached: im234ages.jpg (228x221, 7K)

Don't forget to hedge with LCI

Attached: 1539514178819.png (960x677, 750K)

past 10 days:
>morning bleed
>stocks pump
>wagies get hyped for green day
>shits the bed
>small dip of hope
>sell off of death into 1pm
>futures open green
>wagies develop slight hope

Attached: 1537131873514.jpg (471x388, 94K)

mastercard and mgm have no business crashing

Attached: Qv4qJZO.jpg (1224x1632, 485K)

mgm hasnt even settled las vegas shooting lawsuits brah

Fuck it, I'm gonna do it. It'll mean the next 2 week's budget will be on a tightrope and I'll only have a dollar's worth of wiggle room as the stock price is in flux but fuck it, Disney will be in the bag. Once the Fox deal is done, that'll mean over 3 shares. Factor in drip over 30 yrs should equal a nice payoff.

literally a non-issue. money isnt involved and mgm is covered by the terrorism insurance bullshit whatever law thing.

FUTURES
ASIA

WHAT DOES ALL THIS GREEN MEAN FOR TOMORROW?

Oh and by the way, the GMP Securities report on the weed sector that was partly responsible for today's dry pounding turned out to have glaring factual errors regarding Canopy's revenues. Ben Smith corrected it on twatter a little while ago:

twitter.com/BenjaminA_Smith/status/1057055126026964992?s=19

Second, some cocksucking short seller on twatter by the name of BettingBruiser tried to FUD the Constellation deal by implying the deal might not go through today. He was shot down within 30 minutes with proof. Constellation bond offering went through today and the deal remains on schedule for closure tomorrow or Wednesday.

they are squeezing out everyone

DUDE
WEED
LMAO
if CGC can hold steady above $25 and TLRY is a warehouse in the ghetto and still trading in the 90's why the fuck is ACB single digit midget?

Attached: 1539784225826.jpg (1600x1071, 641K)

>Another 100!? But we're so short! Where's the downside at this point?
>Do it. At the market.

I liked this image so much, so I cleaned it up so it could be used for whatever's crashing at the moment. Let me know if anything should be fixed.

Attached: 1540749228844.png (892x535, 55K)

Supply, they ran out. smoked it all. I own shares in Auroa. It'll pick back up, give it time.

DRUUUMMMMMPPPPFFFFFF

Attached: ogre.png (1851x991, 1.23M)

There is no reason why it shouldnt be at least $20 this makes no sense at all.
Fucking aphria is worth more. How? Fucking how?

It was already crashed before. Pay attention, this is just the golden bulls final spasms.

What the hell is happening with weed stocks going down?

>yfw you realise some cock gobbler made 10x on the way up with nvidia
>yfw they're about to make the same again on the way back down

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x575, 30K)

Canadians taking market share